Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Last I checked, Xbox's were read-only and didn't posses the capability to 'burn' anything.

What you have there sir, is a scratch. It sounds like it's circular (not across the disc, but around it), and therefore, highly unlikely to be repaired.
    Just another random troll.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Actually, data layer on printed disc is much closer to the label side of the disc than the bottom for the exact reason that small scratches there will not destroy the discs too easily. Burned discs is another thing, there the data is recorded at/near the outer bottom of the disc and sanding off the disc with repair tool will actually wipe everything out of it.
    http://www.lacie.com/technologies/te...y.htm?id=10026
    that's what i'm referring to.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Burned discs is another thing, there the data is recorded at/near the outer bottom of the disc and sanding off the disc with repair tool will actually wipe everything out of it.
    The plastic layer at the bottom of the disc is still quite thick, I don't think a disc repair tool would take off so much as to get anywhere near the label, really. Circular scratches like OPs can be fixed by the repair tool if they aren't too deep (confirmed by my friend who worked in gamestation, has 2 dogs and had an early xbox 360, who said that they don't charge for the circular types of scratches as it doesn't always fix them).
    Last edited by mmocca70d558a3; 2011-06-14 at 04:18 PM.

Sigh, I wish I could buy games as cheap as US$40. :<
    It's like, nothing. A new game in Sweden costs like 112US$.
    &nbsp;