15+ Year Old Account

[New System] Buying help - Thread #1336

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/produc...=43&catid=1951

Looking at these, which is the best one to start with and build up on? I'm not wanting to go above £650 (inc. VAT).

If you know of a better site/place to shop, please feel free to suggest. I am not capable of putting it together myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/produc...=43&catid=1951

Looking at these, which is the best one to start with and build up on? I'm not wanting to go above £650 (inc. VAT).

If you know of a better site/place to shop, please feel free to suggest. I am not capable of putting it together myself.
    Not alot of choice there.... and Not capable? or not willing? Do you have an "old" machine you can canabalise parts from? (IE Optical Drive, Graphics Card, etc..)

I'd have a look at these:
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/pc/gaming/

Probably the iRush Pro would suit your needs based on the link you gave.

If you do have parts from an old system you can use take a look at:
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/barebones.html
    Which gives you greater flexibility on the base price as graphics can be updated anytime,

What will you be using the machine for?

15+ Year Old Account
    My current PC is in fact a Novatech. I don't have it at hand and I honestly can't remember the exact stats.

Oh, and not willing! If I make a mistake and break something, I can't afford to fix it.

I have nightmares of when a 14 y/o version of myself tried to apply an extra RAM stick to my laptop and killed it with static.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-06-14 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    mmm, they're a little expensive on that site.

Lemme throw up a quick build on ebuyer for you, just purchased it myself and ittl be just around your price range.
    edit: nvm just saw you don't want to custom build. Is there no one you know who could do it for you/help you out?
    I'm sure you could even take the parts in to a local pc world/<insert local PC shop here> and they'd build it for a small fee(£50?)

http://zhost.tk/u/vz/basket.png
    I'd go for something similar to that personally. It's slightly more expensive than your budget, but its only a spare 25 quid or so. You could probably downgrade the ram to 4GB of the same memory to save a bit of cash if you're on a strict budget. You could probably lower the gfx card too if you desperately need to be under the amount.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2011-06-14 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, You could safely go with the barebones option, and fit your own graphics card and optical drive.
    Alternativly, you can get them to build you one from scratch, for £60+component cost (which usually works out better than buying a pre-made one.) They then build it and send it out as a complete tower/laptop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post

Lemme throw up a quick build on ebuyer for you, just purchased it myself and ittl be just around your price range.
    edit: nvm just saw you don't want to custom build. Is there no one you know who could do it for you/help you out?
    I'm sure you could even take the parts in to a local pc world/<insert local PC shop here> and they'd build it for a small fee(£50?)
    Maybe, if the difference in performance is high enough for the same cost, it would definitely be something I would explore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post

Yeah I just personally don't like ebuyer when it comes to anything more than £20....

I made the mistake of buying two of my laptops from them. Regretted it ever since. (Sent one back to Acer for a repair when my screen broke. it came back with a broken webcam. Acer want £50 to cover "shipping" for them to repair it. If I'd bought the machine from Novatech though, they could have fixed it there and then, for no extra charge. Novatech also have a store I can go into to get it done.

Deleted
    in regards of overclockers, their pre built gaming pcs can be made a lot cheaper. the builds generally don't come with any graphics card so you need to add one later which make their initial cost kind of misleading.

take the Titan Spinosaur for example; with a hd6950 and ram upgrade that build totals to a whopping 950 quid, whereas a pc i put together myself, which has better ram, gfx, hdd, case, mobo and cooler (pretty much everything to be honest), PLUS a 24" monitor was only 950 quid. their builds are good and come nicely put together but you do pay at least an extra 200 or so pounds for that privilege.

if you don't mind making your own you will get a superior pc that you would never be able to afford if it was pre-assembled, plus you can shop around for parts on different sites to get the best deals overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Figure out shipping from USA -> Europe and I'll build it for you and ship it there
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Figure out shipping from USA -> Europe and I'll build it for you and ship it there
    DHL USA to UK service up to 25kg - from £105.99

Just get Novatech to build whatever system you want from scratch for you, Enjoy the free lifetime tech support and 2 years warrenty ontop/seperate of the individual components.

Totally seperate question, if you build and test it, will it even work here without needing a new PSU? Remember UK runs on 240V(230V at the wall) whereas the USA runs on 110V(? at the wall)
    I remember playing with that 110V / 240V switch on the back of a couple of PSU's all that happened was a loud pop and some smoke... resulting in a couple of dead PSU's and fried motherboards....
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-06-14 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    *scratches chin* Really now? Would you do this for single parts, just ship over the atlantics as well? :3
    &nbsp;