10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood english dub

hi, does anyone know whether or not episode 53-64 already exist in dubbed version ?
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

I don't believe they've released the finished dubbed version yet. Watched the series like 20 times, Though I liked the Japanese version, with subs of course way more than the dubbed version. That's just my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by AckBrak; 2011-06-14 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i started watching them in the dubbed version and have seen the series until episode 52 but i cant find the next episodes dubbed, and its quite strange to switch in the middle of a series from english to japanese
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

Yeah, I know what you mean. I watched it in Japanese first. Then English a second time up until episode like 40 when that was the latest dub episode. Though I must say, FMA's dub is one of the best English dubs out there, in my opinion anyway.

I want this answer as well
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

Not yet and I've been looking. I think that the 3rd Blueray of the series will be out...technically now but they seem to have pushed it back. My husband has them preordered.

But I prefer the English dub, rare for anime

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I'm sorry to steal your thread, but if I were to start watching, would you guys suggest Full Metal Alchemist, or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood?
    Watch Full Metal Alchemist first, then Brotherhood.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by AckBrak View Post
    I don't believe they've released the dubbed version yet. Watched the series like 20 times, Though I liked the Japanese version, with subs of course way more than the dubbed version. That's just my opinion anyway.
    I see a lot of people say this. Why would you like the one where you have to read, missing out on the actual animation art / action, vs a dubbed version?

15+ Year Old Account
    They can't release any new dubbed episodes until Adult Swim airs the dubbed episodes first

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think you're doing yourself harm watching anime dubbed to english, the japanese versions just feel so much better.

Most recently I watched evangelion 2.0 in japanese and tried to watch the englished dubbed version but it just doesnt seem right.

The FMA dubs are done well, but overall I'll take the japanese with subs.
    Last edited by lunawolves; 2011-06-14 at 07:39 PM.

I'm sorry to steal your thread, but if I were to start watching, would you guys suggest Full Metal Alchemist, or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood?
    Brotherhood first, in my opinion.

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    I see a lot of people say this. Why would you like the one where you have to read, missing out on the actual animation art / action, vs a dubbed version?
    Well, the subbed lines are usually short and I'm quick to read. There are times though when the sub can get a bit long. And I was opposed to watching sub before for that reason, but all in all, you don't miss on too much, if anything at all.

It really dosen't matter, since they are the same storyline (at the begining at least) with an other outcome.
    But if i had choose, i would go with the original one. Cuz you will learn more about the main characters past.

Also, dont watch animes with dub... kittens are dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post

Also, dont watch animes with dub... kittens are dying.
    I agree. American versions are censored or just missing episodes.

I ONLY watch dubbed..the Japanese and the subtitles ruin it for me...perhaps I will watch after I see the last episodes in english
    Hi Sephurik