Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What would you consider a moderate and high clock?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moderate is 4.3-4.6, high is 4.61-5.1, extreme is 5.11+
    (As defined by me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Radiss View Post
    If I were to overclock a 2500k, what after-market heatsink would you reccomend?
    I still maintain that the upgrade from i5-760 to a i5-2500K is a pure waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I still maintain that the upgrade from i5-760 to a i5-2500K is a pure waste of money.
    Care to explain? I want more out of my computer.

Care to explain? I want more out of my computer.
    Overclock your current computer then. If you are bogged down to 20-30FPS while frapsing, the issue is not your CPU.
    You're either FRAPSing to the same HDD as your Wow-client lies on, or you're having defunct addons. Either that, or I underestimate just how taxing fraps is on a non-underclocked CPU.

I suffer, but not so much, to performance when I FRAPS (well, technically, I don't use FRAPS, I use other programs) in TolBarad and in 40m-BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Overclock your current computer then. If you are bogged down to 20-30FPS while frapsing, the issue is not your CPU.
    You're either FRAPSing to the same HDD as your Wow-client lies on, or you're having defunct addons. Either that, or I underestimate just how taxing fraps is on a non-underclocked CPU.

I suffer, but not so much, to performance when I FRAPS (well, technically, I don't use FRAPS, I use other programs) in TolBarad and in 40m-BGs.
    It takes virtually no processor strength, as it doesn't compress your video as it saves it.

You didn't read clear enough, I get 20-30 WITHOUT fraps in raid.

You didn't read clear enough, I get 20-30 WITHOUT fraps in raid.
    That's not your CPUs fault then. I blame addons. But upgrading your CPU just to keep getting bogged by addons would be a good idea, so I'll leave you to it.
    But I have the same CPU as you do (albeit moderately overclocked), and I can FRAPS with 55fps, in intense situations. Of course, I don't use addons, but hey.

What are you settings on then? And if you never use addons how do you know then?

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you settings on then? And if you never use addons how do you know then?
    Press Control R sometime in game...

I didn't say I never use them, I said that I don't use them. :P I think I'm using EasyMail as the only addon atm. PowerAuras, InterruptBar, LoseControl and Mik'sScrollingBattleText both broke on me in the patch. And Gladius doesn't seem to work at all.

Settings? 1920x1080, full ultra except shadows (simply because I don't like them, but I could handle full ultra if I weren't recording, in the smaller BGs with 60+).

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Press Control R sometime in game...
    I was asking if he never used addons, how would he know considering you couldn't know if you had never tested it -.-. Don't play shit with me, I know what I'm trying to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was asking if he never used addons, how would he know considering you couldn't know if you had never tested it -.-. Don't play shit with me, I know what I'm trying to ask.
    I'm not playing shit with you. You seem completely adamant that your perfectly good processor is a piece of shit.