Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If you like to waste money on things, sure. Go with an offbrand though, half the price for the same product.

Quote Originally Posted by iMax View Post

3) It's already been proven that the iPad is THE best tablet on the market.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/05/ipad-2-tops-consumer-reports-tablet-ratings/
    Linking macrumors.com to prove a point about macs? gee, that may not be biased in anyway. Even if it is just a report of another report, a quick glance at the comments alone (specifically : "Last year Macrumors posters told me in no uncertain terms that CR is always wrong.") makes me.. uh, not want to use that as an unbiased report.

For what it's worth, I'd buy an iPad if I weren't a poor college student... and AT&T's data plans weren't atrocious.

Good laptops are very cheap now and do more than iPads (which are much more expensive), seems like a no brainer to me. Only get the iPad if you really like Apple products, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midean View Post
    Linking macrumors.com to prove a point about macs? gee, that may not be biased in anyway. Even if it is just a report of another report, a quick glance at the comments alone (specifically : "Last year Macrumors posters told me in no uncertain terms that CR is always wrong.") makes me.. uh, not want to use that as an unbiased report.
    Yes, it's posted on macrumors, an apple-friendly site. However, the report was not made by macrumors. There are many different reports, I just linked one of them. Feel free to read around!

and AT&T's data plans weren't atrocious.
    iPad is also available in a wi-fi only model, which does not require a data plan. Also the 3G model is available for Verizon as well, and they have more data options that vary in price.

10+ Year Old Account
    were does everyone get this idea that the ipad is expensive, it's not, $500 is not expensive when you are comparing to to a laptop, a good netbook is about the same, a good full size laptop is about $1000

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Says your magic timemachine or what? Apple has given no such info, they didn't even release anything about an upcomming iPhone so stop spreading misinformation.
    Ipad 3 will be out in less than 2 years from now guaranteed, let's be serious about this. Apple updates their products on an almost yearly basis at this rate, and they have to because of how fast technology gets outdated and their lack of customizability.

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 02:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    were does everyone get this idea that the ipad is expensive, it's not, $500 is not expensive when you are comparing to to a laptop, a good netbook is about the same, a good full size laptop is about $1000
    my laptop was bought for 600 dollars. I can run WoW on high graphics at almost 50 fps, and i run sc2 at 50 fps. My laptop blows the ipad out of the water in term of performance, ability, and memory. not sure why you need a 1000 dollar laptop unlses you want to play games that you already cant play on an ipad.

if i remember though the ipad is the complete opposite of the macbook in terms of affordability and value. It's actually one of the cheaper and arguably the best tablets out there, and people spewing hate on apple is useless and pathetic, so stop please you sound like fanboys if i've ever heard one. Not buying a product because it has crap value is reasonable, not buying a product because of a company name despite many reveiws describing how great it is, is irrational and stupid. that being said laptop > tablet.
    Last edited by xile; 2011-06-16 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Yes, really. You stick to a standard and it's not your problem someone is using a non-standard's compliant browser. If your boss decided to create a custom website just because one customer uses IE6 he should be fired too. He should have either told the idiots to upgrade to a browser that is not only standards compliant but also not riddles with security holes, or just dropped them since on the long run clueless customers like that will bleed you dry. Also, lulz @ you for thinking CSS is programming.
    You aren't a professional web developer, are you?
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so