Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolterribads View Post
    There hasn't been any choice in how you PvP since ratings came into the game as opposed to rank grinding. They are offering a larger incentive for those who run RBG because it takes more work to get a team together for it, and for some people takes more work to co-ordinate said team. It's kind of like saying they are "forcing" people to run 10/25 mans instead of running r-heroics if they want to get valor points. They get more in the raids, but they can still get a fair amount without stepping outside of a 5 man which works for people.
    Their idea of RBG failed so far (simply not enough people are doing it), so yes something had to be done but they should've changed it so people actually WANT to play it more rather than "forcing" them like now. Right now they're just making RBG more rewarding than arena which shouldn't happen. (it already was due to the fact that anyone with <1500 arena experience or not even the skill to break it could get 2.2k weapons from RBG this season).

This change just shows that Blizzard doesn't want to admit that S9 RBG was a failure, and they try to "fix" it this way. But well, it's not going to help. More people WILL play it, but it's not going to be any less faceroll and the system is still going to be flawed.

Anyway, this isn't what the topic was supposed to be about, so let's stop discussing it here and do it in the topics that have been made regarding this change instead.

if you are just picking up id suggest playing a LOT of arenas. not bgs, not rbgs, not duels, just arenas - whichever bracket you like, if possible - all of them! becoming good in arenas is easy, you just need to spend lots of time to see what other comps do, and from there on u can pickup info on forums/ask top players/watch videos, etc. friend of mine was pretty stuck back in s5 playing a rogue, now he's getting glad s9 from 3v3, so its all bout practise and some research!

also im almost sure almost no holy paladin interrupts at lower ratings, dunno what that 70% stat was.

dont give up, keep queueing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    also im almost sure almost no holy paladin interrupts at lower ratings, dunno what that 70% stat was.
    This. I barely ever saw any Holy Paladin below 2k mmr interrupt. In fact, my Holy Pala teammate didn't use it till we were at a 2050+ mmr.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I started doing arenas on my Holy Pally, I found that most other healers had a fetish of standing next to me. It was very kind of them to let me Rebuke and HoJ without moving.

You should hear how often I rage in PvP and PvE about how Healadins never use their interrupt and most of the Priest community would kill for it and use it properly. Smiley face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    You should hear how often I rage in PvP and PvE about how Healadins never use their interrupt and most of the Priest community would kill for it and use it properly. Smiley face.
    QFT 10chars

Deleted
    Im stuck at 2195 / 2190 rating

>.<

We got 2197 and start lose then win lose win lol

A lot of people have already posted quite a few things on how to improve your gameplay for your own character, but I'll try a different approach.

On your rating and higher up the ladder, positioning and movement will play a huge roll.

Just recently I started playing together with a warrior and we were stuck at 1500-1600, while each of us indivudally is a 2k+ player. The problem was very clear:
    Our positioning and how we moved in relation to eachother sucked.

Lets say your playing on Blade's Edge - You're facing a Frost Mage/Shadowpriest team.
    As a healer, I always want to play in a position that's comfortable for me - where I have an option to LoS CC, move in and out for quick heals and CC of my own and avoid to get opened on myself.

My warrior on the other hand wasn't very picky about where he fought so he just charged in headfirst, often meeting the enemy team in the middle of the bridge - far away from any pillars and prone to every CC imaginable.
    So as soon as I vocalized my problems and yelled at my warrior to jump down, he jumped down to one side, I jumped down the other. We tried to meet up again, where I would move around one side of the pillar, while he moved around in the exact opposite direction, so we kept LoSing eachother.

It's problems like those that lost us most games - being too cocky to care and then fuck up when things started to go south.

How to work on that?
    Practice - a lot. Convert your group into a raid and put up marks so you can more easily spot eachother in the heat of battle.
    It will take you ~100-200 games and you won't need the marks anymore, because at any given time you are able to tell exactly where your partner is, because you've studied eachother's movement to a point where you just KNOW what the other one is doing.

Still, communication is key. Your teammate needs to know what's happening to you.
    "I'm sheeped full, no trinket, be careful."
    When your teammate is dropping low, but you are sure that you can safely heal him back up. "I got you, don't pop CDs"
    Set up CC chains "Going to HoJ the pala, put him into a fear afterwards."
    "DK is raping me, peel please, now!" or "Just stick to the priest, I can handle the DK, gonna pull him away so he can't peel."

It's these "little" things that will win you games once you are already playing your own character fairly well.