VP Accumulation in 4.2

The current PTR patch indicates the weekly cap for VPs is 980. Does this mean that no matter what heroic dungeon or raid boss I complete that I never get more than 980 VPs?

For example, if I run 7 Zandalari dungeons on Wednesday to receive 980 VPs. Then on Thursday I run BH to down both bosses there. Will I receive VPs for the BH bosses? What if I were to down a Firelands raid boss on Friday after that?

Thanks!

There is a cap of 980 VP/week so once you reach the cap you will indeed earn no more VP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    There is a cap of 980 VP/week so once you reach the cap you will indeed earn no more VP.
    This guy has it.

I would think that is correct.
    you Would be capped at a flat 980 per week, no matter what source.
    I think that blizzard assumes that people will clear full bot/bwd untill their raid has enough experience/valor to go into firelands. this would make the players not need to run anymore painful zandalari heroics, as they would now be able to get the gear the were missing due to not being able to down bosses.(thank god cuz we are stuck on nef and council in regs) i also doubt that occulthar will be pugable in the first week or 2.

thats the way i see it.

pm me!

Ummmm is the cap still 980 though? I'm confused by the way they upped the points for 25 mans, front page says you can earn 1120 VP from Firelands bosses + BH? Would 10 man raiders be able to make up the difference by running a Zandalari?

Quote Originally Posted by snarkysnark View Post
    Ummmm is the cap still 980 though? I'm confused by the way they upped the points for 25 mans, front page says you can earn 1120 VP from Firelands bosses + BH? Would 10 man raiders be able to make up the difference by running a Zandalari?
    The cap is still 980. The 1120 for 25 mans just means that is the total worth of all the new bosses, meaning you don't have to do them all to cap out for the week. Just like there is a total worth of 1470VP for heroic (including ZA/ZG) dungeons for any given week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    The cap is still 980. The 1120 for 25 mans just means that is the total worth of all the new bosses, meaning you don't have to do them all to cap out for the week. Just like there is a total worth of 1470VP for heroic (including ZA/ZG) dungeons for any given week.
    Ahhhh okay, sweet, thanks so much.