Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What if the next legendary is a totem?

From what we've seen about following in the footsteps of Thrall and stuff, I had an idea:
    What if the next legendary item was a totem of some sort, which provided a raid-wide buff rather than just improving one player?

I'm thinking this could probably happen, but what are your opinions?
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-06-16 at 11:54 AM.

That's an original idea, however the amount of whining it would generate would flood Blizzard HQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    A legendary totem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Deleted
    yes ,in terms of rp there is something normal ,i think .Moreover quite charming.i don t play chaman but that woulb be profitable for the whole raid so the whining would be unavailable.

Deleted
    I'll leave this thread open, but I have alternated the text in your original post to point out that this is a discussion thread about a theory/idea you would like to hear people's opinion on. Please do NOT present something as fact if it is not.

Deleted
    ok ,i don't use so much forum ,and didn't know about the formality,fair enough .

If they made it as an trinket then it sounds awesome, with no defined stats, but always piced your highest primary stat (stam, int, str, agi) and there was an on-use effect popping a totem with some buff, that imo sounds like a very good idea..
    It could be all raid buffs in one totem "Strenght of Thrall" ;D

But something shaman only, will never happen!

10+ Year Old Account
    They've already said the next legendary will be something that'll only appeal to a very small group so I doubt it'd be anything raid wide like that.

It would be nice though to have something like that though.

while Blizzard stated recently that the next Legendary will have a more Niche appeal, I doubt they'd make a legendary for a single class.

I believe the next legendary will be an Agility Weapon, but that's just my guess.

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

Deleted
    I love the idea. The fact that you give an awesome item to one player is like "dont worry, just wait two more years and you ll get one too !"

This is actually original but I just don't see how it could work. Legendaries always have major lore and events behind them and I just don't see where a totem could fit that. Also the shitstorm this would cause wouldn't be worth it to Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatseeker View Post
    From what we've seen about following in the footsteps of Thrall and stuff, I had an idea:
    What if the next legendary item was a totem of some sort, which provided a raid-wide buff rather than just improving one player?

I'm thinking this could probably happen, but what are your opinions?
    How would it be implemented?

I like the idea of a "Guild Legendary", where you had to collect mats and defeat bosses and build up the power of the totem through a group effort. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Not sure if that was what you had in mind.

You should post your idea on the official WoW forums.
    Last edited by Joyride; 2011-06-16 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    They've already said the next legendary will be something that'll only appeal to a very small group so I doubt it'd be anything raid wide like that.

It would be nice though to have something like that though.
    "appeal to a small group" as in "can only be worn/used by a small group". it doesnt say anything about its effect on the raid though and I think a raidwide-buff by a new legendary item sounds interesting but will probably too overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluasen View Post
    But something shaman only, will never happen!
    why not? as I already quoted above, the appeal to which classes can use the next legendary will be narrow. I definitely wouldnt rule it out and in fact a legendary totem sounds quite intriguing and I dont even have a shaman.

since there are 3 specs for shamans maybe the legendary raid buff that the creator of this thread was talking about could affect only melees if the carrier of said legendary was an enhancer shaman or would affect caster/range and/or heal with the other 2 specs. the options here are quite nice :>

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be a nice idea as it would mean each person in the raid is rewarded for the effort of the guild rather than just one person getting all of the rewards :P
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-06-16 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was a raid buff it'd appeal to everyone I'd imagine and not be phrased like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that i mean to seem.. odd, but, did you copy paste this from somewhere?
    Just having a look at the grammar differences in your latter posts make me wonder; in comparison with your original.

I do, on the other hand think it would be a rather good implementation, if something like this were to happen. Although i do think it would be alot better if the totem was bound to guild, as we've all seen it before people taking legendarys and running along to somewhere different. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    If it was a raid buff it'd appeal to everyone I'd imagine and not be phrased like that.
    no, because the buff might appeal to one class more than it would to another. what if the raidbuff were like a 500 extra spelldmg for every single one in the raid. casters would get a kick out of that while melees and tanks wouldnt benefit so much from it.

even if you take a stat like stamina which everyone in the raid benefits from, it would appeal way more to tanks than say hunters or dks.

Another idea along the lines of empowering your totem is a series of weekly dungeons quests similar to what was implemented in ICC.

Residue Rendezvous
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24878
    Blood Quickening
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24879
    Respite for a Tormented Soul
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24880

Deleted
    Relic Slot with a buff to everyone within 100 yards? Buff would be hard to figure out what to be though, we (Us, the players) wouldn't want to make one player always keep the same Relic on, regardless of personal upgrade, if the buff is too powerful.