Poll: More pointless achievements added to the game?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    We need more pointless achievements in the game
    Such as:
    To All the Squirrels Who Cared for Me
    Cataclysmically Delicious
    You'll Feel Right as Rain
    Rapid Defense
    Frostbitten

etc etc.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    just because you have hard time getting achivements dosn't mean they are for bad players, it's actly the oppisite
    maybe you start with reading next time.

"ps" edit:
    i have nothing against challenges. i only do "hard" content in wow. i skip child's week achievements & co. what do you do?
    Last edited by brirrspliff; 2011-06-16 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    I think I would stop playing if it wasn't for those Achivements Atleast there is something challenging to do when you're not PvPing or Raidin'
    This. so much this!

Yeah, I agree with the OP; Pointless meaning fun, and not "raiding achievements" for bad-ass boasting rights. e.g. "I killed the Nefarian with a fishing pole in 25-man" More fun things like the minefield, and trampoline ones. Or even goofy ones that you'd get by accident, like the falling ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanElf View Post
    Yeah, I agree with the OP; Pointless meaning fun, and not "raiding achievements" for bad-ass boasting rights. e.g. "I killed the Nefarian with a fishing pole in 25-man" More fun things like the minefield, and trampoline ones. Or even goofy ones that you'd get by accident, like the falling ones.
    Thank you kind sir! - This is EXACTLY what i am talking about

I tend to love achievements, but I think we have a decent balance atm. I agree that they all have their place and I've enjoyed doing most of the "pointless" ones in the past, but I don't necessarily want to be overwhelmed with ones that require a ridiculous amount of time invested for a non-Feat of Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    i only do "hard" content in wow. i skip child's week achievements
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    maybe you start with reading next time.

"ps" edit:
    i have nothing against challenges. i only do "hard" content in wow. i skip child's week achievements & co. what do you do?
    I do both, hard content and random achievements. Nobody said you can't do both.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    It was funny the first time but you're kind of overusing this pic to the point that I won't be surprised if you get banned. (Dunno if you're actually the same person that posted this pic in 2-3+ other threads, sorry if you're not, but if you are, :/ )

Deleted
    Boring grindy achievements.. no thanks.. more achievements like Mine Wweeper or Bounce, hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    It was funny the first time but you're kind of overusing this pic to the point that I won't be surprised if you get banned. (Dunno if you're actually the same person that posted this pic in 2-3+ other threads, sorry if you're not, but if you are, :/ )
    I'm pretty confident this is the first time I've posted this pic. Maybe second, if I posted it a couple weeks back.

Why would someone get banned for posting something appropriate?

But thanks for fake GMing when you don't even know if the person in question is the one you're thinking of.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'm pretty confident this is the first time I've posted this pic. Maybe second, if I posted it a couple weeks back.

Why would someone get banned for posting something appropriate?

But thanks for fake GMing when you don't even know if the person in question is the one you're thinking of.
    Because it's just a picture, no actual discussion/contribution. I remember a few months ago, maybe a year, there was a banning spree on people who kept doing that because it made these forums more like /b/ and less like actual discussion.

At least add some text and not just the picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    Boring grindy achievements.. no thanks.. more achievements like Mine Wweeper or Bounce, hell yeah!
    Indeed, maybe more first aid achievements aswell, where you do something speciel with the bandages

Because it's just a picture, no actual discussion/contribution. I remember a few months ago, maybe a year, there was a banning spree on people who kept doing that because it made these forums more like /b/ and less like actual discussion.

At least add some text and not just the picture.
    There is text. Are you advocating redundancy while pretending to be a Moderator?

There is text. Are you advocating redundancy while pretending to be a Moderator?
    Not pretending to be a moderator, just sick of seeing the same picture being thrown around on MMO-Champ tonight. Do you ever want to actually participate in the thread or what?

I like the idea of more raremob achievements for cata zones and the old world. More single players stuff coming with firelands, looks fine.

They should stop making raid achievements about anything else but nice and clean execution it's stupid to talk 10/25 people into doing stuff which would be stupid otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw man I saw the title and thought it was a topic about the most pointless achievements in game.

Was gonna say the "Going Down?" Achievement.

I wish you had a 4th option on your poll, "Meh if they come I do them.".

*EDIT*
    Failure at counting :x
    Last edited by FearXI; 2011-06-16 at 04:33 PM.

Not pretending to be a moderator, just sick of seeing the same picture being thrown around on MMO-Champ tonight. Do you ever want to actually participate in the thread or what?
    So not only did you confuse me with someone else, you didn't read my earlier posts in the thread?

Am I being trolled?
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2011-06-16 at 04:25 PM. Reason: posts not post

There should be an achievement for getting all the achievements.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    Aw man I saw the title and thought it was a topic about the most pointless achievements in game.

Was gonna say the "Going Down?" Achievement.

I wish you had a 3rd option on your poll, "Meh if they come I do them.".
    Sorry to disappoint you

Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    There should be an achievement for getting all the achievements.
    Well, there's the FoS "Over 9000!"

But if the achievement was for getting all the achievements ... could you ever get the achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Pönski View Post
    Achievement for killing all the Rare Mobs in game, like those you find in STV and Tirisfal Glades.. There are like 100+ of them but it would be awesome!
    easy mode
    10chars
    Omegasupreme - Memento Mori - Frostmane-EU wowprogress