Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New BF3(PC) Screenshots

I feel sorry for consoles..just a little....
    http://www.zonared.com/pc/juegos/bat...ld-3/imagenes/

Dirty console gaming peasants, bow to the Glorious PC Master Race!

The fact that DICE (EA) is developing the game for PC first, then scaling the engine down for consoles (rather the the other way around, which is what pretty much every other game does) makes me actually want to get the game. Not a huge BF fan but that one fact alone makes me want to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

The fact that DICE (EA) is developing the game for PC first, then scaling the engine down for consoles (rather the the other way around, which is what pretty much every other game does) makes me actually want to get the game. Not a huge BF fan but that one fact alone makes me want to support it.
    I'm a huge BF fan and used to be a huge CoD fan and yes I agree with all you said. This is the way it should always be done.

PC will always look better than console even if it's a console port, but I shouldn't be limited to console ports when I play my PC games. I should be able to make my machine work hard when I play games on ultra settings.
    Last edited by Trippny; 2011-06-16 at 08:18 PM.

Really Looking forward to this game. Haven't played Xbox in ages, but this looks promising.

Those are all just screen captures taken of various already released videos

That said game is going to be great if they can make it play well (and every BF thus far hasn't failed in my oppinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    Really Looking forward to this game. Haven't played Xbox in ages, but this looks promising.
    These are PC screen shots with DirectX11...so don't get your hopes up. The Xbox version will probably look like Black Ops, maybe a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Those are all just screen captures taken of various already released videos

That said game is going to be great if they can make it play well (and every BF thus far hasn't failed in my oppinion).
    Yes but in the videos you didn't get to see the detail, mainly because it was usually on CrapTube or at E3. The videos don't compare to these SS's at all imo.

http://www.zonared.com/images/captur...tlefield-3.jpg
    This is a picture of a video game, as in an interactive piece of software that you do interactive things to. This is not a fantasy mockup of this hypothetical game, this is a real thing and it is coming.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for this game!!! BF3-Paris & tank trails are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    http://www.zonared.com/images/captur...tlefield-3.jpg
    This is a picture of a video game, as in an interactive piece of software that you do interactive things to. This is not a fantasy mockup of this hypothetical game, this is a real thing and it is coming.
    Yea..I have a feeling many many kids that think they will be playing this on PC will be upset when it doesn't look like this on their Athlon x2's and HD 5770's.

Better start saving your lunch money for upgrades..

I bought 2 6950's(upgraded from 2 5770's) just for this game. Can't wait.

We are approaching the point where video games look completely real guys, this is serious.
    I accidentally my signature

There's a video up on youtube of some of the in-game footage. Looks unreal O_o

I think the game will be very well optimized. I have 2X GTX 460s overclocked and I'm confident in DICE's abilities to optimize the game well.

That seriously looks like the best looking game ever made.

Looks like i have some new backgrounds.
    O and according to the Patrick the executive producer of DICE
    the computer that will be able to run BF3 on Full settings has yet to be Built.
    source is a magazine but heres a thread about it

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

I agree. Nearly only on that fact that they develop with the powerful PC as a first priority and then optimize it for the consoles as well rather than just aiming for consoles first and the port it to PC for extra cash just shows how much DICE really develops with their customers at first hand. A prime example is Crytek. I really fucking loved Crysis one because it was so revolutionizing on the graphic end, and was developed for PC's. But then they made the second one with consoles in mind first streamlining the suit and what shit not. And it turned out to be major shit for the PC, just because they were aiming at consoles in the first place with money in mind and then PC gamers, which who brought Crysis the enormous recognition that they got because of graphics that consoles couldn't handle, which pissed of the PC market so much that they pretty much ditched the game and it went by nearly unnoticed.

Battlefield 3 will probably be a major success this year and PC gamer will get something to frown upon rather than playing dull games or worse, console ports. If they keep going with satisfying everyone from the beginning they will go a long way with the Battlefield series.
    I want to get the feeling of a really powerful machine were you can see the graphical difference between PC and console by a great difference. I basically buy a 1300-1600 US$ computer every two years to play games on very high, mostly highest with good FPS rate. So I've spent around 4200 US$ the last six years playing games on as good graphic level as possible. And developers still aim towards firstly doing games with console friendly graphics. Consoles that are six years old that costed 400US$, a tenth of what I spend... That's simply pathetic. And this is the true reason why I love DICE for making this move. The gaming industry is bigger than the movie industry. It's one of the biggest industries in the world. And they develop with six years old machines in mind. DICE, I salute you!
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Looks like i have some new backgrounds.
    O and according to the Patrick the executive producer of DICE

source is a magazine but heres a thread about it
    That's a little terrifying. Not even Crysis in its heyday of development made a boast like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trippny View Post
    These are PC screen shots with DirectX11...so don't get your hopes up. The Xbox version will probably look like Black Ops, maybe a little better.

Yes but in the videos you didn't get to see the detail, mainly because it was usually on CrapTube or at E3. The videos don't compare to these SS's at all imo.
    Can't really call them new then.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That's a little terrifying. Not even Crysis in its heyday of development made a boast like that.
    I assume they mean every single possible setting at max and having 120fps static.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Can't really call them new then.
    Sure I can..these are NEW SCREENSHOTS...not new video clips...

Please watch the video demos and tell me if you see this detail that you see in these screenshots. It totally changes the perspective.

Deleted
    Oh gosh, look at the time!
    Time for a pc upgrade!

Seriously, those graphics are i-n-s-a-n-e.

Deleted
    Looks insane. Just amazing.