Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Screw mmos. Bring back the Warcraft rts.
    I also agree!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Can't we have both?
    Apparently not.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I would advocate a more grindy and hardcore WoW 2. If certain players fail at raids or are terrible at PvP then that is okay. They will envy/emulate those that put in the effort to improve and therefore the standard of the entire community will go up. Just because I'm not in Ensidia doesn't mean I hate the game. There are other things to do. Blizzard has the resources/expertise to develop a WoW 2(inb4 Titan) and if they make sure it has a high level of difficulty then it will gain a high level of success and also a loyal playerbase.
    No offense to you, but this is just ignorance. A great MMO would be able to do what WoW has done in allowing more people to access their end game content but perfecting it further, not take a huge step backwards in design and revert to the old MMO standards that were, to be perfectly honest, nothing more than things to keep you busy in the game. MMOs, including WoW, were previously designed to keep players in the game with such tasks that you mention and people confuse that as good design when it's not. Forcing players to do things they don't want to do is bad, and designing a game where people can do what they want and still get things accomplished while having fun goes a lot further.

Some of you who are stuck on this old MMO mindset need to realize this is the future of MMOs. No more ridiculous grinds, no more 'hard core' only content, and no more neglecting players who either don't have time or the skill to do certain things. Any MMO who falls into the old MMO standards is doomed to die over the course of the next 5 years as companies make more MMOs with the mindset that the standard MMO design was completely flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arearda View Post
    Classes boil down to three things: Tank, Damage, Healer.

No matter how many different classes you want, they will be one of these three things. In the end, they are either casters or melee or ranged of some kind.

And then have really laggy graphics because I can't afford the next generation computer? Blizzard is going to cater to its biggest fan-base, and that's mostly people who play on machines that are not top of the line. It's also one of the reasons they've remained so popular. You can still play WoW on a computer that isn't super leet.

I also enjoy the look of WoW as is. I think the "cartoony" graphics lend to the wonderful world Blizzard has created.

They are already unique. My Blood Elf and my Goblin do not make the same movements.

Hundreds upon hundreds...

Do you have any idea how long that would take to put out? You can customize characters without needing "hundreds" of different options. Slider bars are great to determine things like face width/height, body height etc.

Assuming this game did work out, the servers would be so full you would never get to play. Less servers means less room. I don't see where you're getting the idea that a bigger world would mean less servers.

It's not about graphics 100% of the time. it's also a TON of data transmission. And no matter how well your engine plays, your servers have to be able to hold up to the mass amount of people you'd be having crammed onto one server.

But they can't cater to everyone. Ever hear the term "you can't make everyone happy"? If it were that easy, I'm sure Blizzard would have tried hard enough by now. And if "not every dungeon was 100% bug free" you would get more complaints from the bugs. Then the servers would need to go down so maintenance could happen. EQ2 did something like this and lost a lot of people cause they got tired of dealing with laggy, not working stuff. Same with Warhammer online. Those fansites have helped me a lot in researching items or what I need to do. People look the the web for help when they are lost in a game. Eventually, everything will be explored and discovered. Why make it harder than it has to be?

And every fight boils down to "don't stand in the crap" or "click the object". What new, innovative ideas did you have in mind that are so different than what we already have?
    Dayam. /agree

Why would there be a WOW 2? This story is being told in WOW, It is set in a time line and story basis. There are meanings and stories behind those bosses your killing over and over. I suspect Blizzard will call this a masterpiece of games and move on to make other unique titles.

How do you describe a dying game. Some games are still alive with much smaller player bases and they are still not considered dead. I.E. Lineage 2 it has a smaller player base and community but people are still logging hours every day on this game. I would hardly call a small drop in WOW's subscription numbers a dead or dying game. With the economy the way it is people might just be too broke to activate their accounts or internet or other bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    I speculate:

There won't be a WoW 2, because WoW isn't dead yet.

You guys need to pull yourselves together.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    So blizz would just slap a 2 on the WoW boxes? Then force us to re-buy all the crap to make a new account on this "new" game that is the equivlent to them adding a new xpac? I could see them doing this...
    That's a slightly cynical way to look at it but generally, yes. The game could be repackaged with a bunch of fancy new features to attract everyone back, not to mention new players. Of course this will all have to be implemented properly for WoW 2 to have any major staying power.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    I speculate:

There won't be a WoW 2, because WoW isn't dead yet.

You guys need to pull yourselves together.
    It's also worth noting that if they were to make a sequel, it wouldn't be out for at least 5 years any way. Game development takes a long as time to do well.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    It's also worth noting that if they were to make a sequel, it wouldn't be out for at least 5 years any way. Game development takes a long as time to do well.
    But even if Blizzard didn't have any plans of making WoW 2 they would have some ground work laid and if they did then they would have probably a year or 2 worth of developing down. They are known to keep things quiet not to mention woW 2 would be a gold mine if WoW 1 subs continue dropping.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    People who complain about the graphics doesnt understand that blizzard doesnt WANT to make them better, they would loose ALOT of players it they upgraded it to much.
    ill correct this. "They would loose alot of their money if they upgraded it"

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    2. Next generation graphics engine.
    To be honest Wow currently looks like somehing a 5 year old drew in paint.
    I have to disagree with this.

On my system WoW looks amazing.

28" LCD
    GTX 480 and a GTX 260

Playing on Max settings with DX11 the game looks gorgeous.

MMOs >>>> Every other kind of game.
    Face it kids, the future lies with MMOs!

signed, can i haz WC4 plspls?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    That's an awful lot of wasted time you used making this thread. Sorry about that.
    THAT! Wall of wasted time...

i'm totally with you man...
    Also, DOTA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    People who complain about the graphics doesnt understand that blizzard doesnt WANT to make them better, they would loose ALOT of players it they upgraded it to much.
    Blizzard could give you an option for old models, is that a bad idea? What do you all think?

Harder content + less class balance = class-stacking raids again. No thanks.

WC4 plx

The only thing I could add though is about the claa role homogenisation. there are more roles to fill than basic Tank, Healer and DPS. For one, there is a 4th role that has been widely neglected from MMO's; Support. While some of the original 3 roles have some support built into them from other games, there is no pure support role. I suppose for WoW the closest classes that ever came to a support role were Paladins and Shaman.

You could quite happily split up the core classes to create quasi-roles. For example, you could create a buffer class from the healer role. A debuffer from the DPS role. Split up the tanking roles to things like a tank that purely mitigates damage being taken by his party, a tnak that actively forces monsters to attack him (current form of a tank) etc etc. I expect we'll see such a system in one of the upcomming MMO's as they attempt to burst through the wall and become the next generation of games of this genre..

Quote Originally Posted by TheEverydayDre View Post

there will be no wow 2... mmofps titan is the next big thing from blizz.
    Yes. Epic. Fuck Tobby!