Page 1 of 3
LastLast

GC on Selfless Healer buff

We made a slight buff to Selfless Healer. While we thought the old model was unbalanced and turned Ret into too much of a healing spec, we heard from a lot of players who liked the utility of being able to help heal somewhat. This talent should provide that trade-off in a more balanced way.
    So... they buffed selfless healer not to help our survivability (the buff to divine protection and the selfless healer damage increase (lulwut) helped that apparently) but because they want ret to still be able to heal somewhat... /wrist What a idiotic reason. I don't even mind the bloody buff... but to be buffed so we can HEAL BETTER!?! What rets do blizz listen to (or what do they hear in the first place). God damn, just when I though blizz was getting a bit of sense.

RAGE! I'ma go play Bulletstorm to get rid of some anger...
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

The whole class mechanics are screwed up... and you expect a coherent reason behind what the senseless changes they are making...

You need to reevaluate your expectations

It was a buff. A minor, much needed, but misplaced buff. I was expecting something about how even they can see ret has survivability issues, instead, they want us to heal more (or apparently we want to ...). The idiocy just astounds me at every turn.
    Last edited by t3hj0j0; 2011-06-17 at 06:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.

I don't think they even realize we have survivability issues compared to other melee. You missed the biggest blunder, however:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    We made Selfless Healer, Divine Protection, and Beacon of Light no longer dispellable so that paladins didn’t lose so much of their survivability in PvP to dispels.
    He literally said they made the Selfless Healer damage buff undispellable to help survivability. REALLY? Really? Really......... *stares off into space*

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    He literally said they made the Selfless Healer damage buff undispellable to help survivability. REALLY? Really? Really......... *stares off into space*
    ...I don't... ugh.

They were probably thinking that the damage bonus being dispellable helps you kill people faster. Then they remembered that Avenging Wrath is still dispellable, so they kinda forgot that Selfless Healer doesn't actually heal yourself?

What if Selfless Healer worked like a pseudo Beacon? You supercharge a heal on a partner, and get like 20/40% of the heal back to yourself? Doesn't help solo, but it still plays into the "You're a team-player" mantra of Paladins?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    ...I don't... ugh.
    Yeah, I know.

They were probably thinking that the damage bonus being dispellable helps you kill people faster. Then they remembered that Avenging Wrath is still dispellable, so they kinda forgot that Selfless Healer doesn't actually heal yourself?
    It's really stupid, but I hope they actually think Selfless Healer's damage buff helps survivability because if we can point out that mistake, maybe they'll actually buff Retribution's survivability! ... maybe.

What if Selfless Healer worked like a pseudo Beacon? You supercharge a heal on a partner, and get like 20/40% of the heal back to yourself? Doesn't help solo, but it still plays into the "You're a team-player" mantra of Paladins?
    Or it could give you a defensive buff, like 4-5% less damage taken per charge (number tweakable, of course). I wish they did something more. Something more than increasing Inquisition's duration by 20%.

Even if they changed Hand of Light to 7% a point in mastery Ret would still under-perform in damage in PvP.
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's really stupid, but I hope they actually think Selfless Healer's damage buff helps survivability because if we can point out that mistake, maybe they'll actually buff Retribution's survivability! ... maybe.

Or it could give you a defensive buff, like 4-5% less damage taken per charge (number tweakable, of course). I wish they did something more. Something more than increasing Inquisition's duration by 20%.
    Inquisition's duration should've been extended by Divine Storm hitting 3 targets, not the guaranteed Holy Power (on four). Defensive buff, Beacon style heal... or something. Hell, the increased healing from Sacred Shield also triggers the +heal from Selfless Healer to work on yourself.

Synergy, without inventing new mechanics.... but then it runs the risk of that "one man army" thing that Blizzard hates, and rightfully so. Survivability needs a buff, but it's a very fine line to walk.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Synergy, without inventing new mechanics.... but then it runs the risk of that "one man army" thing that Blizzard hates, and rightfully so. Survivability needs a buff, but it's a very fine line to walk.
    Hum... so what about DKs ?

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    come on, they can't do damage and selfhe-oh wait... You're right, damnit.I don't know who they listened to (for the "ret wants to heal" and also for "prot wants another cooldown to manage" LOL), but omg... Must not be the top players...

Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    They are nerfing Death Knight self healing next patch quite significantly for DPS specs with the change to Glyph of Dark Succor.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    you guys are surprised?

GC and his dev team when it come to make change on ret: *DERP*

Deleted
    GC should try and play a ret paladin for a few weeks...

10+ Year Old Account
    They're agaisnt the old model but they kept a bit of it because there's people that like it. That doesnt make any sense. If you dont like it get rid of it!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just wondering where they find Rets "who liked the utility of being able to help heal somewhat" ? We ask for a self heal only talent and they think we want a selfless healer buff ? They certainly have a lot of shit into their heads.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    come on, they can't do damage and selfhe-oh wait... You're right, damnit.I don't know who they listened to (for the "ret wants to heal" and also for "prot wants another cooldown to manage" LOL), but omg... Must not be the top players...
    im not sure about top players, but i know in 4.1 when they nerfed rets healing TONS of people cried for weeks.

we will just have to wait and see...at least your getting buffs, which is a better than the last few class changes, be happy they arnt flat out ignoring you/nerfing you (holy pals excluded...sorry, but you know it was due). maybe it will continue to look brighter for rets.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

Deleted
    Fixing something they broke last patch hardly constitutes as a Buff it should of been a hotfix, Ret pvp buff/nerf roundabout is fun yo, hey next patch they can nerf it again then it looks like they are doing something, maybe they can start testing stuff before they release it soon aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desminn View Post
    im not sure about top players, but i know in 4.1 when they nerfed rets healing TONS of people cried for weeks.

we will just have to wait and see...at least your getting buffs, which is a better than the last few class changes, be happy they arnt flat out ignoring you/nerfing you (holy pals excluded...sorry, but you know it was due). maybe it will continue to look brighter for rets.
    Well I only heard crying about how they destroyed retris survivability in pvp becouse of overpowered off-heals to friendly target. Everybody was swearing to blizz to nerf Selfless healer/ Zealotry+WoG and avoid putting WoG on CD.
    We all knew months ago that it will destroy our pvp viability becouse we couldnt survive against most of the classes without using our holypower for healing back.

Then Blizz came out with excuse that retris using too much holypower for healing. So they put CD on WoG. As we even had another choice in pvp. That was my first laugh considering the earlier post mentioning that we have healing in trade of no peels for the mates in arenas.

Now GC says because a lot of retris like the possibility healing somehow (lol as we only have another choices as before i pick up 3 HoPo I am under 1/2 of my HPs against most of the classes) they buffing selfless healer? Wall I can only laugh.

Nobody with clue was asking for selfless healer buff. It was exactly opposite. Players were asking for nerfing selfless healer but not destryoing our survivability patch ago. And what we do get?
    Nerf on self healing and patch after we are getting boost on selfless healer?
    OK!

Let's sue them!
    No, lets point out that most palys did NOT want to be able to heal others effectivly, they want to heal themselves. Theres a reason I put the "(or what do they hear in the first place)" part in my post.

I honestly think the Selfless Healer talent is a joke. There are better places to point points in. Even tho it is not dispellable, its a dps loss. It forces you to use your only un-interupptable heal in your rotation, but not on you but others. So we have 20 seconds (or is it supposed to lower the cd as well?) to survive until we can cast it on ourselves; but what if our partner is dying as well, or is already dead? Put points in eye for an eye or guardians favor.

Like i've posted in other forums, the only true survivability retribution paladins have right now is teaming with other strong dps'ers or healers. We no longer have the ability to solo most if not all classes, like warriors or death knights right now (and in some cases frost mages).