Deleted

This laptop! Please help me figure something out

I got accepted to this new school and im getting this laptop to use for 3 years. The specs look much better than i expected.
    i7 640M 2.8ghz.
    8GB 1333 RAM..... But a 32 bit OS? What the? Doh..
    But the thing is... Quadro FX 1800m GPU? Whats that like? Is it good for gaming? From what i read it has DX 10.1 atleast. So it should atleast be capable.
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2011-06-17 at 09:25 AM.

Quadro is the CAD line but should be perfectly acceptable for games. I know the 2000 is very good, not sure of the specs on the 1800. Basically the only drawback is you are paying extra if you are only using it for games.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 09:10 AM ----------

I found it, its ok but its a little low, definitely a few notches behind the 2000. I would see if you could at least get a Quadro 1000 or 3600.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...M.26544.0.html

Deleted
    Im not paying anything for this laptop. Im getting it for free use for 3 years and after that time i can probably buy it off for cheap.
    And thus i cannot try to change the specs of the laptop.

Its not only for games anyway Its going to be for 3D and video editing. Thats why they give you that kind of laptop in a school like the one im going to. Just was wondering if i can for example play some fps games and WoW on it. Atleast the CPU looks very good for WoW. Or even make the laptop my minecraft server slave.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 01:45 PM ----------

Screen is 15.6" so probably 1366x768