Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Seven Days Unplugged

Basically, it's 7 days without internet, phone, or any electronic communication.

Wondering if any of you think that you can do this or would you go insane?

I'm planning on trying it when I have a bit more free time (starting a website right now & can't disappear for a week).

I think it may be hard at first, but might open my eyes to new experiences.

I use the internet to communicate, I don't really know anyone IRL so yeah I probably wouldn't do it. It seems pointless to me anyway, what do you get to say afterwords? Hey, dude! I went 7 days without technology!

Sorry :P I know this probably wasn't what you were looking for but my situation is a bit hard to explain so I'll just say: yeah, I'll go insane.
    Last edited by Velyndina; 2011-06-18 at 08:05 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My jesus, I would likely go insane myself but it's do-able

Go outside etc technology doesn't have to exist in your life to make you sane ( I may be lying there! )

10+ Year Old Account
    iv gone almost a whole year w/o any TV but then again i have my DVDs for that. but if it was a bet to not use any electronics then id do it. but id NEVER do it just for the hell of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be very possible if you could use the telephone atleast (to make phonecalls and such)

Deleted
    apart from using a payphone to get my mate to pick me up on Jersey I had no phone or internet connection for one and a half weeks while on vacation last year and I can say this:

it's not hard. you got other things to do than spend any time online.
    the main reason we like hanging around the internet is because we have nothing better to do.

You could read walden while you are at it!
    "More pewpew less QQ"

This post was merely a setback!

lol, no problem. I'd just cook some stuff to impress IRL people (assuming I'm allowed to drive or walk to the grocery store?) and then once full we'd go all conspiracy theory on when the singularity is going to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailescape View Post
    Basically, it's 7 days without internet, phone, or any electronic communication.

Wondering if any of you think that you can do this or would you go insane?

I'm planning on trying it when I have a bit more free time (starting a website right now & can't disappear for a week).

I think it may be hard at first, but might open my eyes to new experiences.
    As of yet, I only have internet to communicate. So apparently I'm already half way there by default! Woohoo!

Any-way, I've already done it once for two weeks. Was relaxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me a couple of good books, and I wouldn't even notice those 7 days.

Now, take away ALL electricity, and I could still do it, but nights would suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine aha, less distractions.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    I use the internet to communicate, I don't really know anyone IRL so yeah I probably wouldn't do it. It seems pointless to me anyway, what do you get to say afterwords? Hey, dude! I went 7 days without technology!

Sorry :P I know this probably wasn't what you were looking for but my situation is a bit hard to explain so I'll just say: yeah, I'll go insane.
    Just think about all the things that we miss out on because of technology though. As gamers, we really don't leave the house much (be honest) & without technology we would be open to do different things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Now, take away ALL electricity, and I could still do it, but nights would suck.
    welcome to Sweden, where it's bright 24/7 summer time.

Meh, I don't have a phone, and haven't had one for months. And I've gone a week when the power was shut down on my old roommates, so I can swing the no electronics thing...

On that note, I'd like to one-up the thread: No computer, no TV, no phone, and no microwave. NOW let's see who can last the week.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    Thing is, why would I do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    i went 2 months without my computer. Which happened in the last 2 months gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    On that note, I'd like to one-up the thread: No computer, no TV, no phone, and no microwave. NOW let's see who can last the week.
    My gas stove still works right? If not, my gas grill? If not, at least my charcoal grill?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailescape View Post
    Just think about all the things that we miss out on because of technology though. As gamers, we really don't leave the house much (be honest) & without technology we would be open to do different things.
    I don't know about you but I only play games when I got nothing better to do, i.e I'd rather go on a killing spree in cod to pass that hour than go take a walk.
    that being said I stopped raiding in wow because I quite simply found that dedicating 4 hours 4 nights a week minimum was tearing into my social life too much.

and I don't even have a microwave Bane Falcon, it sounds to me like you should learn how to cook food if living without one is an issue.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i'd be fine. I've done way more than a week, though not by choice. So would most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to have a reason why I would go without technology for 7 days. If I did I would probably exercise a little more and put in more hours at work.
    Nothing is impossible