Poll: You can never quit WoW.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

You can never really quit WoW. (Poll)

Anyone else here notice that quitting WoW completely is like quitting smoking? I see there are 5 different "quitting" methods.

1. You quit for a few months, only to be out gorcery shopping and see a WoW and tell yourself, "Ill just see what changed" and then you're back. (Me)
    2. You quit, only to find yourself googling MMO-champion first thing when you open your browser.
    3. You quit, but you still partake in conversations with your friends about WoW like you still play. In reality, you still are in your mind.
    4. You quit, but after playing another MMO for a month you see that it sucks and you come right back to WoW. (Rift)
    5. You quit, it's not because you want to. It's because you ran out of gamecard time and are waiting for your paycheck to buy another.

Edit: Got rid of 6 because it was me raging about certain people (why i made this post) and causing others to rage.
    Last edited by MrWiki; 2011-06-17 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    I'd like to consider my "quit" as a pause. In the last year I haven't had much time to logon, but I have never cancelled my subscription. I consider that a pause!

On the number 6, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

10+ Year Old Account
    2-4 for me. Hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1519 View Post
    6. You quit, you don't play WoW anymore but you still play Rift or DCUO or LOTRO or WAR or SWG or EQ or AoC or any other MMO. So you never really quit WoW because you still spend as much time on another MMO.
    what is this I don't even

But yes, WoW is not some super-addictive drug, I've known a lot of people who quit with ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Imho, the only reason people quit WoW, is because its too time consuming, but then they go to a new MMO, where they spend just as much time. I see all these posts on OMG CONTENT SUCKS IM QUITTING, but we all know they don't really quit, or they reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    No no, I quit and started playing Guild Wars and Runescape again, obviously they are WoW clones (sarcasm).

Yes I'm still on the forums but the last 500 or so of my posts have been in the Off Topic section about Non-WoW related stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    not sure about 6...

This forum totally needs a "most stupid thread of the year" voting. I bet 5$ that this thread would have awesome chances to win the price.
    Seriously...point #6 alone is just so damn stupid that i don't even know what to say...
    Deal with it...

Imho, the only reason people quit WoW, is because its too time consuming, but then they go to a new MMO, where they spend just as much time. I see all these posts on OMG CONTENT SUCKS IM QUITTING, but we all know they don't really quit, or they reroll.
    Oh yeah? I know plenty of people who have quit without even looking back and i'm one of those. I have intention coming back even if Blizzard makes some super awesome-sauce features. It's just old. I still lurk here because I want to participate in quit threads and off-topic
    Last edited by Poppasan; 2011-06-17 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    1-5: I've been there

6: Meh...

Deleted
    I quit WoW, someone cast a Scroll of ressurection on me and paid a month for me, I checked it out. It's still the boring stuff. I move along. Not going to spend money on a game I do not enjoy playing

I think alot of people just play wow because they have alot of free time when that free time ends(they get a job and are no longer students) they quit for good.

Deleted
    Well, I like wow, so i have no reason to quit, and I've quit other games before, I used to be obsessed with Ogame. Worst game ever and yet I was waking up in the middle of the night because my fleet was coming in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha this one actually made me laugh out loud. I really get what you mean as this is exactly what happened to me several times. My subscription ended this wednesday and I really need to spend more time on school so I won't pay for another month or two. I'm definitely going to add another month or what to WoW this summer since I promised a friend to RaF with him and I'd like to keep my promises :P.

Overall I tried to quit for like 5 times, but eventually got back. From "f*ck it, I'm going to add another month, who cares anyway?" to "I have nothing else to do" (sad excuse to play WoW of course :P). It's sad but true (\,,/ Metallica \,,/).

Point 6 is a lil' bit strange tho xD.
    How do I live without the ones I love?
    Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned
    Place and time always on my mind
    I have so much to say, but you're so far away!
    R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, you'll be missed!

Deleted
    Imho, the only reason people quit WoW, is because its too time consuming, but then they go to a new MMO, where they spend just as much time.
    That's still quitting WoW in my book. As long as they don't come back to it.
    I see all these posts on OMG CONTENT SUCKS IM QUITTING, but we all know they don't really quit, or they reroll.
    We all know huh? WhatTheFuckAmIReading.jpg

OP if you are a troll, congrats 10/10. If not: Stop posting immediatly......please?

Tried to quit a few times usally after the content is done. this time (we only cleared normal but got bored again anyways) i managed a month then got a call from a freind telling me he had found a guild for us for fireland raids. reactivated my account yesterday, so yes youre right
    Last edited by petrik; 2011-06-17 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lot of friends who have quit - as in, stopped playing around BC and never came back. I've also had others that took breaks until a major interesting patch, etc. I never understood what the big deal with "quitting" was. Games get boring. New things come out. New hobbies. Just take a freakin' break, it'll be there waiting for you when you're ready to pick it up again.

Only game I can say I "quit" was FFXI, because they delete your darn character if you don't log in after a certain amount of time.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

it's just imagination. you can quit whenever you want. it's easy - you just have to WANT it. i think many people are just weak.

I've quit with reasons 2-5 before. I dont play WoW anymore though. There's a difference now, I dont want to play. I still enjoy monitoring the games 'progress' here though.