Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Of course, this scenario is incredibly likely.
    Sorry for the sarcasm, but I just see no point in using silver dragon because of mouseover/nameplate scan. The only moment where silverdragon could be useful if it has all IDs for every rare elite in the game (a thing that npcscan lacks), and you meet a rare while leveling a character.
    It does - or at least, it did during Wrath. I had many many many rare mobs pop up on SilverDragon while I was levelling a couple of Horde toons during the ToC period.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    It does - or at least, it did during Wrath. I had many many many rare mobs pop up on SilverDragon while I was levelling a couple of Horde toons during the ToC period.
    Npcscan also has all rares from BC and Wotlk, but I was talking about the classic rares. You run into a lot of them while leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Those are the ones I was referring to - rares in The Barrens, Stonetalon, etc. I levelled two toons from 1-80 during Wrath while using SD, and it picked up many many many rares through the whole course. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Those are the ones I was referring to - rares in The Barrens, Stonetalon, etc. I levelled two toons from 1-80 during Wrath while using SD, and it picked up many many many rares through the whole course. :P
    Exactly why I raised the question.
    In my personal experience (having used only SilverDragon), SilverDragon appears to pick up everything. Which is what led me to wonder why so many recommended _NPCScan, and no one (from what I've seen) recommended SilverDragon.

I suspected there really wasn't a lot of difference between them, it would seem odd to me if there was, and indeed it seems there isn't. They both pick up everything in pretty much the same way, with the same kind of warning system.

10+ Year Old Account
    i currently just use both for perhaps a better chance of getting a good rare, but both seem to work well, silverdragon is updated with every rare in wow and picks up rare multiple times and is easy to use, they arent perfect but _NPCScan seems to be a bit less successful in my experience in which i was right on top of a rare and only my silverdragon ever goes off. IE. Amka'hat, armagdillo, Mysterious Camel Figurine, etc... all of these and more usually the only one to go off for me is silverdragon, i just keep NPCScan as a safety net :P

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 01:18 PM ----------

Personally i think Silverdragon is a less known addon otherwise not so many ppl would be using _NPCScan if they knew how crappy it was. But ppl have their reasons
    Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!*Gundam Wing (Duo)*