Deleted

Question Is Disc/Ret viable?

So me and my just got back to wow again, and were thinking about the arenas. Now we dont got much to choose from, its either him doing his elemental or ret. My guesses are that elemental is not going to put enough pressure, as a ret could do.

Have anyone ever done this? Were not aiming high rating, just for the lulz, but its always fun to have some progress.

Yea, I played this comp for a while... It's a bit of a pain to play to be honest, as Rets have very little peel, but there is still potential to get to 2K+ with some practice and coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I love BGs like a fucking awesome person loves fucking fighter jets, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm personally disappointed that for a game called World of Warcraft there is a distinct lack of sailing interactivity. There's two types of seaworthy vessels right there in the game's name, but the various ships all take predetermined paths or don't move at all!

with the old WOG it was just hilarious, your priest was basically just burning mana the whole time with the ret doing all the healing. right now, id rather go with a resto shaman for better cc/control.

It is viable, but dont expect 2.2k+, as, while it's viable, it is somewhat subpar compared to other comps.

But, ret/disc could work well in 3v3 with another added in there, either go the melee cleave route of adding a war/dk in there, or go another route (Im sure a fair few classes would work decently here).

I dont see how it could be viable now with the current state of 2s. Ret would get peeled away from any healer against Healer/DPS teams and the lack of snares will make it like walking a dog. The redic amounts of Warriors and DKs just add to Rets weakness, along with how you can dispel their damage (Meaning Rshams are, even here, redic strong against them)

But hey, if others have experienced otherwise maybe theorycrafting just doesn't work on this one.

Upsides - If you go against a team that can't dispel your ret may be able to rip through someone.
    Downsides - If your ret gets wings dispelled gg, you now have an 80% chance of losing. If someone focuses your priest, you have an 80% chance of losing because rets can't peel.

I wouldn't recommend this comp.

Even with the upcoming buff to WoG, your rets only "peel" would be healing you... on a 10 second CD...if he can get in melee range and stay on target... and doesn't get focused. You will get somewhere, specially if they don't dispel his wings, but most teams will lol at you and steamroll you faster than you can blink. Ele is in a bad spot too, even with the run and gun coming next patch... yall need new toons XD
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.