Deleted

Problem with Intel i5 2500 heatsink

So i was building my computer under supervision of Fuzzykins. The CPU went in right after i checked 2 times (put it in wrong first).
    Then after some searching i put the heatsink header in the appropiate place. Now i can't mount the heatsink. It has these plastic caps on the screws(they are supposed to be that way). And i just can't pop them all in. 2 or 3 go in, the last 2 or 1 refuse to pop in. If they do however, the first 2 pop out again.

It's an AsRock H61 De/S3 mobo

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally, as has another friend, seen him properly mount the CPU and Heatsink. I suspect a faulty heatsink.

Deleted
    Nmv i have it -.-

you 100% sure you put the two corners all the way to the bottom until they snap and lock in place? Could be you just didn't use enough force with it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i was screwing in my heat sink first the little bracket on the back of the board came loose and the second time i wasn't strong enough to screw it down >.< evil heatsinks lol

10+ Year Old Account
    He got it guys. x3 He's building it. All's well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    He got it guys. x3 He's building it. All's well.
    Still want to know what went wrong :P

Yeah, when you open a thread with a problem, it's considered good practice to say what fixed the problem. In an effort to help others who may have similar issues.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    Yeah, they all went in, just 2 gave a clear popsound however. I don't know how they got fixed. I checked at the back of the mobo and they were perfectly alligned.

I succesfully put in the mobo now too.

However i was extremely nervous while putting in the mobo because i feared i might fry it. It just takes 1 touch to the back of the case, but i did it. I was so nervous and afraid of frying the mobo, that i sweated a LOT while doing it.

Now for the hdd and the dvd player.

Also the power supply is in, was very easy.

---------- Post added 2011-06-19 at 10:06 PM ----------

Seeming to have a problem with the hard drive bays...

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 01:21 AM ----------

Attached everything, plugged everything in. Works like a charm!

Thanks to all of you on MMO Champion who always helped me, especially Fuzzykins.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-06-20 at 02:57 AM.