FPS drops in dungeons when addons are in use

Hello,
    I just got back into WoW and as a result haven't really had a UI composed of addons of any sort. The only addon I've been using is Dominoes and I've been running instances and doing PvP BG's as well as questing fine with 60 FPS constantly. Today, I decided to use one of the UI compilations from a trusted WoW website and after downloading it I logged in and everything in the UI looked fine and I was still at 60 FPS, however, when entering an instance immediately after logging in I noticed that whenever anyone in my group or I engaged in combat with any mobs in the instance my computer would completely drop FPS to 1-2 and deemed the game unplayable because I couldn't do anything. I had to terminate the WoW program eventually because I couldn't do a thing, so now I need to know what I should do? Any advice helps. A couple of things to note, everything else about my computer runs fine, and everything else in WoW works fine but combat, so any thoughts or opinions and hopefully solutions about this topic would be fantastic.

Thanks!
    Kharnn
    STD's are BOP

Deleted
    Some older version of recount had this problem, I'm not sure if any other damage meter aswell. I would start from disabling it and checking afterwards. For me it even froze just while hitting target dummies

Deleted
    ^ that post is the best advice if u got fps problems (and u think its something about add ons.)

disable step by step. if u found the "bad guy" try an update. if its still a problem try to replace it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you're using the latest version of your combat mods - cast/interrupt announcers, buff addons, power auras/liteauras, dot trackers, hot trackers, damage meters, combat text, etc, etc.

It's always a problem if addons are not updated. I was have same problems, as soon I enter in combat, so I learn to always update or if there is no update ready, simply found similar addon for information I need.

In Patch 4.1 an additional parameter was added to COMBAT_LOG_EVENTS_UNFILTERED.
    Search the lua files of your addons, if "_UNFILTERED" is found, then this is an addon which
    needs updating to 4.1.

To find out if it already has been updated, check if "hideCaster" is present in the file. Sadly,
    this string can be named differently (for example "hC" or whatever, or even "_") so it is not
    easy to find, unless you know enough lua to know what you are looking for.

Unupdated addons to this change cause the lag you noticed. As a general rule, it can only
    happen with Addons which access the combat log (so it cannot be something like a bag
    addon or such).

Note: In 4.2 the same will happen again. Myselves I fixed a lot of addons already (and tested
    them on the PTR) and wherever I found something I wrote on curse or wowinterface or curseforge
    a little comment what has to be done to fix them for 4.2. A lot of original authors also fixed
    their addons:

Information on "how to fix this addon for 4.2" I could provide for:

- Mage Nuggets
    - Acheron (originally I used Death Note, but while I could not get Death Note fully working, I managed to get
    Acheron fully working)
    - Decursive
    - EnsidiaFails (only LibFail-2.0 fixed, no new encounter data added, leave that to the author of the addon ^^)
    - SpellShock (sadly the better addon RSA I could not manage to get working, but I assume Raeli will look after it when 4.2 is released)
    - Armory (more a workaround than a bugfix, but hey, it works)
    - Aurora (more a workaround than a bugfix, but hey, it works)

Official Updates are available for/the unmodified version works just fine when bumping the TOC to 40200 or selecting "Loading outdated Addons":

- BigWigs, DBM, DXE, LittleWigs
    - GTFO
    - Omen
    - Skada
    - TidyPlates
    - Dominos
    - Mik's Scrolling Battle Text

As to Unit Frames I tested Shadowed Unit Frames, which work fine. No idea of other Unit Frames, but I guess
    Unit Frames should work fine. With no guarantees ^^

You can assume all the named Addons also require a 4.1 bugfix if you still have an older version.
    But as next week supposedly 4.2 will arrive I would not put in major effort now to get things working for 4.1 - you will have to do the same for 4.2 in a week ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Update all your addons + Turn on lua errors. Turn the addon off that is creating tons of errors and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Update all your addons + Turn on lua errors. Turn the addon off that is creating tons of errors and try again.
    Be aware, that the UNFILTERED issue might not in all cases generate lua errors. Sometimes just FPS drop...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In fact, the combat log issue in 4.1 (and it's going to happen again in 4.2) does _not_ generate Lua errors in 99% of cases. The addon just tries to "deal" with the nonsense, gets very confused, and starts some major CPU chugging.