Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.

MT:G - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012

As the title would suggest, this thread is about the newest MTG game, as well as MTG as a whole.
    ITT we discuss favorite colors in magic, more specifically, favorite deck types and even favorite cards.
    For me, I like a green/blue devour/over run deck, and my favorite card is http://magiccards.info/query?q=!Mycoloth.
    Go.

**EDIT**
    TL;DR: Talk about your favorite stuff in MTG as a whole.
    Going to bed now. Checking thread in the morning.
    Godspeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the black deck ... or the blue deck-eating
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Woot, a place to get my inner-nerd out

Making a Myr deck based on Myr Battlesphere right now. Hoping to have it ready for this weeks FNM. Favorite card is probably Etched Champion. Looks bad ass, and has some pretty cool flavor text.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

I haven't tried the newest expansion but from the other decks before it I prefer:

Master of Shadow, Mind of Void, Eyes of Shadow and whatever Chandra's second deck was (something about fire).

I really wish we could build our own decks, or at least strip out some cards instead of just being able to add cards. I understand why we can't though, makes balance a whole lot easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Commander set disappoints me. I had thought it was a new block. Instead it's some weird, gimmicky, multiplayer thing. Anybody know when the next actual set/block will be released?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New Commander set disappoints me. I had thought it was a new block. Instead it's some weird, gimmicky, multiplayer thing. Anybody know when the next actual set/block will be released?
    next set is m12, so no new block till september. M12 will have goblin grenade though, which might make me change my current RDW deck to a kuldotha red deck for some awesomeness

I played the commander decks yesterday, had some good fun, always nice to kill 80 1/1 soldier tokens with 1 spell
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

*sigh* I played this game from '97 to '06 so sadly I'm not truly up-to-date. But I prefered mono-white protection decks and mono-green elf decks mostly.
    Played a 5 color artefact deck in '04 for fun and some red goblin burn decks in between but that were the only exceptions.

Very nice game but honestly just as long as you have some friends who play it with you.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Very nice game but honestly just as long as you have some friends who play it with you.
    Like every multiplayer game, really. I played the game starting from I think invasion block to Kamigawa (*shivers*)

Recently started again with scars of mirrodin. The community around MTG is awesome IMO, I meet a lot of friendly people at drafts, although only 1 of my friends plays the game
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I played from Wetherlight/Temepst till Ravnica. My oldest cards are from the Fourth Edition I think. ^^
    Lately I catch myself sometimes checking my cards and constructing a new deck just for fun... but sadly I don't know anyone in my neighbourhood playing it and I'm not sure how some of these new mechanics work, for example this planeswalker stuff.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Like every multiplayer game, really. I played the game starting from I think invasion block to Kamigawa (*shivers*)

Recently started again with scars of mirrodin. The community around MTG is awesome IMO, I meet a lot of friendly people at drafts, although only 1 of my friends plays the game
    I started with Mirrodin, and played "actively" until Ravnica I think, and I have to say, Kamigawa was the most "beautiful" set among them, although it was also the weakest I guess, with just a few good cards (Sensei's Divining Top and Kiki-Jiki come to mind), but at least it wasn't as broken as Mirrodin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    I started with Mirrodin, and played "actively" until Ravnica I think, and I have to say, Kamigawa was the most "beautiful" set among them, although it was also the weakest I guess, with just a few good cards (Sensei's Divining Top and Kiki-Jiki come to mind), but at least it wasn't as broken as Mirrodin
    well aside from some cards (like indeed top, which I love in highlander of course) the block was one of the worst ever

I really like the new block, aside from some cards that shape the metagame a bit too much (Stoneforge mystic/jace). 90% of the decks in standard atm are caw blade. It's raffinity all over again
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    I personally loved Mirrodin and Kamigawa. I agree that Kamigawa was probably the most beautiful set to date and I enjoyed the books tremendously. Toshi is one of the coolest MTG characters to grace the pages of a book. Don't get me wrong Jace, Tefari, Glissa, Rahda, Carn, Nicol Bolas, etc etc are all badass but I just enjoyed the perspective of a protagonist ninja for once.

Hmm I just played white while Kamigawa and I really liked some of the cheap fillercards there. >_<
    Like Kami of False Hope, Lantern Kami or Hold the Line. Obviously not enough to build a deck around but nice somehow.
    I totally loved most of the artworks in this block. <3 Jay Kitsune Samurai vs Nezumi Ninjas! Yamabushi vs Kami! Onis, Genjus, Patrons and Kirins! Oh and the 5 Dragon Spirits! Marvelous optically.
    And i remeber trying so hard to "evolve" my Bushi Tenderfoot to Kenzo the Hardhearted! xD That was really frustrating!

Of course it wasn't one of the best blocks ever, but not sooo bad either in my opinion. =<
    ... yeah i started playing MtG back in the days because of the drawings so maybe my points are invalid... >_<
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I recently installed it but I can't seem to find an option to create a deck from scratch with the available card base, yet comments here indicate this is possible. Am I just overlooking it?

Otherwise, I like the pre-built Blue/White/Black campaign deck
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I find Duel of the Planeswalkers to be the only way to enjoy MtG now unfortunately. At some point I realized I simply can't catch up with the ridiculous pace at which Wizards release new sets.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I find Duel of the Planeswalkers to be the only way to enjoy MtG now unfortunately. At some point I realized I simply can't catch up with the ridiculous pace at which Wizards release new sets.
    I usually do some drafts at a store close to me, and sometimes buy a boosterbox if i can spare the money for it. Once you have a decent collection it's fairly easy to get the cards you need for type 2 decks. I don't play 1/1.5 though
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    glimpse the unthinkable ^^
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    I recently installed it but I can't seem to find an option to create a deck from scratch with the available card base, yet comments here indicate this is possible. Am I just overlooking it?

Otherwise, I like the pre-built Blue/White/Black campaign deck
    You can't build decks in MTGDotP unfortunately. Your only options in tooling with the decks are to ADD specific cards from a predetermined sideboard. And doing so only makes your deck larger due to the fact that you cannot remove any of the original cards from the deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    magic was the shit to bad i dont play anymore =( my favorite deck was my burn deck! with balls lightnings, blistering firecats, chain lightnings, lightning bolts, mogg fanatics and fire blast!

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    You can't build decks in MTGDotP unfortunately. Your only options in tooling with the decks are to ADD specific cards from a predetermined sideboard. And doing so only makes your deck larger due to the fact that you cannot remove any of the original cards from the deck.
    Well, in the new 2012 version you can actually remove cards from the pre-built deck and it makes sense to do so (at leas to me) since they're all designed with 80 cards in the deck. You rarely draw what you need. So, what you can do there is edit a pre-built deck, remove all cards and build a new deck with the cards that were in this deck. That allows you to actually make it more likely to draw the cards you want. Still not as good as building a deck yourself with access to all cards but you take what you can get.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara