Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    dont people learn from mad cow disease......

As horrible as it sounds at first the important thing to realise here, is that you are not actually eating the feces, you are consuming the bacteria and proteins that proliferate in it. It is all bound together using soya, making this product somewhat akin to quorn or some other similar product.

Now whilst i don't really jump at this idea, it is rather ingenious. All in all i would say its a similar sort of idea as eating cheese, i mean normally you wouldn't eat mould would you?

Oh Japan, you so crazy. But that's why we love you.

Seriously though, just imagine the day we invent time-travel, and we go back in time:
    "So what do you guys eat in the 21st century?"
    "Oh, we eat our own poop. We make burgers out of them."

Totally not awkward at all.

Deleted
    That, I have to say, sounds rather revolting. There is no way I would eat my own faeces, or have the nutrients extracted and mixed into my meal. Food should only be eaten once. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh its fox so its fake.

Deleted
    Regular fast food is in the "junk food" category so healthy shit burger is actually a step forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Uh its fox so its fake.
    /facepalm
    The news first appeared Japanese news channels, try using your brain (or Google).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Obsiddias View Post
    That, I have to say, sounds rather revolting. There is no way I would eat my own faeces, or have the nutrients extracted and mixed into my meal. Food should only be eaten once. :/
    Have you never herd the phrase, "It taste better the second time!"

Wow, this is just... wow, that's disturbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disgusting certainly, but interesting to say the least.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by kisuro View Post
    literally!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pet control View Post
    absolutely disgusting. I'd never eat it.

Troll logic time:
    1. Eat burgers
    2. Shit out disgested burgers
    3. Make burgers out of shit
    4. ?????
    5. Infinite food source
    genius, you for president!!

Deleted
    if you think that's crazy, remember that legally, you can have a certain amount of shit in your food and they don't need to mention it. who knows, maybe the hamburgers you buy at your local 7/11 have ingredients you wouldn't even want near your nation.

and also, http://webecoist.com/2009/05/08/10-w...rocessed-food/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevDrLuv View Post
    The real question is when this becomes cheaper than real meat, how long before fast food companies put it in your burger without telling you?
    This ruined my day ._. I was right in the middle of a burger from Whataburger as I read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meditate View Post
    after reading the comments I feel proud to be a member of this forum's society. most of the comments were conscience about the upcoming food scarcity problem that the world will face in the future and wouldn't just reject the idea out-right just because of prejudice.
    Prejudice? PREJUDICE?! To who? Poo enthusiasts? Bro...........ITS POO! Hell no Iam not going to eat that 'shit'. Iam overweight ill just feed on my own fat and scavenge for food thank you very much. Poo, is not on my meal list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    if you think that's crazy, remember that legally, you can have a certain amount of shit in your food and they don't need to mention it. who knows, maybe the hamburgers you buy at your local 7/11 have ingredients you wouldn't even want near your nation.

and also, http://webecoist.com/2009/05/08/10-w...rocessed-food/
    lmao some vegetarians have been eating meat without knowing it

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been around for years now, i remember watching a documentary about it on discovery channel some years ago.... as "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" so will crap remain crap, no matter what color/shape you give it.... i'll never try it willingly afaik...

Deleted
    Isn't it basically like drinking your own Recycled and cleansed piss? Like, you know.
    Some countries already do?

Sorry, just gotta say this:

SOYLENT GREEN

IS

FECAL!

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    Sorry, just gotta say this:

SOYLENT BROWN

IS

FECAL!
    \
    Fixt.

Also: Whats the huge deal? Its not fundamentally any different than having poop turn into vegetables. Just takes the nature out of it. Fuck nature.
    Also also: I'm guessing your GF's and wives don't get much tongue action.... prudes.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.