10+ Year Old Account

How can I inprove?

I'm currently raiding with my priest, and I'm looking for ways to inprove myself.
    armory-> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zenchi/simple
    I use both my specs for raid healing and I can do up to 12k HPS in disc (but I'm usually at about 8-10 because more would be overhealing for the sake of getting higher HPS) and up to 11k in holy (but i'm usually at about 6-9k depending on the other healers in the raid).
    What should I change in ways of: spec,gemming,enchants,reforging, Etc. Any suggestions, advise, tips are welcome

Proud human beings typically shun suffering as weakness, but God said, I will meet you at the crossroads of suffering.†

Well you could start of by saying improve, but I don't wanna be a grammar jerk.

If priests work the same way as other healers, I think you should go for full intellect gems, instead of haste gems in some slots. Also, you have quite some hit items, try to replace that aswell.

Go to elitistjerks.com. Find an appropriate guide and read in entirely.

Deleted
    The correct word is, indeed, "improve" but that is not the real issue here

On-topic: You could do with less Haste. Also, more than half your gear is not reforged and you could do with less INT/SPI and focus more on pure INT if mana-regeneration is no issue for you right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sithorion View Post
    Well you could start of by saying improve, but I don't wanna be a grammar jerk.

If priests work the same way as other healers, I think you should go for full intellect gems, instead of haste gems in some slots. Also, you have quite some hit items, try to replace that aswell.
    I'm sorry, english isn't my first language, and I wasn't certain if it was spelled with "in" or "im".
    But thanks for the tips, although I'm not certain about the haste since I think i'm supposed to have 12% when raid buffed, but i'll try out regemming and see if that's any better (int+spirit gems are a good option right) ^^.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gvd13 View Post
    Go to elitistjerks.com. Find an appropriate guide and read in entirely.
    I did that and I got alot of usefull information there, thanks for the tip anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    The correct word is, indeed, "improve" but that is not the real issue here

On-topic: You could do with less Haste. Also, more than half your gear is not reforged and you could do with less INT/SPI and focus more on pure INT if mana-regeneration is no issue for you right now.
    I'm guess I could replace my haste and some of my int/spirit thanks alot
    I usually reforge crit out, but is reforging away some haste a good idea aswel?
    Last edited by Zenchi; 2011-06-20 at 02:16 PM. Reason: So many grammar mistakes D: (and probably still missed some :()

Proud human beings typically shun suffering as weakness, but God said, I will meet you at the crossroads of suffering.†

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only comment on the Holy aspects, since I only recently got a Discipline spec, and I don't play it very much anyway.

Gear:
    Your gear looks pretty fine. You have a couple of unenchanted pieces (boots, cloak and shoulders) so you should take care of that. Also get your professions to the level that you get benefits from them.
    You obviously favor Haste, so keep going that route (for Holy). You reforged one piece of Mastery to Spirit, but I don't think that is really necessary, your Spirit is quite adequate. The Crit on your neck, cloak and chest should be reforged to Haste. The gem in the prismatic socket in your belt should be a Brilliant Inferno Ruby.
    Try to get rid of the pieces with Hit, even after reforging it's a wasted stat.

Spec:
    The only thing that bothers me about your spec is the part in the Shadow tree. You took Veiled Shadows (which really doesn't do what you want it to do on most fights) and neglected to take Darkness. Since your gear gives me the idea that you favor Haste it would be silly to not take the extra 2% Haste. Just switch the points from Veiled Shadows to Darkness
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I can only comment on the Holy aspects, since I only recently got a Discipline spec, and I don't play it very much anyway.

Gear:
    Your gear looks pretty fine. You have a couple of unenchanted pieces (boots, cloak and shoulders) so you should take care of that. Also get your professions to the level that you get benefits from them.
    You obviously favor Haste, so keep going that route (for Holy). You reforged one piece of Mastery to Spirit, but I don't think that is really necessary, your Spirit is quite adequate. The Crit on your neck, cloak and chest should be reforged to Haste. The gem in the prismatic socket in your belt should be a Brilliant Inferno Ruby.
    Try to get rid of the pieces with Hit, even after reforging it's a wasted stat.

Spec:
    The only thing that bothers me about your spec is the part in the Shadow tree. You took Veiled Shadows (which really doesn't do what you want it to do on most fights) and neglected to take Darkness. Since your gear gives me the idea that you favor Haste it would be silly to not take the extra 2% Haste. Just switch the points from Veiled Shadows to Darkness
    Thanks alot for the advice I'm not that much of a haste fan (but on EJ it said I need 12% for raids so I started stacking it) so I'm probably going to replace some haste gems with int and take "darkness" to fill the los back up ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenchi View Post
    Thanks a lot for the advice I'm not that much of a haste fan (but on EJ it said I need 12% for raids so I started stacking it) so I'm probably going to replace some haste gems with int and take "darkness" to fill the loss back up ^_^
    No problem at all.
    You don't need 12% Haste at all. At 12.5% Haste your Renew gets an extra tick, so it's basically more Healing for less Mana. But since Renew isn't even close to our number one spell it's a bit silly to gear around it.
    Also, the 12.5% Haste people talk about is Raid Buffed, so don't go out of your way to gear for Haste if you don't like it. Reforge Crit to Mastery (and even a couple of Haste pieces if you want).
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    No problem at all.
    You don't need 12% Haste at all. At 12.5% Haste your Renew gets an extra tick, so it's basically more Healing for less Mana. But since Renew isn't even close to our number one spell it's a bit silly to gear around it.
    Also, the 12.5% Haste people talk about is Raid Buffed, so don't go out of your way to gear for Haste if you don't like it. Reforge Crit to Mastery (and even a couple of Haste pieces if you want).
    yeah I agree with Ynna, the 12.5 percent haste is no biggie. Personally i prefer mastery over haste, buts thats just me. Also one thing to consider if you have a shadow priest or a Boomkin they give you a 5% haste buff. Just something to consider

Deleted
    Your disc spec, oh my...You are raiding with it not PVPing right?
    Exchange your Reflective shields for Borrowed time
    Exchange your Focussed will for Train of thought

Healers mostly should not get hit in a raid environment, thus these are mostly wasted talent points.
    Same thing for 3/3 Inner sanctum, reduced damage fine, but your hardly getting hit... 1/3 just to make the manditory 31 points in disc
    Deperate prayer fine heal yourself, but your hardly getting hit.. consider taking 3/3 Devine fury

Possibly 1/2 or even 2/2 Surge of light
    Or take 1/3, 2/3 or 3/3 Darkness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guthric View Post
    yeah I agree with Ynna, the 12.5 percent haste is no biggie. Personally i prefer mastery over haste, buts thats just me. Also one thing to consider if you have a shadow priest or a Boomkin they give you a 5% haste buff. Just something to consider
    Since we do have a boomkin I'll start swapping out some haste for int, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Your disc spec, oh my...You are raiding with it not PVPing right?
    Exchange your Reflective shields for Borrowed time
    Exchange your Focussed will for Train of thought

Healers mostly should not get hit in a raid environment, thus these are mostly wasted talent points.
    Same thing for 3/3 Inner sanctum, reduced damage fine, but your hardly getting hit... 1/3 just to make the manditory 31 points in disc
    Deperate prayer fine heal yourself, but your hardly getting hit.. consider taking 3/3 Devine fury

Possibly 1/2 or even 2/2 Surge of light
    Or take 1/3, 2/3 or 3/3 Darkness
    Thanks alot for the advice, but my disc spec is actually my pvp spec (my guild just wants me to go disc whenever I have to tank heal)