Thread: MMR Change

Deleted

MMR Change

source: MMO-Champion.com
    PvP
    Arenas

The individual Matchmaking Rating column has been removed from the Arena scoreboard.
    Which means that there would be no way 3 people with extremely high MMR can happen to play together(intentionally or coincidentally) and simply faceroll their way to rank one with barely 51%win/lose ratio.....not...

Removing the scoreboard is not in any way sorting the actual issue -- that some teams will simply have way better MMR than others and that many people will simply be in disadvantage (or should i say punished) for sticking and playing with their friends rather than teaming up with random people to see with which teams they will be getting the highest MMR and therefore the highest amount of points.

Reset alone won't really cut it, the system needs a redesign.

The only solution would be to make MMR not affect points exchange at the end of an arena match in any way and to only serve as a tool for matching players with similar skill.

I suggest blizzards make a mix between the current system and the old TBC system.

Imo MMR should only be used as a tool for matching opponents, but it shouldn't determine and affect the amount of points that exchange at the end of an arena match in any way. The points exchange should be determined by the old system, the one it took place back in TBC. Nobody back then was saying that there is any issue with the system and that they didn't got the right amounts of points at an end of a game. The only issue back then was that boosters were taking bug chunk of points from lowrated opponents, but here is where MMR comes into play. Also if two good players lose to a booster and a lame player that doesn't know what he is doing - it's their fault anyways.

I am sick of the current system how you get points mostly based on your MMR and how people with extremely high MMR faceroll on both good or bad teams and they still get insane amounts of points, pretty much regardless on what rating it happens.

That's why again i believe when it comes to points exchange we should go back to the TBC model.

This last season has been a mockery to all the good veteran players and i think for the game to survive it is time for blizzard to take action and restore the glory of the game to a point that it can be taken seriously again.

Thoughts

First while with the old TBC system you were rewarded points based on the rating of the opponent compared to yours (correct me if i am wrong, but still that's not the important part) with the current system you are rewarded points based on a ****king estimation (how far the system thinks you can reach) which is extremely stupid.

Second, with the old TBC system the point exchange (or how i refer to winning points and losing points) was perfect -- the precise amount of points had to come from the enemy team rating to yours in case you win and go to the enemy team from yours in case you lose. With the current system it's not the same amount of points that are being exchanged, the issue is that the system is generating points that come from nowhere, again based on a ****king estimation. That is simply wrong.

I am glad that the system as it is finally backfired, the way they they try to fix it, by simply making us unable to see our so called personal MMR, doesn't resolve the actual issue.
    In the past i have been always wondering why with some people i am getting further rather than with my friends, especially in cases in which the people with whom i was going further were usually less skilled players. I have always had the feeling that i was somehow carried by MMR and now i know that that was the case for a fact!!! Covering this up is not sorting anything, because i cannot erase my memory of what i just learned. The system needs a redesign, till i am convinced that i am going to have fair and meaningful experience in arena over battle.net i am not going to be buying more gamecards (we are not talking about quitting here, so please don't make drama out of what i just said) and i suggest you guys do the same...

Thanks to everyone that read and posted, Dalrian included...

I would like to add a link to my original thread on the official EU forums, but apparently i can't post links just yet. The name is "Matchmaking change", feedback would be greatly appreciated, feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoc1963a0816a; 2011-06-20 at 10:20 PM.