Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    When I think of female-dominated societies, my mind goes straight to D&D Drow. They might be a bit extreme for your sci-fi project but generally D&D drow follow a strict matriarchal society where the mother is in charge, and the more children she has, the more shots she has at power grabs.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but I seem to recall having more children meant more chicks to plan you're eventual murder in their society since they all focused on personal gain and advancement over anything else. Either way, as far as pre-existing mythical female dominated societies, Drow is definitely the one I'd check out for some ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazons <3

Let's see... what would cause a society to have women be dominant over men? You could always make your race a parody of us.. Men can be bulky and stupid, made to work, while women are intelligent and manipulate the men (because they're dumb :P) That and an emphasis on the fact that women do most of the "baby making" leg work and are considered sacred for that fact..

Ok.. now I'm really off to bed.. it's like Mod IRC in here.

Simple

"male is kind of like slaves, serve nothing but for reproduction and do hard labor" aka no right to vote or opinion since they are considered just brute and not intelligent, kind of like animals, strong but not much useful.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Perhaps the Asari from the Mass Effect series will give you some inspiration?
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Asari