Deleted

[Holy] Itemisation 4.2

So,

since all the offpieces available from raidloot have either crit or mastery on them, exception being the chest from Alysrazor, what will you aim for? i actually intended to pass the tier-token to the MT first, but seeing how the items are designed, i might actually revert from that plan.

what are your thoughts on this?

on another note: i could'nt find the tier-items for chest, hands and legs in the valor-point list. are they purchased via tokens too? or are they just not (yet) in the list? i thought they would implement tokens for shoulders and head again, and let the rest be bought via points?

cheers

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weapons - #1 Ko'gun- Hammer of the Firelord (Ragnaros)

Shields - #1 Ward of the Red Widow (Beth'tilac)

Chests - #1 Clutch of the Firemother (Alysrazor), #2 Immolation Breastplate (T12, Unknown Source)

Feet - #1 Treads of the Penitent Man (Majordom Staghelm)

Hands - #1 Immolation Gloves (T12, Unknown Source), #2 Grips of the Raging Giant (Lord Rhyloth)

Head - #1 Immolation Headguard (T12, Unkown Source), #2 Casque of Flame (Baleroc the Gatekeeper)

Legs - #1 Immolation Greaves (T12, Unkown Source), #2 Legplates of Absolute Control (Shannox)

Shoulders - #1 Immolation Mantle (T12, Unknown Source), #2 Spaulders of Manifold Eyes (Beth'tilac)

Wrists - #1 Bracers of Imperious Truths (1250VP + Crystallized Firestone (All Bosses)), #2 Bracers of the Dread Hunter (Shannox)

Trinkets - #1 Jaws of Defeat (Majordomo Staghelm), #3? Eye of Blazing Power (Alysrazor)

Necks - #1 Flowform Choker (Majordomo Staghelm), #2 Heartstone of Rhyolith (Lord Rhyloth), #3 Firemind Pendant (1250 VP + Crystallized Firestone (All Bosses)),

Belts - #1 Belt of the Seven Seals (300g from Honored with Avengers of Hyjal + Crystallized Firestone (All Bosses))

Backs - #1 Flowing Flamewrath Cape (250g from Friendly with Avengers of Hyjal + Crystallized Firestone (All Bosses)), #2 Wings of Flame (Alysrazor)

Rings - #1 Soothing Brimstone Circle (1250 VP + Crystallized Firestone (All Bosses)), #2 Quicksilver Signet of the Avengers (500g from Exalted with Avengers of Hyjal)

Relics - Singed Plume of Aviana (700 VP + Crystallized Firestone (All Bosses))

Issues: 1 Spi/Crit/Haste Ring, 0 Spi/Crit/Haste Necks, 0 Spi/Crit/Haste Backs. Lots of gear this tier seems to be focused on mastery. Mastery is better with the changes so we'll see how this all works out. There is a new Shard of Woe styled trinket, but all 4.2 trinkets lack haste, so maybe shard of woe will still be a bis trinket. Unsure of T12 sources...
    Notes: Any plausible gear that lacked spirit both haste was totally ignored because we cannot get both spirit and haste out of the item. Also some of the necks are debatable for #2 / #3 positions due to having more spi or more mastery as a result. Also with the changes to crit, reforging from haste to crit may make an item bis (Specifically items that are Spi/Haste). Also gear is simply ordered based upon their value as far as slot ranking goes, an overall bis set may differ due to t12/t11 set bonuses.

Aside from the few negatives listed in the issues, blizzard did well on relics/t12 stats. 4/5 T12 (no chest) makes for best in slot gear and getting the set bonus. Better boots this time as well, but still no haste (allthough boots will be reforged crit to haste).

Materials/Currency Needed for bis set: 3200 VP, 1050g, Crystallized Firestone x5

I have the links to every item listed, but i can't post links yet so do your best to search for them via name.

Deleted
    The best solution in T11 content was to pass on Tier items and get all offset with haste. That won't be possible in T12, your best solution will be take the items with best int+spirit and reforge to haste. It won't be a good choice to pass on items with lower itemlevel only because of the haste. I knew a holy pala who wore the 277 bracers from Blood Prince Council in T11 content because he couldnt find bracers with haste, which is obviously a bad choice. The only T11 items worth carrying are the bracers from Sinestra.

Chest/Gloves/Pants T12 are purchaseble via Valor points exactly like T11 but you will need more time to get them, because the price stays the same but the weekly Valor point cap has been reduced. Shoulder and Head Tokens are boss drops like before.

Head: Immolation Headguard
    Neck: Flowform Choker / Heartstone of Rhyolith
    Shoulders: Immolation Mantle (offset Spaulders of Manifold Eyes also bad choice, no good itemization here)
    Back: Flowing Flamewrath Cape or stick to Shroud of Endless Grief/Drape of the Twins for haste
    Chest: Clutch of the Firemother
    Bracers: Bindings of Bleak Betrayal I think the 391 crit/mastery bracers are worse
    Gloves: Immolation Gloves though we don't know the stats of Flickering Handguards
    Belt: Belt of the Seven Seals or stick to Tempest Keeper Belt of the Undertow
    Legs: Immolation Greaves
    Boots: Emberforged Elementium Boots (crafted) or Treads of the Penitent Man
    Rings: Quicksilver Signet of the Avengers and Planetary Band of the Undertow (only crappy int rings here)

Trinkets: Shard of Woe still lovable
    Fiery Quintessence - an average of <360 int not very superior
    Eye of Blazing Power - depends of the ICD which is not known, may be 45 s

Weapon: Eye of Purification or if you can get it Ko'gun, Hammer of the Firelord but priests will hate you
    Shield: Ward of the Red Widow: you will love da spida
    Relic: Singed Plume of Aviana, no need to take the casters one

So all in all you will like to get the 4pc bonus because of lack of alternatives and won't be able to increase your current level of haste enormously because of bad itemization. It's still the game between bad item with spirit+crit/mastery and lesser itemlevel spirit+haste. Maybe there will be a treshold when you accumulated so much int and spirit that your primary stats are neglectable like in Wrath but we won't see this point up to maybe T14.
    Last edited by mmoc80e4089929; 2011-06-21 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    yes, keeping t11 will obviously be a bad choice. thanks for the info on the tokens though.

after rummaging through the lootlists, ill surely go with 4pc and chest offpiece + crafted boots.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense to the OP, but I'm gonna lock this one up and direct you all to here, so we can keep the conversation in one place.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!