Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blizz did not do a great job in explaining why they lowered WSG gy. First they meant to say they wanted to stop the flag carrier from sitting in their own gy so when people rezzed they were right there to protect the fc. The reason they did this was because of rated battlegrounds in my opinion. Lets face it in pugs it really doesnt matter that much when the fc sits in their own gy. I have been in a few RBG"s where that was the opposition or our strategy to sit gy so when someon did rez again they were there to help the zerg or heal fc if needed.

For RBG's it makes sense. For pugs it can be a farming disaster.

Simple?

It seems to me that, in addition to some of the other suggestions already posted, if Blizzard simply made the GROUND SOLID (ie. spells cannot pass through the ground to hit players who just spawned), a lot of the camping could be reduced or eliminated.

If the GY was elevated above the flagroom level, it would prevent flag camping. If there was a lower level beside the GY, toward the center of the bg, it would prevent falling damage after spawning. If the ground was solid, spawn camping would be eliminated. There would likely need to be something (heal/magic/ranged/etc barrier) to prevent newly spawn players from healing/attacking while they are still on the GY platform.

genius_at_work

A fix I would like to see is a 2nd gy for each team kinda like what we have in Twin Peaks. It might up causing a handful of new issues but it was stop a few others also.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

What I've seen groups do is when they're being gy camped, they just step down from the platform while they're dead and they don't get mass rezzed. All the bot players just keep respawning and walking on their trajectories, but the rest of the players don't feed the spawncampers their free hk's.