10+ Year Old Account

Games for my wife

I'm looking for suggestions of games for my wife (and I) to play. We recently played Civ 4 together, but she got frustrated that the game takes so long to get anything done. Here are some additional criteria:
    1. It must be a multiplayer game, hopefully one we can play together simultaneously
    2. It can't be an mmo (at least not a standard-fare type) since she got burned out playing wow and lotro
    3. It can't be very violent/graphic/obscene (so no Bulletstorm). In fact, no M-rated games. She's very particular about that.
    We recently played through Portal 2, her first console FPS, and she really loved it. I think she would be willing to try most genres so long as they fulfill all the criteria.

Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gogo Rockband/guitar hero. Can be pretty fun at times. Though some songs can be a pain even on easy for those that aren't used to those games(like my gf)

Your girlfriend needs a Nintendo 64.

StarFox 64, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Pokemon Stadium 1/2, Extreme G, Super Smash Bros...man, I could go on forever.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

I was going to suggest Magicka just because it's hillarious, but basically you blow tons of monsters up. So might not fit her.

You could try League of Legends and just play you two against bots, you'd be surprised how hard bots can be if you're new to this genre of game.(I'm pretty new to it and I still get killed by bots) Good thing about it aswell is it's free, and the chars you can choose rotate every week, and there's something like 60 different chars or more.

I'd suggest a lot more, but without the M rating it does get a bit harder for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post

StarFox 64, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Pokemon Stadium 1/2, Extreme G, Super Smash Bros...man, I could go on forever.
    Actually, this is such a better suggestion than what I said. Especially Super Smash Brothers.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

15+ Year Old Account
    Could always try little big planet.

Deleted
    Random games on facebook!

Dota/LoL,or even HoN

Fun games,can be played with bots to avoid flaming,can be played with friends up to a team of 5 and a match of 10

i dunno you can always just have more sex with her

Borderlands, it is rated M but it might have an option to turn off all of the blood and gore stuff. Its a great multiplayer game with a lot of action. Or you could go semi old school and get phantasy star online(not really online) which is just an amazing game all around for the gamecube/wii but might have difficulty finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Dota/LoL,or even HoN

Fun games,can be played with bots to avoid flaming,can be played with friends up to a team of 5 and a match of 10
    LoL aka league of legends is a great amazingly fun game to play....I am unsure if it would be good for a husband/wife combo though because it doesn't have the same companionship that an RPG has with the person you play with which she probably enjoys.
    Last edited by Rakzuul; 2011-06-21 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    Lego games.

Indiana jones, starwars, whatever.....
    Minecraft/terraria,
    Starcraft...

If you were willing to buy a couple of old game boys and games there are a ton of things there, are you limited to PC? As consoles do multiplayers by the dozen, there are plenty of "fun" ones there.

This. Everyone needs an N64. Holy shit I just found my purpose in life: Geef evray1 a nantundo!

Kitchen Simulator 2011

Deleted
    I'm sorry but it has to be posted.

Little Big Planet!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Cooking Mama

Okay, okay, I'm sorry someone had to post that.

My suggestion is Sims or Harvest Moon, most girls I know who aren't gamers usually enjoy The Sims.

This so hard. While I think the SNES had the best games overall, the N64 destroys any other system for same-room multiplayer. No current gen system or lan could come close to the amount of awesomeness that an N64 can provide.

Kitchen Simulator 2011
    cooking mama? :P and hey dont understimate your girlfriends .. i personally dislike gore but i for some reason love gears of war lol. i just couldnt never get good at it coz my hubby sold it QQ

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 10:12 PM ----------

The Sims.
    ahhhrrrg just to hear that name makes me shiver... LOL i know its a good game or so they say but i find it boring.

Super Smash Brothers was probably the best suggestion on this post lol. I would suggest Two Worlds 2, vast improvement over the first one and it has multiplayer. The online is either a group based mission running rpg, or a small group pvp style game. (Don't know how many people play online anymore tho .) And there is a section of the game where you can build your own town and maintain it by building shops/houses and killing invasions of creatures/monsters. Aside from that I can maybe suggest Halo, or even Team Fortress 2. Both non-gory FPS, Halo is extremely fun to play offline with some friends and TF2, although not having offline multiplayer still a great game to play with others. Constant updates brings new weapons/Maps, and if you or your wife find it fun you can start a career in the hat game :P. I'm trying not to suggest any casual shit games just because your wife is playing. Girls can play real games too lol :P
    Last edited by thedreadlobster; 2011-06-22 at 12:12 AM.

Minecraft.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Minecraft.
    ^^^^^
    This