Thread: PC Case...

Deleted

PC Case...

So I am about to buy my case for my next PC, and I have had my eye on this one for a while:http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/...php?model=RV02

I was wondering if anyone had had some experience with it, and if so what they thought. Feel free to suggest another case (£120 range).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    So I am about to buy my case for my next PC, and I have had my eye on this one for a while:http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/...php?model=RV02

I was wondering if anyone had had some experience with it, and if so what they thought. Feel free to suggest another case (£120 range).
    What do you plan to put in it?
    eg: 5 hard drives, 2 optical drives, 4 graphics cards huge oversized coolers.

what features are important to you?
    headset handle/stand, hot swapable hdd bay, sleek design/look, small/large, colourful?

No exp with it though I love the design. For some others look into the haf x or the 600t white
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a great case idea for airflow, but it also hurts itself. heat rises so even if you put the radiator loops on the cards and CPU you still either get less cooling from the radiator exhausting out the bottom and incidentally taking it back in from a side fan or back fan or exhausting heat into the PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&prod=48

That's what i have at the moment.
    I have only 1 complaint about it.

It has 4 fan slots for intake(2 at front, 1 at bottom and 1 at side)
    The dust filter on the bottom fan is a bitch to clean, but you should really be okay with 3 fans for intake anyway.

But yea, extremely happy with the case. It has noise blockers for the fan slots you are not using,
    dust filters for the fans and i really love the elegant simplistic design of it.

There is also a larger version of it, Define XL, my roommate got it instead of R3, i have no idea why but....
    i guess it's big...

If you don't want a flashy looking case, R3 is quite a good option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Define XL is great. You've got plenty of room. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually using an RV02 right now. All the intake fans have dust filters, which is fantastic. The 90 degree turn for the motherboard is super cool, I really like it, and it makes your mobo ports really accessible. There is plenty of room for anything. My 5970 has just enough room to fit without removing one of the bottom fans. If you have any questions about the case feel free to PM me.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using this case also! With 2 gtx 570's, at 800mhz. All the stuff in my sig. Its an amazing case for the price. I really love the sleep look of it. If you plan on watercooling though, there are better options like the 800D.

But I love this case. I switched from a Coolmaster Storm Sniper, and its simply awesome! If you want to know more you can PM me.

Oh, and the only flaw is the HDD housing, which i think they fixed in the new ones, but you can only fit 3, and its akward to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually I'll have a Raven RV02B-EW with my 360mm Radiator in it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    I'm using this case also! With 2 gtx 570's, at 800mhz. All the stuff in my sig. Its an amazing case for the price. I really love the sleep look of it. If you plan on watercooling though, there are better options like the 800D.

But I love this case. I switched from a Coolmaster Storm Sniper, and its simply awesome! If you want to know more you can PM me.

Oh, and the only flaw is the HDD housing, which i think they fixed in the new ones, but you can only fit 3, and its akward to work with.
    I switched from a Storm Sniper too XD. But yeah, there is no good spot for a Rad in this thing. And the HDD bays are a pain, I bought a third hard drive and just threw it in the case loose since I don't ever move it.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650