The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking Well... we know what I care about. :P

So, friends of the Computer forums, I have a small tale to tell all of you, that I think several of you will get a decent /giggle at.

Story location: southern Lake County, Northwest of Chicago.

DeltrusDisc, is half-asleep in bed, from having gone to sleep at about 2pm.... >_> Yeah I was up all night, so what? We're all gamer nerds! ;p So, this thunderstorm had awoken me around 9pm and I was just listening to the rumbling of the thunder, until.... I heard the tornado siren from right down the street go off. Holy fucking hell I don't think I've ever jumped out of bed so fucking fast! Granted I love storms, but I had to get downstairs, so as I run through the hallway towards the staircase, I'm literally putting on shorts as I go, lol. I bolt down the stairs, trying to find my mom and sister, my Dad is safe in Taiwan however, on a business trip. My mom was in the kitchen and apparently my sister was out. Ooooh dear. So, being the northern suburbanites of Chicago that we are, (we never get tornadoes in this area, though I'm not saying never!) we casually turn on the weather channel, to check out the Doppler radar, sure enough, there's a red blob within this thunderstorm headed right for my exact area of Lake County on the map, I'm like, oh shit. This tornado is either going to hit us or miss us by a hair. (I'll find out tomorrow.)

Here's where the computer forum gets their laugh... I immediately go into the dining/computer room and quickly unplug everything from my precious computer tower that I've put so many hours of labor and so much $$$ into and pick up the 50-60 pound monster and hurriedly carry it down into the basement where I set it down safe away from windows and where the tornado could do any harm.

Now I'm just getting a lot of loling from my sister and mom for MAKING SURE MY COMPUTER IS SAFE. lolol, I knew it would be funny, but honestly, if you know your dogs are fine, your mom is more awake than you and headed downstairs too, what are you going to do? Use those empty hands to carry your beloved downstairs out of harms way!

About 20 minutes later the storm had passed us, we were watching the radar in the basement, and I must say, carrying the computer up the stairs with no adrenaline rush as compared to the insanity adrenaline rush I had before.... omg all my energy! XD I need to work out more....

Anyways, there's your story, hope you enjoyed, got my new SSD today for those of you who were on last night reading my other thread, so far it's exceeding the Agility 3 imho.

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If a tornado were headed for me, I would probably just take the hard drive out of the computer to keep all my data and just let it get trashed. Then just get insurance to pay for it.

If I didn't have insurance that covered it yeah I would probably have done the same thing as you.

I'd do the same... if my house caught on fire suddenly I'd unplug the tower as fast as I can and jump out the window behind me Dunno what I'd do in a tornado though... we don't have a basement (North Texas is bad for basements apparently... something about clay shifting and whatnot)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    I'd do the same... if my house caught on fire suddenly I'd unplug the tower as fast as I can and jump out the window behind me Dunno what I'd do in a tornado though... we don't have a basement (North Texas is bad for basements apparently... something about clay shifting and whatnot)
    And Texas is a rough state for tornadoes, coupled with Oklahoma! Wtf!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO So You dont carry your mom or sister down the stairs...but you carry your computer LOL XD Sorry I'd do the same thing if my fiancee was safe XD

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did this, once. I live in Iowa, so we're in prime tornado country. I brought my computer downstairs, and plugged it in. Bad move. *ZAPPPP*
    Computer is now smoking furiously... Damn, nature, you scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Did this, once. I live in Iowa, so we're in prime tornado country. I brought my computer downstairs, and plugged it in. Bad move. *ZAPPPP*
    Computer is now smoking furiously... Damn, nature, you scary.
    lol well, my computer was still not fully reassembled anyways, I was damn tired when I went to sleep, though I had at least gotten most of the new fans in and the new SSD. So I just wanted my precious to be safe. :P
    "A flower.