15+ Year Old Account

New forum category: News (Not wow related)

1. How about a new forum category in the off-topic forums called "News from the World" or something similar¿ Some forums have this and it's interesting to read what happens around the world, as not every piece of news is found on major sites like fox, especially the more interesting ones.

If someone has some news they want to share, they create a thread, paste the news and link the source aswell. I know I would check it daily

Now the news posts are scattered in the general off-topic and the real news get buried on page 5+ by junk. Hard to spot from there. I can't even find the earthquake in Japan thread anymore without the search tool. Would like to check the Fugushima news for example.

2. I also have an another suggestion about replying to the main page news. After submitting the post, I'm returned to the first page and not my post. I always like to read my reply after submitting it to see if I can improve it any further, or if I missed some typos. Nothing serious but rarely do people want to return to page 1

Deleted
    We are talking about the MMO-Champion forum, right? Where 8/10 members can not even bother to be decent and reasonable in discussing class changes? Who can not behave themself when discussing 20% damage reduction on bosses? Who will troll, insult and mock others when discussing their faction' leaders?

I am not sure if I want to read these peoples' opinion on sexual molestation, genocide, airplane crashes, middle-east tension or even the economical crisis...

But then again, I could choose to ignore these people. So yeah, go have fun.
    Try to reason with people whose motto is "gtfo retards"...

15+ Year Old Account
    You would need to have someone constantly supplying news to keep a 'news only' forum relevant. In General Off-Topic you already get people supplying stories from around the world. If they are interesting then people comment, if not they get buried. Incidentally, the Japan Earthquake thread was closed some time ago due to the posting of nonsense conspiracy theories.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I don't see how in the long run it would look any different from what we have now. A good way to get a stream of news updates from around the world is to subscribe to a news aggregate twitter feed like @BreakingNews.