10+ Year Old Account

Case Fans

Ok, So i'm quite taken with the

£116.65 ex vat
    (£139.98 inc vat)

My problem is that Novatech only stocks 1 200mm case fan. the:
    £11.65 ex vat
    (£13.98 inc vat)

Is this a good case fan? (it would be on the side cover under the window.) It also seems very expensive for a fan.... For one item I guess I'm not particularly tied to Novatech, but it'd be nice to stick with one company for the whole machine.

there are 3 fans included, Top, Rear, Front (the optional only goes for other sizes)
    the fans look good and quiet, you should be fine without buying any aftermarked ones
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quiet doesn't really matter to me, and i'd at least like to get that side fan on, beucase the front of the machine will be getting all the heat from the only radiator in the room.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to buy new case fans. And you don't need NovaTechs.
    Scythe and Noctua make some of the best fans out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    You don't have to buy new case fans. And you don't need NovaTechs.
    Scythe and Noctua make some of the best fans out there.
    Right... what I said...
    Thanks for the brand suggestion though... but which one by each of them?

And again one of the main reason's I use Novatech so much is becuase I don't pay VAT at all... none of the pay it, and claim it back in april stuff.. Not to mention they have exellent customer support, as well as physical stores I can go into but still have the "web price" rather than the PCWorld/Curry's store price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Right... what I said...

And again one of the main reason's I use Novatech so much is becuase I don't pay VAT at all... none of the pay it, and claim it back in april stuff.. Not to mention they have exellent customer support, as well as physical stores I can go into but still have the "web price" rather than the PCWorld/Curry's store price.
    Scythe Gentle Typhoons are some of the most powerful case fans out there right now. I'm epic multitasking atm, so sorry for tl;dr responses.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 07:44 AM ----------

Right... what I said...

Why did I say NovaTech? What the fuck is NovaTech?

Wait, never mind. UGHHH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Scythe Gentle Typhoons are some of the most powerful case fans out there right now. I'm epic multitasking atm, so sorry for tl;dr responses.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 07:44 AM ----------

Why did I say NovaTech? What the fuck is NovaTech?

Wait, never mind. UGHHH!
    Umm.. Maybe i'm just being stupid... but I don't see a Scythe Gentle Typhoon in a 200mm x 200mm x 30mm spec at:
    www.cclonline.com
    www.ebuyer.com
    or www.play.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm.. Maybe i'm just being stupid... but I don't see a Scythe Gentle Typhoon in a 200mm x 200mm x 30mm spec at:
    www.cclonline.com
    www.ebuyer.com
    or www.play.com
    200mm fans are kind of shoddy. A lot of manufacturers don't use a standard 200mm size, so NXZT fans sometimes only fit NXZT cases, and NXZT cases can sometimes only use NXZT cases, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    200mm fans are kind of shoddy. A lot of manufacturers don't use a standard 200mm size, so NXZT fans sometimes only fit NXZT cases, and NXZT cases can sometimes only use NXZT cases, etc.
    Think thats the other part of the reason I posted here lol maybe someone knows of a fan that will fit on this case ?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently got a couple Cooler Master 200mm Red case fans and a 200mm Blue Xigmatek case fan. Not sure how much this will matter to you guys but...

I had to drill new screw holes for the CM fans on top of my case, because I guess they were meant for like a Storm Sniper or something. I think I redrilled 2 or 3 times because I kept on having to go up in size to find the size that would fit the screws. So that's one annoying thing about theirs... and mind you, I have a CM HAF X case, you'd think they would be universal for all of their cases...

Then comes the Xigmatek, which I put on the side of my case (I wanted some LEDs here and there) so I take the black CM out, and a pro and con here. The Xigmatek only has screw holes for one side, like, you can't put it do push air the way you want, so I'm stuck with it taking air out of the case by the GPU instead of bringing in cool air, but eh, I kind of like this more, it makes sense. On the other hand... it worked perfectly with the screw-hole size on the case. O.o

Same with the Xigmatek 140mm that I got for the back of my case. :P

So, in the end, I totally understand Fuzzy's "shoddy" word for 200mm fans. You'll probably be fine with the fans on your case, as I was, my want was simply for more lights, nothing really has changed, lol. Be prepared though, you may have to crack out a drill...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Think thats the other part of the reason I posted here lol maybe someone knows of a fan that will fit on this case ?
    I don't know of anyone that has that case to be honest, so I'm as good as useless. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I recently got a couple Cooler Master 200mm Red case fans and a 200mm Blue Xigmatek case fan. Not sure how much this will matter to you guys but...

I had to drill new screw holes for the CM fans on top of my case, because I guess they were meant for like a Storm Sniper or something. I think I redrilled 2 or 3 times because I kept on having to go up in size to find the size that would fit the screws. So that's one annoying thing about theirs... and mind you, I have a CM HAF X case, you'd think they would be universal for all of their cases...

Then comes the Xigmatek, which I put on the side of my case (I wanted some LEDs here and there) so I take the black CM out, and a pro and con here. The Xigmatek only has screw holes for one side, like, you can't put it do push air the way you want, so I'm stuck with it taking air out of the case by the GPU instead of bringing in cool air, but eh, I kind of like this more, it makes sense. On the other hand... it worked perfectly with the screw-hole size on the case. O.o

Same with the Xigmatek 140mm that I got for the back of my case. :P

So, in the end, I totally understand Fuzzy's "shoddy" word for 200mm fans. You'll probably be fine with the fans on your case, as I was, my want was simply for more lights, nothing really has changed, lol. Be prepared though, you may have to crack out a drill...
    This is how you SHOULD drill through metal or anything brittle anyway... since drilling straight away with the "correct"/"large" size often causes splintering. Also I wouldn't bother drilling... I'd take it into Novatech and get them to do it. At which point I suspect they'd just order a fan to fit, rather than make the case fit the fan.
    Desfinatly like I said though, I'd want the side fan brining in cooler air, since the front of the case is so close to the radiator, which in my room at uni is always on. since the window is right infront of me and isn't exactly one of those "keep heat in" type windows.

At home, our house is soo hot that we dont even use the heating in the winter (this is england remember!) so yeah...
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-06-26 at 03:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is how you SHOULD drill through metal or anything brittle anyway... since drilling straight away with the "correct"/"large" size often causes splintering. Also I wouldn't bother drilling... I'd take it into Novatech and get them to do it. At which point I suspect they'd just order a fan to fit, rather than make the case fit the fan.
    Desfinatly like I said though, I'd want the side fan brining in cooler air, since the front of the case is so close to the radiator, which in my room at uni is always on. since the window is right infront of me and isn't exactly one of those "keep heat in" type windows.

At home, our house is soo hot that we dont even use the heating in the winter (this is england remember!) so yeah...
    This was my first time using a drill (yeah, I'm almost 22 lololol) and it went fine. No reason to pay a store to do something you can so easily do yourself. =S
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This was my first time using a drill (yeah, I'm almost 22 lololol) and it went fine. No reason to pay a store to do something you can so easily do yourself. =S
    I wouldn't pay them lol :P They'd do for me for free 8-) but yeah... Firstly I don't have a small enough drill for this type of thing (all of mine are actually my dad's which are masonry drills used for building work.) And secondly, they should be able to source a fan that fits easily enough. Heck of alot easier than I can for sure.

But again anyway, I was wondering what 200mm fans people could reccomend, there doesn't seem to be much choice at all from what I can see.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 08:43 PM ----------

No one got any other suggestions for a 200mm fan for the
    in the UK?