Thread: [TV] True Blood

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Ginger and Pam are my favorite too, followed by Alcide/ Jason when they are shirtless :P

I'm gonna guess that the cure to Hep v is fairy blood, so i think Sookie is gonna die saving all vampires or she is turned into the female version of Warlow allowing her to survive being harvested for a cure :P Judging by all the deaths recently of main characters i'm gonna say her time is running out :S
    I think you're right. I think they're going to realize the cure just too late to save Eric, but just in time to save Bill, her one true love. Sappily predictable, imo.

If they wanted to make it a twist, it would be Adeline, because she's at least a full half-fairy, unlike Sookie, who last season was on the verge of losing her fairy-ness? Then they could at least have an interesting sub-plot of Andy being conflicted at giving his daughter up to save vampires, one of whom killed his other 3 daughters.

Although the cure should be more obvious, imo. Warlow's blood fucking let them walk in the daylight, for god's sakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the latest episode...

Someone needs to kill her already >.<

I mean, is Sarah Newlin really going to be the cure for Hep V? That just pisses me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, is Sarah Newlin really going to be the cure for Hep V? That just pisses me off.
    Nah.. I think she WAS the cure, but sister gave her the ole' nomnomnom treatment, now they're going to need to remake the cure out of her blood somehow, or find more of it somewhere.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

My main issue is that if there is a cure for Hep V that isn't magical or fae related, but scientific...how come no one else has been able to replicate it in the 6 months that've passed? Hepatitis is a fairly known disease, and certain types have had immunizations against them, and Hep V is supposedly a strain of Hepatitis....if there's a scientific solution, WTF? I always just assumed it was one of the uncurable-by-modern-science strains.

10+ Year Old Account
    ginger and eric...can't stop laughing :s

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    ginger and eric...can't stop laughing :s
    Eric and Pam have been the only good things this season...and for pretty much every season. That part was goddamn hilarious. The rest of the episode, utter bullshit as per usual.

Grats HBO, that's all anyone is going to remember from this bullshit final season.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sookie & Bill is the most boring part of True Blood.

so many characters should've been scrapped after the first & second seasons.
    Hi

Deleted
    Ginger having an orgasm after 10 seconds of Eric being in her was fucking amazing. I haven't laughed like that at True Blood in so long.

This show. WTF.

Is the finale really going to be about whether True Love will win over True Death? Does honestly anyone give a fuck about Bill and Sookie? Why couldn't Bill just say, "There is literally no future for you with me, Sookie, and you need to get over me. Plus, I'm tired of being a vampire and battling my good motivations and good human life versus the essential darkness involved with being a vampire, so I just want out"? There, I just summed up your motivations, but your big dumb face said "I can't even put it in words." Jesus.

Even Lafayette hasn't been that great this season, because he's been embroiled in two of the silliest fucking storylines ever, the whole Tara-we-need-closure-sideline (I mean...what was the point of that whole thing? To give the actors who played Tara, her mother, and her step-father some going-away work?), and breaking up one of Jess's relationships with a bi-vampire from the 60s who, BTW, isn't the same actor from last season, unless I'm totally off my fucking rocker. Just so she could fuck Jason for no reason so we could see the bizarre conclusion to the Violet storyline, and then go back to Hoyt? Hoyt?!? What? I'm not even gay and I might let Jason Stackhouse touch me inappropriately. And why is the fact that Andy had a faerie daughter who was born like, 7 months ago, not a story any more? Whose okay with that? Did she just stop aging when she was 17 (IE 1 month old)? What's the point of her? Shouldn't one of the last remaining fairies, and certainly one of the most pure halflings in the world, have more to do in this series than fuck her potential step-brother?

Best line of the episode, Pam saying (paraphrase, don't remember it fully) "I'm all for riveting drama and all that, but the Yakuza are upstairs, can we keep the volume down?" Fucking classic Pam. It's like they use Pam and Lafayette to parody how bad the show has gotten. And the sex scene with Ginger and Eric was more memorable than the one with Jess and Hoyt. I feel like I almost dozed through that whole storyline since it seems apparent Deb Woll isn't going to show more than side boob at this point.

Bring back Godric, ffs. At one point, I thought this series would eventually be about the whole theme of mainstreaming vs. Vamp supremacy, and Godric was this great character for vampires who believed they had lived too long in the darkness. Such potential, wasted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This show. WTF.

Is the finale really going to be about whether True Love will win over True Death? Does honestly anyone give a fuck about Bill and Sookie? Why couldn't Bill just say, "There is literally no future for you with me, Sookie, and you need to get over me. Plus, I'm tired of being a vampire and battling my good motivations and good human life versus the essential darkness involved with being a vampire, so I just want out"? There, I just summed up your motivations, but your big dumb face said "I can't even put it in words." Jesus.

Even Lafayette hasn't been that great this season, because he's been embroiled in two of the silliest fucking storylines ever, the whole Tara-we-need-closure-sideline (I mean...what was the point of that whole thing? To give the actors who played Tara, her mother, and her step-father some going-away work?), and breaking up one of Jess's relationships with a bi-vampire from the 60s who, BTW, isn't the same actor from last season, unless I'm totally off my fucking rocker. Just so she could fuck Jason for no reason so we could see the bizarre conclusion to the Violet storyline, and then go back to Hoyt? Hoyt?!? What? I'm not even gay and I might let Jason Stackhouse touch me inappropriately. And why is the fact that Andy had a faerie daughter who was born like, 7 months ago, not a story any more? Whose okay with that? Did she just stop aging when she was 17 (IE 1 month old)? What's the point of her? Shouldn't one of the last remaining fairies, and certainly one of the most pure halflings in the world, have more to do in this series than fuck her potential step-brother?

Best line of the episode, Pam saying (paraphrase, don't remember it fully) "I'm all for riveting drama and all that, but the Yakuza are upstairs, can we keep the volume down?" Fucking classic Pam. It's like they use Pam and Lafayette to parody how bad the show has gotten. And the sex scene with Ginger and Eric was more memorable than the one with Jess and Hoyt. I feel like I almost dozed through that whole storyline since it seems apparent Deb Woll isn't going to show more than side boob at this point.

Bring back Godric, ffs. At one point, I thought this series would eventually be about the whole theme of mainstreaming vs. Vamp supremacy, and Godric was this great character for vampires who believed they had lived too long in the darkness. Such potential, wasted.
    110% agree.

Especially with the bolded part. Godric was my favourite character. The flashbacks of him and Eric were amazing too.
    etc

It irritates me that (mostly) women are portrayed so that they never get over their "first love". Get over it, learn from it and move on, that's what happens in real life more often than not. It's just so god damn annoying to know that no relationship after the first one will matter because eventually they'll be written to end up again together with the first person unless they actually kill the other character. I think it just makes those women look weak and un-independent.

But that pretty much applies to every tv series where (sexual) relationships are a major focus.

It felt a bit weird that so little actually happened in the previous episode, so I don't know what to expect from the last one. Hopefully it's not some "fast forward" story about where people end up. But I guess the answer is just around the corner!

Yeah, last episode tonight. I have lower expectations for this than I did Dexter's finale, though Dexter's finale failed so spectacularly that I can't exactly see how this could be worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the only point of sookie was to make things drastically worse? :S Her only useful ability is to kill someone with her swirly ball of fairy doom and that can be achieved much more easily by any other weapon in the history of man...

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, this train wreck of a season is over. They should have just cancelled the show last year. This whole season was phoned in, by the writers most of all.

Not that this show was ever anything more than summer time camp. But at least it was fun camp for the most part.

Oh well, I suppose some people will like that it had a more or less happy ending. My happy ending was seeing Bill die. FINALLY! God, that character sucked. Not blood. Ass.

The only fun this season was Eric and Pam, and even they weren't all that compelling tonight. But I'd love to see a show centered on them. It'll never happen. But it would be fun.

Farewell, sweet Jessica. I have no desire to watch Daredevil, but I may tune in just to get my Deborah Ann Woll fix.

So long, Lafayette. You were always fun.

I'll even miss Andy, that big dumb oaf.

But this show was over long before it finally died.

Forgive me for unconstructive posting....but that was just shit.

That time could have been better spent freezing my balls and then slowly attacking them with a cheese grater as they defrost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the ending was pretty terrible, i only started watching trueblood a few months ago so the time invested was well worth it compared to people who had to wait years for it to conclude :P

Deleted
    True blood, gonna miss it, but this season was shit.

Sacrificed for GoT, but no worries GoT will die soon as well, it's becoming boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Sookie & Bill is the most boring part of True Blood.

so many characters should've been scrapped after the first & second seasons.
    Sookie and Bill are fine as characters. Though they should have let Sookie live up to her full potential.

They handled a faerie like she was some sort of clairvoyant.

-

I agree with most people though, Pam is amazing and she needs a spin off.

Wow, that finale was really painful to watch, the only entertaining scene was the one with Eric and Pam filming the New Blood commercial.
    Those two are the only characters that stayed amazing till the end.

Let's spend 40min of the final episode on some hastily thrown together wedding. I get it the reason for it, but I don't think it should have dominated the finale like that.

And the second to last episode, what the hell was that? 60min of "Jason don't have sex with this girl" that could have been spent, I dunno, on one of the many other characters!?

Pacing always seems like a shows biggest obstacle when coming to a close.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2014-08-25 at 04:06 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8