Which profession to take?

Let me first state that I haven't decided on a class to play yet but I'm leaning towards mage or warlock. However, I like to PvP & PvE but I also need a way to earn gold as well. Before you suggest making a "farming alt", I don't play alternate characters. I play one character and that's it. So I would like your personal opinions on which professions would best suit the following classes in any aspect of the game.

Mage: ?/?
    Warlock: ?/?
    Hunter: ?/?
    Rogue: ?/?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage/warlock = tailoring/enchanting or alchemy/herb
    Hunter = No clue really as skinning/leatherworking* not what it used to be, Alchemy/herb (can be useful to any class).
    Rogue = Alchemy/herb or Mining/jewel crafting

*Maybe someone can enlighten us both on Leather working

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    Mage/warlock = tailoring/enchanting or alchemy/herb
    Hunter = No clue really as skinning/leatherworking* not what it used to be, Alchemy/herb (can be useful to any class).
    Rogue = Alchemy/herb or Mining/jewel crafting

*Maybe someone can enlighten us both on Leather working
    I don't think Enchanting & Tailoring is very useful in PvP. Alchemy & Herbalism? Yes. Because of the self-heal + haste boost and because of Mixology.

Leatherworking/Skinning never seemed like a viable profession choice to me. Yeah, you can create your own armor which is nice but once you hit the level cap, you'll start getting better gear easily.

Jewelcrafting is definitely nice thanks to those Jewelcrafting-only gems. It's also one of the few professions that is always in demand because of the fact that people are always upgrading their gear. Mining doesn't seem to be all that profitable these days and the Stamina bonus isn't worth it alone but I know that having it definitely helps lower the cost of taking Jewelcrafting.