Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonk View Post
    Darksiders actually looked pretty good from the review I just saw. What can you guys tell me about it?
    great game. I finished it and I can say the story is very epic. You are War, one of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypsewho is betrayed by the High powers. You will fight the two sides, angels and demons. Really great game. Its exactly the Zelda game type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Dark Cloud 1 or 2 for PS2. Very fun game, and what eventually led me to WoW. Basically you have to rebuild the world.......you go into dungeons to find these items that allow you to actually rebuild each town you are in. You also get weapons that you can infuse with elements and eventually transform them into better versions.

It doesn't have the puzzle solving as much as Zelda did, but it's still very fun to play highly recommend.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHat system do you wanna play on?
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never been a huge fan of real time combat in RPGs outside of Zelda so I am not sure what else it out there with similar gameplay. Secret of Mana maybe? Kingdom Hearts and Okami are both amazing games as well and do not have turn based combat. KH is much more action focused with a bit of puzzle solving. Okami is more focused on puzzles with each boss fight boiling down to figuring out the trick to beating them (much like Zelda) over plain button mashing. Really, the only series that is like Zelda is more Zelda. If you have not played the DS ones, you should do so. Best use of the DS tech I have played and great games to boot.

As for simmilar levels of story/character driven games, I am a huge fan of the Squaresoft SNES and PS1 stuff (the company really went downhill when they merged with Enix) like Final Fantasy, (6 is by far my favorite with Tactics as a close 2nd, but anything up to 9 is good and 10 was ok) Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, Xenogears (amazing game), Breath of Fire and Vagrant Story. Hell, even Super Mario RPG was fantastic. One of the reasons I love my PSP is the ability to play many of these games on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    @ shemarra - /agree!

I'm a comic book geek AND I just LOVE art. (I'm a tattoo artist myself) So I've always admired Joe. His style is amazing!
    Joe Mad is my favorite comic artist. Why or why did he have to leave the industry and leave Battle Chasers unfinished?!?

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyTauren View Post
    Darksiders is an excellent game.
    So is Metroid Prime (the first one for GC, I haven't played the third one yet.)
    Third one is a bit more linear, but makes up for it with really fun gameplay.

A must get, imo....get the Prime Trilogy for Wii if you can find one...all 3 primes using the Prime 3 controls its AMAZING.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'd say FF6, you're probably gonna get mixed suggestions on FF, hehe.
    FFVI (FF III in the US) is among the best video games ever created. as an rpg fan you owe it to yourself to play thru this at least once. Final Fantasy IV, V and IX are a close second. You may also enjoy Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, and Crystalis (on the NES). and since Chrono Trigger isn't mentioned. PLAY IT NOW! =D

oh my god yes, Crystalis. JUST played this again the other day and I was so happy with how good it STILL is even though I hadnt played it in nearly 10 fuckin years. LOVE it.

If you liked zelda, you have to play metroid, nuff said. Metroid doesnt really have much for STORY but its puzzles and gameplay are a blast. Also, illusion of gaia which ltsmash recommended has a WICKED storyline, get that one for sure, its a snes game.

Also, for super nostalgia sake. play zelda 2 on the nes. Yes the sidescroller one. Its fucking awesome and I have no idea why they never did it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blonk View Post
    Do these even exist anymore? You know, a game where the story is incredibly driving, complete satisfying dungeons, acquire new items that let you access parts you previously couldn't for that nostalgia and "oh!" feeling, and a sense of accomplishment? I can't find this anywhere. Does anyone know of a secret gem I've never heard of? I've tried Nier, and it was a step in the right direction. However, it didn't feel fluid or make me familiar with any characters or give me a compelling story. On another note -- I've actually never played a Final Fantasy game. People have said before that it's similar, but in what way? I just imagine the turn-base stuff to be kinda ehh, but if the story is well-told and makes me feel accomplished maybe I can look into it.
    Portal is pretty similar to Zelda. You have to solve puzzles using your wits and your environment, and the story is pretty compelling (although its pretty "out there").

10+ Year Old Account
    Because walls of text are terrible and against the rules, I'm going off of face value here.

Terraria has most often been compared to as a 2D Zelda, give it a shot.
    ($10 on Steam)[Exclusive]

Edit:
    Because people love to call me on things-
    13. Posting guidelines
    This section involves all posting related guidelines.
    13.10. Formatting your post (aka no "Wall of text")

Paragraphs make reading a big post a lot easier. It's a small effort on your side as the poster to use your [ENTER] key to add spacing between paragraphs.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...efore-posting)
    Last edited by Doirdyn; 2011-06-28 at 03:30 AM.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

i would go with kingdom hearts it was a great game i never thought that id like it too cartoony and such but in teh end i was hooked i loved that game

darksiders. i'ts very derivative but it i'ts also a very fun game, for the most part.