Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    BC Set Design > all
    Really depends on class. Some of the BC sets were really amazing, but like... the Paladin ones were pretty much trash. T6 was decent, but T2/T3 were way better and even T10 imo.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

So exciiiiiiiited for everything...except the t12 druid chestpiece. Still disgruntled that it's not a robe, wtf.

I don't see how the patch can be this week when this is the announcement for the US maintenance...
    We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, June 28th. Maintenance will begin at 3:00 AM PDT and conclude at approximately 11:00 AM PDT. During this time, all realms and many web services will be unavailable. Thank you for your patience.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721373772

Is there a pronunciation guide for those new bosses or audio of Blizzard speaking their names?

15+ Year Old Account

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Puffpower View Post
    I don't see how the patch can be this week when this is the announcement for the US maintenance...http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721373772
    Which is the timeframe for an extended maintenance, which btw comes after 2 straight weeks of rolling restarts.
    Last edited by Mx; 2011-06-27 at 02:29 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury

There is ZERO cloth spirit gear that drops in Firelands. BLIZZ, FIX THE LOOT TABLE!!!

Gald to have you back BoubDo you think you could add any info you have (whether its just officail press releases or whatev) about the new Baradin Hold boss and the Thrall questline. Thank you.Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Really depends on class. Some of the BC sets were really amazing, but like... the Paladin ones were pretty much trash. T6 was decent, but T2/T3 were way better and even T10 imo.
    Good point. I probably should add that I speak from a Priest PoV. ^_^
    Classic Sets were nice, BC were awesome, Wrath were .. boring and cata is well T11 is nice, but T12 is like... eeeew....

Looking forward to Firelands! needed some new bosses to loot!

Deleted
    when will people finally understand, that they need to REFORGE spirit on theyr clothes? we dont want lk back, with spamming great healings without ever going oom! u can have enough spirit, so dont be this sissy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mx View Post
    Which is the timeframe for an extended maintenance, which btw comes after 2 straight weeks of rolling restarts.
    First off, that is not the time frame for an extended maintenance, this is the standard maintenance period for any server take down. The patch will not be this Tuesday. It has seen ZERO time on the background downloader and it's approx. a 2GB patch. At a minimum this patch will be on the background downloader for a week. Also, will the implementation of the wiping the trade in time on items during the maintenance will require that blizzard give several day notice on the patch, as not everyone logs in every day and checks the news.

If they do go live this week, Blizz would be making a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmah View Post
    First off, that is not the time frame for an extended maintenance, this is the standard maintenance period for any server take down. The patch will not be this Tuesday. It has seen ZERO time on the background downloader and it's approx. a 2GB patch. At a minimum this patch will be on the background downloader for a week. Also, will the implementation of the wiping the trade in time on items during the maintenance will require that blizzard give several day notice on the patch, as not everyone logs in every day and checks the news.

No point debating, we'll see tomorrow, then we can say I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmah View Post
    The patch will not be this Tuesday. It has seen ZERO time on the background downloader and it's approx. a 2GB patch. At a minimum this patch will be on the background downloader for a week. Also, will the implementation of the wiping the trade in time on items during the maintenance will require that blizzard give several day notice on the patch, as not everyone logs in every day and checks the news.

Your first 2 points here seem to hinge on 4.2 being 2GB. It is nowhere near 2GB. I have access to the 4.2 patch from Blizzard's own patch servers and it's about 409-414 MB with a roughly 5.34 MB tools patch. These are the same URLs that Boub would be talking about in his above post. While large it's not large enough to place a major strain on network infrastructure. With the streaming launcher you would only need to download a portion of this before getting into game so the background downloader isn't really needed for this.

You can not take the size of the PTR as a comparison. The PTR is meant as a permanent install so when you install it for the first time you are patching from 4.0.0. After that you are meant to just use the launcher to update it. If you haven't done the PTR for a while then it requires you to patch the older builds first. There's also no 14007 build patch files on the PTR so you can't do a direct size comparison that way either.

Your last point confuses me - why would they need to give advance notice of wiping the trade in time on items ? I've seen nothing in the patch notes about that. Besides Blizzard's never known to be hand holdiy about that sort of thing. If they were doing they would post something to the blog and/or the forums and too bad to anyone that's missed it. Look at the recent authenticator changes which were only on the forums - lot's of people missed that. Didn't stop Blizzard from doing it anyway _then_ putting up a post about it.
    Last edited by bluspacecow; 2011-06-27 at 04:52 PM.

My PTR just updated to 14333, bit late in the week to update the PTR with the release tomorrow guessed to be tomorrow.

I feel Enigmah is correct, this patch looks like it will go live in July.

yeah, lol, dont care tbh

Nice job on the boss layout. Thank you.

Isn't something "quite important" and long last wished feature by many players with patch 4.2 missing here ?

Or was that just scraped all along?

Character sorting!

can anyone shed some light as to where these 'dark places' are? my isp is planning downtime tomorrow, and I'd love to get the files now so I"m ready to go when my isp comes back online.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    There is ZERO cloth spirit gear that drops in Firelands. BLIZZ, FIX THE LOOT TABLE!!!
    You may also notice that there is also zero cloth HIT gear. Spirit and Hit will be obtained from your Tier gear, from crafted gear, or from other gear slots (neck, ring, weapon, etc).

Edit: forgot to mention reforging