Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Please let healers heal!

Let healers heal. I play with my druid and I had this situation many times, if the tank or others party members don`t wait for my healing and go fight with half hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still wait for healers to heal them up after fights? Food from a vendor fixes that : )
    Altho i have seen people just standing around while on half/low hp alot, they could make healers life easier by eating something lol.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

mage food is expensive yo XD

my advice:
    1. go kittyform
    2. then prowl
    3. watch them die
    4. make them run back
    5. ask them if they have learnt their lesson
    6. repeat 1-5 as necessary

Deleted
    so true, i play every healing class (all 85) and this is one problem they all have in common^^

if someone refuses to eat something the whole instance or after a wipe, i say to them: eat or will not get any heal

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing which buzzes me the most is the fact that players who are playing undead almost never use Cannibalize after the fight, and seeing how 90% of the mobs in instances are "eatable" they should do it always (I'm doing it always, got a bind for it even!).

An those lazy ass players who aren't eating after the fight, well they can go in battle with 50% HP I don't mind, but my heals sometimes tend not to land on them.

When I can sit and drink my mana back when necessary so can they for their HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    One trait I've noticed in many healers is that they are very vindictive. If you make their life hard purposely they write you off as unnecessary (which I support).

All hail our healers for they are life-givers.

If there are mages, save the healers some stress drop fewd.
    If there are no mages, no excuses food is cheap!

Maybe they just think your that good

If dps seem to think I am going to drink once or maybe twice after a bad pull and they wont eat or even worse a class that can heal wont top themselves off I just let them run in and die. The tank is pretty much the only person in the group that gets away with not healing themselves.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    As a healer, you pretty much have control over the entire group you know.

I frequently "teach" my groups how not to be an asshole/baddie/spacemonkey by action, as opposed to by words.

You wanna pull when my mana is low? Go ahead, let's see what happens.

Infact, earlier this day, there was this PvP decked out Warrior who was a total douche. Caused a wipe, and refused to run stating he was "too lazy". I refused to res, of course, but he was eventually ressed by another player.

So I decided to educate the poor fella. I didn't heal him so he died a few times and eventually splurted out "omfg why u dont heal???"

I simply answered: "too lazy".

I have 3 healing classes and i trully understand what u mean. When i play my 3 dps toons i eat my own food when im low in hp and never bother waiting for heal. Even my pally and dk tank i eat my food when heal needs to drink mana food. But when i heal i let ppl die who dont deserve to be healed; period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post

my advice:
    1. go kittyform
    2. then prowl
    3. watch them die
    4. make them run back
    Agree! I let them die then

This is totally one of my pet peeves! I honestly haven't seen one person eat after combat since the release of this expansion!!!! They just stand there like an idiot when I'm drinking mana. I just don't understand the mentality, I mean I'm sitting drinking everyone is waiting and they choose to just stand there and twiddle their thumbs. Arg

I don't even carry food on any of my toons, that's what healers are for

With the changes to healing in Cataclysm it really is a pain when the group just stands there and waits for you to heal them after a fight. Good food will heal you for ~100k hps in 30 seconds. It takes me several casts of my big, inefficient heal, to heal for that much or even more casts for my efficient heal. Either way I do it, it ends up being faster if the entire group eats rather than waiting for me to heal them. It's no long quick and cheap to top everyone off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always carry food regardless of the toon. My issue has been people just ignoring mob mechanics and expecting a healer to heal through the damage. Uh no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post

my advice:
    1. go kittyform
    2. then prowl
    3. watch them die
    4. make them run back
    Paladins: Sigh, why we no get to do this. Granted I CAN heal that much but if something goes to bullocks then they've put me in a tight spot.

Deleted
    Do what you can - if they rush without hp and you can make for it - do, if you can't - don't.
    You can tell them you had to pop cds etc and that other healers might have wiped on that so they better watch out next time.
    If you did wipe and they give you shit, explain what happened and if they are immature - they will give you more shit, which well - they're immature, what does it matter what they say? Report for any "retard" etc via ingame ticket.

Just ask them to wait next time because you feel uncomfortable. Don't be an ass just because you play with asses.

This is why I don't do RDF with my priest anymore

You gotta be careful "teaching" as a healer. I was in a dungeon on my death knight and the healer had such a huge case of self entitlement. My howling blast was pulling threat from the tank (even after waiting for him to get threat on everything) and so I was apparently "not doing my job as dps." Told him that it wasn't my fault I was pulling threat basically just by looking at the mobs, so he told me to not use my skills.

We eventually kicked him for complaining the entire 30 minutes we were in the dungeon and in general being a jackass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time I won't heal someone is if they're being an ass to me or another person in the party.

I have such high mana regen and 100k mana I don't mind popping a riptide and a healing wave on them, but that's all they get.

But like that person said up a few posts, healers are vindictive. I'd have to agree you piss us off (me for sure) we'll watch you slowly die and might heal you or might not.
    It's a sport for us. /hug your healers for we hold your life and your gold in our hands (repairs lol).