Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    So you're assuming? By dealing with NCsoft, you mean you've played their games or that you have actually talked to them (and I would assume you are talking about NCsoft West since the actual guys in Korea don't really speak English)? So if all you need to do is have played the game for a while, I can say I've dealt with Blizzard because I've played their games and therefore know all their development/marketing strategies ect?
    Here is what I know about NCSoft:
    1. They have said in press conferences they see cash shops as a good source of income
    2. They know GW2 is going to make a lot of money...just look at the hype on this one forum alone
    3. GW2 model will be B2P with "vanity" cash shops in the game. I saw what NCSoft considered vanity. There were VANITY items in Aion like lightsaber skins and what not. Well turns out you could skin these items to a BoE weapon and sell the skin. So essentially you paid NCSoft 10$ and could get one HELL OF A LOT of money in game selling the skins. It was basically legal RMT and NCSoft did nothing about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on playing SW:ToR. If the game is a total fail, I would go down with that ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I plan on playing SW:ToR. If the game is a total fail, I would go down with that ship.
    I seriously doubt it will fail. There has been just so much money thrown at it may do damn good that first month. Everyone is questioning the speed that they release future updates with full voice acting an that same polish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I seriously doubt it will fail. There has been just so much money thrown at it may do damn good that first month. Everyone is questioning the speed that they release future updates with full voice acting an that same polish.
    They already said they have some 10 year plan for the game. BioWare has probably taken into account that voice acting is time consuming and have figured something out. Whether this is true or not remains to be seen, of course.

I will buy ToR and play it from the beginning. Been waiting for the damn thing for 3 years plus. As for GW2, it looks interesting and has no monthly fee, so why not? Might buy it too. But won't dedicate much time to it that is for sure. And certainly won't get it at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. GW2 model will be B2P with "vanity" cash shops in the game. I saw what NCSoft considered vanity. There were VANITY items in Aion like lightsaber skins and what not. Well turns out you could skin these items to a BoE weapon and sell the skin. So essentially you paid NCSoft 10$ and could get one HELL OF A LOT of money in game selling the skins. It was basically legal RMT and NCSoft did nothing about it.
    All things purchased in GW1, CE Weapons or not (they suck hard btw) are Customized to that character (BoP) So only that character, and it's heroes can use it. Same thing goes for the costumes and the pet menagerie. The only other things you could buy from the store only affect the account it's purchased on. Extra Storage tabs in your vault, extra character slots (from just having the 3 campaigns you can only have a base number of 8 character slots) and skill unlocks.

GW2 will work differently of course, but it will hold on to the Bind on Pickup mentality that works in Western games.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

1. They have said in press conferences they see cash shops as a good source of income
    2. They know GW2 is going to make a lot of money...just look at the hype on this one forum alone
    1. There's no arguing this, it is a great source of income. Almost every subscription based MMO has adopted one to make additional revenue, and F2P games subsist off the money made from these shops.
    2. The Korean guys actually don't. They don't pay a whole lot of attention to how CoH/GW do, as long as they remain profitable.
    3. I don't really get your point here. It doesn't have any effect on the actual gameplay itself other than giving people with a ton of in game cash a way to blow it (doesn't ruin the economy). Again, NCsoft isn't dictating what ArenaNet will be selling in the cash shop. They might have some input, yes, but what actually goes in is up to ArenaNet.

Deleted
    Being a Vet used to be special and fairly unique.

But MMOs now have become a mass market (thanks to WoW). So no matter what you do, 10.000 other people will be doing it too and half of them will be a lot more hardcore than you.

Deleted
    I'll pick up GW2 the day it comes, if it's possible.
    If it releases Q1 - Q2 of 2012, that's too bad for me.
    I'll be having lots of fun in the military during that time... sigh.

GW2 for sure, SW:ToR looks like shit to me, the combat system alone makes me want to kill myself -.-
    Oh hi

I'm not playing to be a 'veteran' just playing because I want to.
    Don't you have anything better to do? Like, seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'm not playing to be a 'veteran' just playing because I want to.

Don't you have anything better to do? Like, seriously...
    Pretty sure I have been relatively constructive in this thread. You guys are not real big fans of people asking questions that doubt the success of these games huh?

Pretty sure I have been relatively constructive in this thread. You guys are not real big fans of people asking questions that doubt the success of these games huh?
    This is how you are constructive?

If you play GW2 or SWToR on launch day you are asking to hate the game. The hype on these two games has reached "full retard" levels and you never go full retard. If you do buy them then do not even bother trying to login for atleast a week.
    That's not being constructive or asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. There were VANITY items in Aion like lightsaber skins and what not. Well turns out you could skin these items to a BoE weapon and sell the skin. So essentially you paid NCSoft 10$ and could get one HELL OF A LOT of money in game selling the skins. It was basically legal RMT and NCSoft did nothing about it.
    Meanwhile in WOW people sell BOE TCG items for hundreds of thousands of gold, and that's not against Blizzards ToS.

You are so constructive. *eye-roll*

10+ Year Old Account
    well he's right in being cauteous about ncsoft, however, it would be very stupid for NC (and they know it) to force their hand on GW2. The game is designed for the western market, and eastern style game are totally different. NCSOFT is huge in the eastern MMO scene, and does a great job there. If they let arenanet do their thing, they can become huge in the western mmo scene too.
    If they realize this, GW2 will be awesome.

GW2: The big flaw I see if they are challenging pretty much 15 years of how MMO's are done. The assumption is they can have all those great graphics...with no lag...no conflicts of people on the same dynamic quest....and push out updates at a Blizzard/Trion pace while doing it all for free. This is another one where I will wait and see.
    Server upkeep cost next to nothing when compared to few years back.
    Regardless, GW2 will make profit through box sales and cash shop. They said that GW1 cash shop was much more successful than they first anticipated.

They can push free updates and $ expansions at the same pace as Tirion/Blizz/Whatever without a problem. They made profit with expansions and shop with first game, and it's still around and people play it. Some of the major content updates were just recently.

It's the biggest project of ArenaNet up to date, they increased the number of staff by 300% and moved to bigger place just recently.. there's too much money and it's what ArenaNet is all about, wouldn't make sence for them to fall behind @ anything, especially content updates.

There's a 2nd team working on first GW2 expansion few months already...
    Last edited by Lefuu; 2011-06-27 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    There's a 2nd team working on first GW2 expansion few months already...
    Sauce?

And letters.

15+ Year Old Account
    I might give W40K: Dark Millenium a try once it comes out, but with virtually no info known and a projected release date of 2013 it'll be some time. If they can make it work though, it'll be so grand.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Sauce?

And letters.
    Interwebz, if you followed GW2 you would know, cba to look for it sry.. check gw2guru, it's been mentioned few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    GW2 for sure, SW:ToR looks like shit to me, the combat system alone makes me want to kill myself -.-
    You must not cherish your life by just throwing it away for something like that, lol j/k

Anyways for me, i can only handle one game and devote most of my gaming time towards it. And that game is SW:TOR, from what i've seen there's so much to do so i'll spend my time progressing through the content. If i choose to level all the classes just for story it would probably take me over a year to do by just doing that (playing 4 hrs a day which is alot for me personally maybe 2 hrs on avg might take me 2 years =O ) but i'll definitely play GW2 since there's no sub and play it casually, plus i heard that it's pretty easy to hit max level so should be easy to level up and just pvp when i feel like. As for TERA, i don't know much on it so can't say much about it, but i probably won't play it due to time constraints and me playing two great games already.

I live to cleanse the galaxy of all Republic scum for my great Emperor