Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So is Foul gift of the demon>DMCV?

if so grrr i hate mastery proc trinkets.

Not sure if its been talked about yet, but i had a question about the 4T13. Should i be moving between casts to proc more appirations? Is the extra dps worth it to move between the casts even?

10+ Year Old Account
    Move during GCD cd f you can manage it. Don;t move otherwise always cast if you can or move if you can't

Insignia of the Corrupted Mind 410 - 801.56
    Cunning of the Cruel 397 - 808.00
    Is it true? I can imagine how normal version of Insignia of the Corrupted Mind is worse than Cunning, but heroic?
    Last edited by Wilko1989; 2011-12-26 at 01:49 PM.

How is that, that H2Priest strongly prefers Mastery over Haste items and reforging into haste in BiS??? I kinda dont understand it, since in your table of stats and grapsh says haste is best.

http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=946
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarragon
    Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    How is that, that H2Priest strongly prefers Mastery over Haste items and reforging into haste in BiS??? I kinda dont understand it, since in your table of stats and grapsh says haste is best.

http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=946
    Read the orange text ^_^

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Yes, but it says that haste will be still best, but it rate higher mastery items..thats why i am confused.

Deleted
    Thanks very much for this threath!!
    Keep it up!

Yes, but it says that haste will be still best, but it rate higher mastery items..thats why i am confused.
    Hes been on vacation and we are in the process of changing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is simming higher than haste at higher gear levels, but even when it outweighs haste, I am doubting we would dump our haste for it.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

My question is this. I have the T13 4piece and I am curious what the haste breakpoints are (if any worthwhile) above 2200 haste with Dark Intent.

I have 2893 haste at current and have DI in every raid. So my question is with the 4piece bonus from T13 is what are the breakpoints between 2200 - 3000 haste.

From the testing I have done thus far just watching World of Logs attempts on heroic Ultraxion 25man with my current gear setup/reforge setup , doing the normal rotation or going mindspike-mindblast-applydots during each shadowfiend uptime it seems to essentially just be a wash in terms of damage output. Neither really comes out ahead.

So taking the current information if I met the significant breakpoints with haste around the level I am current, would dropping 3-4-500 haste increase the shadowfiend(mindspike/mindblast) cooldown timing enough to warrant that big of a change.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Basically, right now with really high gear Ilvl in "theory" mastery sims a little bit higher than haste due to the 4pc t13. But of course this is all in theory right now, meaning sims and what not. However in most cases in practice, meaning in game and on a single target boss haste is still giving the highest dps out put, due to the nature of what the stat actually does. All of this is still in the early stages of being tested with. We arnt going to know for a while with a definite answer(mathematically and in game logs) till people start to reach close to a bis gear setup. And being capable of messing with those stats. But for right now, I say keep with what you've been doing, haste>crit>mastery with 2pc t12 and vplc and go haste > mastery> crit once you get 4 pc t13.

Hi guys, I was wondering what I should do when i have reached a serten level of haste, I have 37,05% (3422) raw haste. And know i don't know if I should continue to go for haste or if I should go after another stat like mastery or crit? Only have 15,46% crit and i feel like i'm not critting verry often, or is mastery better then crit? Thanks for a good guide!

Deleted
    Given the discussion about MF clipping (not sure if it was in this thread or another) ended up asserting that clipping MF with another MF at any point after the first tick netted the same dps with a minor mana cost, would it be worthwhile only allowing your MF to tick once at the very start of a fight if you have Will of Unbinding? Because it only stacks on each spell cast (MF ticks after the 1st not counting as separate spells), this would mean it would stack up quicker. Obviously this wouldn't make a lot of difference in the long run, but given the amount of debate over openers, I thought I would just put it out there.

That could probably help just a little but that sort of dps gain is negated so quickly by any minor mistake that I don't really worry about things like that.

Also worth nothing; I've tried clipping flay for flay and noticed a very minor difference. While it is theoretically ideal I have decided not to use it and only clip for other spells. I've been playing shadow so long I've next to perfected flay refreshes to the point where I wouldn't want to change anything.
    Last edited by nadrii; 2011-12-29 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Yes, the mechanics of DP is such that re-casting it is not a dps loss. The opposite in fact, it is quite often a dps gain to re cast it early. So extending the time between recasting it by getting an extra tick does not result in any dps increase. However...

There might be some mild benefit when multi-dotting by having the longer value, and on principle you don't want to drop too much haste, even when simcraft tells you to. By staying around 2300 or so, it's just making sure you don't take away so much haste that you have problems generating shadow orbs and the like.
    Thanks again for all your work and advice. Would you say then, that (in general) if you can reach 2737 Haste, but not 3202, it is still better to go for 2589 Haste and reforge the rest to Mastery until you can get to 3202 Haste despite the extra tick of DP you can get (I don't always get DI)?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    Mastery is simming higher than haste at higher gear levels, but even when it outweighs haste, I am doubting we would dump our haste for it.
    Ok, thanks guys, keep on good work

Hi Zarqa, thank you for your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarqa View Post
    Thanks again for all your work and advice. Would you say then, that (in general) if you can reach 2737 Haste, but not 3202, it is still better to go for 2589 Haste and reforge the rest to Mastery until you can get to 3202 Haste despite the extra tick of DP you can get (I don't always get DI)?
    With the 4-piece t13 set bonus, simcraft says this will work. Whether it works in practice... I'm not sure. I haven't had a lot of time to test it.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Sorry, if this has been asked before, with 4 pc t13, during lets say blood lust or a burn phase of a boss, is it betetr to spam MS and Mb or go with your usual rotation?

I don't think that it's going to be a major dps up, during high burst phase it's going be ok to use MS, especially on hagara stun phase. Not sure about zonoz thou, because phase lasts longer than fiend and you need to stack you buffs up on the second part of the phase.

Normal Vagaries or Rathrak? How often Rathrak proc's?