Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acoolnamehere View Post
    lol, "If you believe your account was compromised, please submit an in-game petition..."

well how the hell u supposed to do that if u got banned??? ;p
    Your comment is the reason why I want /favorites for comments =)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Nah, even if they reported you. they need some sort of ''offensive abuse'' to do that

They have nothing on you obviously

''Ban her for ONLY SHOWING UP FOR RAIDS!''
    GM: What?
    They could have wrote tickets saying I sold my account because I did give the only non a hole in that guild all my Cata mats because I was quitting. I came back after 2 months they could have been pissed.
    Last edited by aqthedruid; 2011-06-28 at 04:04 AM.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    This is incorrect, they ban people ALL THE TIME without evidence and they un-ban them with a simple phone call once they look at the logs of what you do

The source is red flags

If a large amount of gold is processed within your toon that triggers a red flag

The evidence isn't there, it's just automated. Whatever AQ did or what, obviously it had nothing to do with gold seeing how this person doesn't even have chunks of gold or not even remotely close to 10ks within each of her/his toons
    Bought multiple items for over 100k gold before, and mailed large amounts of gold between my chars and I've never been banned, seem's a rather random system.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    They could have wrote tickets saying I sold my account because I did give the only non a hole in that guild all my Cata mats because I was quitting. I same back after 2 months they could have been pissed.
    They vertify your transactions

Would be unlikely if you had the same credit card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker View Post
    I said better for customer satisfaction, not better at preventing hijacked accounts. I don't care if all it took me was a phone call to get it undone. It would involve taking the time to do that, which isn't always easy when you have a kid at home like I do, and I'd also always be worried then that would be a strike on my account even if they claimed otherwise and if the issue was supposedly cleared up. I don't trust them to clear it up. I don't trust them to do much of anything right, really.

Having transactions get flagged isn't necessarily a problem in and of itself. It's the auto-banning that's the problem. Taking a few hours to investigate isn't likely to destroy the entire economy of the server. I'd like to know what percentage of flagged transactions are actually hijacked accounts and which are legitimate transactions.
    Great news, you dont have to call them. You could also email them. While it will take longer for you to get your account back, all you have to do is type up an email.

But if you have time to play WoW, you also have time to call up Blizzard. As a mater of fact, I believe it takes more attention to play the game, then to talk on the phone.

As far as the black mark or strike on your account, there is none if you are found innocent. The auto ban is very necessary, as it lessens the clean up needed if found the account was in fact doing something wrong. Is it more difficult on that one person thats innocent? Yes, by far. Is it easier for everyone else and the game in general? Yes.

I have no idea how many accounts are banned per hour, and nor do you. All you see is the occasional person jumping on the forums saying they were banned for this or that. So your idea of just taking a few hours per account before removing them from the game before the ban, is just silly.

They could have wrote tickets saying I sold my account because I did give the only non a hole in that guild all my Cata mats because I was quitting. I same back after 2 months they could have been pissed.

Blizzard does not just take in reports at someones word. They look at the records. If you were reported for something, and its true, they have records. If you didnt do something, the records will prove that your innocent. You just cant lie about someone in a report just to get them banned.

*The silly text box changed the font. Sorry for the funky changes
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2011-06-28 at 04:01 AM.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

This just happened to me, about 30 minutes ago.

I've been playing all day, I sold one auction today for 1,200 gold. (Spiritcaller Cloak)

I have never had my account compromised nor do I sell/buy gold. I've also never got a warning on my account.

Seems kind of bullshitty to me. I know people who exploit all day and only get a slap on the wrist, but I get completely banned for obviously exploiting the economy. I have 200 gold in my bags and I've been logged in the entire day.

Blizzard is a bunch of fucking idiots.

***Notice of Account Closure***

Account Name: ***********

Reason for Closure: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy

This account was closed because one or more characters were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy.

Even if this is the result of account sharing, the account owner can still be held responsible for the penalty because of the impact it had on the game environment.

We've found the above behavior is many times directly related to groups responsible for compromising World of Warcraft accounts; we take these issues very seriously. To better understand our position against exploitative activity and the risks involved, please review this article: *****

The exploitative activity that took place on this account violates the World of Warcraft Terms of Use. We ask you take a moment to review these terms at ****. Note that additional Terms of Use violations may result in more severe actions against this account, up to and including permanent closure.

If you believe your account was compromised, please submit an in-game petition or fill the contact email form at ****. Our support staff will assist you as soon as possible. If you are unable to access your account due to the password being changed, please visit our Login Support site here: ******

For any disputes of this action or further information on Exploitive Activity, please visit the Exploitative Activity FAQ and contact page here: ********

Regards,

Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment

Trading someone a large amount of mats could of triggered it I guess.

damn that sucks getting your account banned. mine was recently hacked (stupid keylogger. been 2 years since I been hacked ) right after I quit for awhile and now I wanna go back for 4.2 and I gotta go through all this paperwork to get it back (I don't like caling companies up on the phone so I do it this way) and now I'm waiting on day 2 (now finished) for them to get a reply back to me for me to know if I need to fill out yet more stuff, again, or if I can finally add game time and play their game.

gl getting your account back tho. I doubt they will perma-ban you for it unless this happens often.

I always did like how it says. "if you believe your account was compromised, please submit an in-game petition" but i'm banned how would i fill out one -_-
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Trading someone a large amount of mats could of triggered it I guess.
    That was like 3 months ago. If it was that Blizz is slow.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Quote Originally Posted by cailburst View Post
    Same thing happened to me, i called and called but the GM that reviewed my situation was sure im a BOT. When i finally got another GM to see my situation he cancelled the ban immediately.

They wont give you an explanation, they will tell you they can´t for security reasons or whatever.

I never did anything of that sorts either. They day i got banned i was fishing for the guild fishing achievement, like for 8 hours xD. Seems i was a BOT for fishing all that time :P.
    some GM's just need to be fired.
    I had the same problem with my account.
    I got my account back, but one of my characters were missing, and a GM was like: "oh sorry can't do anything about it cya"
    talked with a 2nd GM and he got my char and all the stuff back in 10 minutes.

Some GM's just don't care at all, and they don't even think about that someone is loyal to them and we are paying a subscription for 5 years, and they just can't help us when we are in trouble...
    Stop standing in fire...

Quote Originally Posted by DroodBoyGucci View Post
    This just happened to me, about 30 minutes ago.

I've been playing all day, I sold one auction today for 1,200 gold. (Spiritcaller Cloak)

I have never had my account compromised nor do I sell/buy gold. I've also never got a warning on my account.

Seems kind of bullshitty to me. I know people who exploit all day and only get a slap on the wrist, but I get completely banned for obviously exploiting the economy. I have 200 gold in my bags and I've been logged in the entire day.

Blizzard is a bunch of fucking idiots.
    That is freaking stupid.

I did win a greed roll on that strength mace BoE in ZA and I had it on the AH for about 3k.

That was like 3 months ago. If it was that Blizz is slow.
    Well, atleast for botters they make a list over a period of a few months and then ban them all together, and the fact theres two people in this thread banned at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Distiller View Post
    maybe you bought/sold gold and thats the result of it ? *gg* cause its really rare that they ban without real evidence.
    I got banned yesterday for botting bg's when i was infact playing my toon, i was doing chain EotS and just defending BE tower and some dbags reported me afk over and over. I got kicked from the bg then d/c with the ban message. I called Blizz but they said i had to talk to gm ingame and i was like wtf i cant log in to do that RAGE RAGE RAGE on phone. I had to wait 3 hours to get it fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Xayne View Post
    I got banned yesterday for botting bg's when i was infact playing my toon, i was doing chain EotS and just defending BE tower and some dbags reported me afk over and over. I got kicked from the bg then d/c with the ban message. I called Blizz but they said i had to talk to gm ingame and i was like wtf i cant log in to do that RAGE RAGE RAGE on phone. I had to wait 3 hours to get it fixed
    Damn that sucks

The only other thing I can think of is that I have been flying/swimming between Uldum, Deepholm and Vash'jir all day.

I got the addon NPC Scan and deleted my cache. I don't know if this triggered anything, but I've been looking for those damn mounts for 8 hours.

I don't know. I would say fuck it and stop playing WoW, as the game is shit anyways, but I've spent way to much money on this game to let them win.

My friend got banned like this a few weeks ago, but she was moving large sums of gold between her own characters. She got it unbanned but it's a little silly that moving gold between toons can be deemed suspicious when they're all on the same battle.net account lol

"But if you have time to play WoW, you also have time to call up Blizzard. As a mater of fact, I believe it takes more attention to play the game, then to talk on the phone. "

Ahh, someone without kids, or without kids who have a built-in sensor that detects when you're actually talking to other people and insist on screaming into the phone or at the person to whom you're talking just to make sure the entire planet knows they exist and can make noise.

As to your claim there's no black mark - do you work for Blizzard? How do you know with certainty? That's like the people who claim the new "smart" authenticator system actually works better and is more secure, yet they have no detailed knowledge of how it actually works. I. Don't. Trust. Blizzard. Period. I don't trust them to be accurate in keeping records, in banning accounts, in keeping track of the strikes on said accounts. So I'd rather stay under the radar and never get flagged for anything.

There was an interesting thread yesterday on Reddit I think that real GMs from the game responded in, talking about how they have *all* our game logs going back to the launch of the game. So yeah, my belief that they actually purge any false claims against our accounts isn't very high at the moment. I'd be willing to bet gold those stay on record somewhere, and even if you didn't do anything wrong, if another instance comes up it might make you look even worse, especially to the types of GMs that people have mentioned above.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DroodBoyGucci View Post
    The only other thing I can think of is that I have been flying/swimming between Uldum, Deepholm and Vash'jir all day.

I got the addon NPC Scan and deleted my cache. I don't know if this triggered anything, but I've been looking for those damn mounts for 8 hours.

I don't know. I would say fuck it and stop playing WoW, as the game is shit anyways, but I've spent way to much money on this game to let them win.
    That wouldn't trigger anything

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    He probably done something that he doesn't remember or not know yet, just leave him be till he talks to Blizz to see whats up.