Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well technically you can't really do the AQ40 version, not only is it too big in scale but the lore behind it wouldn't match up. AQ20 maybe if the Silithids were to rise again as part of a future content patch involving the next Old God.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    Id like to see both return, AQ20and AQ40, but AQ 40 has a problem of being big, theres something like 7-8 bosses, i think they could split AQ into 3 dungeons, kinda like wings( Icc Dungeons), a quest series takes us through one area and then leads onto the next instance much like ICC did, with the final possibly going even deeper into Cthun. I never understood why there wernt any Twilight hammer inside the raids, or faceless, blizz could add them in as they try to rezz Cthun. This could also open up and area outside for questing. Cenarion Circle, bronze dragons or even a new faction could be added for them.
    Fixed and just no for the rest. Let AQ rest in the ruins it is and be done. There is no reason to keep bringing back dead raids. It makes for a bad gaming experience and Blizzard constantly goes back on their word on things like when they said that if they were going to ever change raids again they would keep an option to retain them as it used to be but that clearly didnt work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't object to a brand new dungeon done in the AQ style. Let's crack open some more of that vast temple complex.

Hey, according to AskDev, AQ used to be a Titan facility. Wouldn't it be cool to explore some part the Qiraji hadn't been able to get to? Could AQ have one of those Archivum chambers like Uldum and Ulduar? I wonder what it might have to tell us...

No no...its gotta be Karazhan! That would be nice as a revamped 5hc (or make two or three parts out of it)

I don't mind recycled content as long as it's like "Ok we got a couple new raids and some new 5 man dungeons, but since we have some extra time left we will make [Insert dungeon here] into a level 85 heroic 5 man because we would have to delay the patch if we opt for a whole new dungeon.

I think it only got its own zone because now you can fly in Azeroth, and they can't wall off the area, or just fill it with mountains. I honestly would love to see an AQ HEROIC. MOAR OLD GOD STUFF PL0X

The next few patches shall contain (what i believe) the following encounters - Rise of C'thun, war of ancients (5man hc)+Deathwing and then N'zath. So maybe AQ can become a 5man + raid along with c'thun.

do read: http://www.wowwiki.com/N%27Zath

f
    yi- blizz never specified that deathwing will be the final guy, and its not obvious, who helped deathwing get back? who helped the twilight hammer? (N'zath/c'thun imo) both seem to hve tentacles.
    Last edited by obscurede; 2011-06-28 at 05:16 PM.
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only no, but f*** no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    It would fit perfectly with Cataclysm considering Cho'gall probably finally successfully resurrected C'Thun and got corrupted (note the eyes and tentacles).
    Medan prevented C'Thun's ressurection by Cho'gall's hands during the comics.

Aside from C'thun and the Twin Emperors, AQ40 was as boring as Molten Core, in terms of both bosses and design. If they did revamp the place, they'd pretty much have to go the ZG route and give us a completely different experience, or it wouldn't be anywhere near their modern content standard. But the zone would still be boring as hell to run through.

On the other hand, the new-old outdoor AQ zone could make a very cool daily zone. And Silithus was inexplicably untouched by Cataclysm's release despite the fact that it's crawling with the expansion's main bad guys, so it seems likely that we'll see new stuff there at some point before the end.

I wouldn't mind. I've never been in AQ.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OH GOD NOT THE EYE WIPES OMG OMG OMGASIUHSD-*words become ireprable*
    -(Hell) No.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Thatd be neat. Twas long, yet somewhat amusing.

Though i highly doubt of all things to redo, ahnqiraj will be the one.

You know what, I've thought about it, and i don't care anymore. If reusing old zones is what it takes for them to produce content on a reasonable fucking schedule, fine. Waiting 7 months for a 7 boss raid after sitting on t10 for a whole year is unacceptable, and pisses me off way more.

Sad that this is what it has come too.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moocowfrakmilk View Post
    You know what, I've thought about it, and i don't care anymore. If reusing old zones is what it takes for them to produce content on a reasonable fucking schedule, fine. Waiting 7 months for a 7 boss raid after sitting on t10 for a whole year is unacceptable, and pisses me off way more.

Sad that this is what it has come too.
    People like you is what's killing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurede View Post
    The next few patches shall contain (what i believe) the following encounters - Rise of C'thun, war of ancients (5man hc)+Deathwing and then N'zath. So maybe AQ can become a 5man + raid along with c'thun.

do read: http://www.wowwiki.com/N'Zath

f
    yi- blizz never specified that deathwing will be the final guy, and its not obvious, who helped deathwing get back? who helped the twilight hammer? (N'zath/c'thun imo) both seem to hve tentacles.
    I think Blizzard specified enough by making him the main character in this expansion and exaggerating that the Deathwing fight will be the best encounter they have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Medan prevented C'Thun's ressurection by Cho'gall's hands during the comics.
    That may been true but what stopping Cho'gall doing it again after Medan left the area.

Quote Originally Posted by DownButStillOut View Post
    OH GOD NOT THE EYE WIPES OMG OMG OMGASIUHSD-*words become ireprable*
    -(Hell) No.
    My thoughts exactly!!

they said it shall be the best fight ever, but thats from the games perspective. I dont find any place where nzath could possibly fit in other than for the rise of Deathwing.........best fight neednt be the last boss.

We had onyxia, neafrian and other dragon fights, this could pave a way for the rest of the bosses to be fought.
    MOAR CHOCOLATE