Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    I sure hope so, I haven't found the first one to be frightening at all.

I'll be sure to get amnesia: the dark descent, thanks guys.
    You probably wouldn't find the 2nd one scary either. Whenever you're given a gun it kinda kills the chance of scaring you.

Deleted
    manhunt was preety disturbing too

Phantasmagoria!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amnesia: The Dark Decent. FEAR and Dead Space are pathetic in the horror genre.

Definately Amnesia. Nothing else has come close for me.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent for sure. I've played tons of horrors but none top this sucker.

Amnesia seems to be a favourite. I'm one for horror films but maybe not horror games, definitely won't be touching it myself, at least not at the moment.
    But I've done a lot of browsing and watched a lot of clips and I see why it's got good feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Phantasmagoria!
    Heh hehe, I remember watching Lets Plays on this game, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    ALIENS VS PREDATOR - as the marines.
    Agree - If you are thinking of the First version. Not the best gfx as we see today, but one hell of a gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    This. OVER. AND. OVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    Amnesia: The Dark Decent. FEAR and Dead Space are pathetic in the horror genre.
    Monster that cant see you when you are crouching behind little box are imo much more pathetic.

I don't know amnesia but what I've seen and heard it seems really scary when playing it alone.
    From what I've played it has to be Dead Space 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silent Hill 1+2 (uncut version) Those Babyghosts in the School are damn scary. The third game aint that scary imo.

Alone in the Dark (4) - you run pass a corner feel save and then a ugly beast jumps on your back from the direction you just came....

Fatalframe aka Project Zero - the first Game was awesome scary but the second topped everything. I still refuse continuing my savegame

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Monster that cant see you when you are crouching behind little box are imo much more pathetic.
    Except, you can't fight back. Being cautious of your surroundings and hiding is the way to survival. Having a weapon instantly kills any part of a game to be scary.

Deleted
    Video games don't scare me anymore, which is unfortunate, atmospheric creepyness used to be part of the appeal.

Then again, there's hello kitty online..

Deleted
    I think Silent Hill, can't remember which one, scared me the most. I only played a demo of it too lol.

Still, some things get to scare me even in some peaceful games like WoW, for example when old Darkshore existed there were these statuetes in the north that you could take and as I quested and found them I took some, and at one that phantom saber spawned behind my char and roared. I jumped from the keyboard at that point since I wasn't expecting that, it was peaceful music, had killed all naga and this crazy cat attacks me out of nowhere. I also sometimes get the creepers in games that have enemies jump on you from shadows in times of peace. I mean when the music is scary or it's silent I know what to expect so I don't get scared but when there's birds singing and some creature falls from the sky... yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    Except, you can't fight back. Being cautious of your surroundings and hiding is the way to survival. Having a weapon instantly kills any part of a game to be scary.
    I wouldnt have anything against hiding if it was done the right way, but in amnesia it was just stupid.
    I once ignored the "insanity while looking on monster" thing while i was crouching behind box and there it was, standing, looking at me and sniffing the air like it would help. Sorry but monster that cant see (or even smell) shit just cant scare me.
    If you want hiding simulator, try Silent Hill: Shattered Memmories.

Deleted
    Alien vs predator as a marine, try doing super hard mode or wtv it is f*ck*ng scary!! bioshock, half life epi 1 the zombie part omfg.... i still haven't managed to play that without using the cheat to put the rooms with light and i can't remenber anything else...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    the only game i never finished, because every time I try to play it I freak out more than this guy.

I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.