63 49.22%
  • Wii

12 9.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wii for me,

1. it's the best console to play while drunk with friends
    2. old snes and nes games!
    3. I play my serious games on pc, not console.

all the answers here in this thread are subjective, including mine

Quote Originally Posted by drmadhatter View Post
    My son has is own pc to screw things up but my wife wants him to be active.
    Try sports, preferably something involving team play.

Back on topic: XBOX (although PS3 is a close second)

Lol console games. Where is N64, thats the obvious winner. Or maybe snes
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

Deleted
    Wii beats the Xbox & PS3 In sales.
    I find that games have really dictated the champion of these two systems, not the specs.
    Xbox has a superior CPU, while the PS3 has a superior GPU.
    In this generation currently, the Xbox has had It's 99.9% juice squished out, and the PS3 has like 97.9%

From recent on-going reports the Xbox 720 has been In development since 2006, Hopefully to avoid the RROD disaster again, though PR bull spectates 10 years Is the cycle of life, would people really buy a-new console In the coming months when they know the next console Is out next year? I think not.
    I say Xbox is my picking, but If Microsoft keep this Kinect thing up for the 3rd year at E3 I'm raging >.> Though It's a advancement, Gaming will be and not always will be about the hand control, 30 years time we'll see virtual reality, and If Nintendo take this gimmick fully, we'll have are very own Pokemon. = D

Quote Originally Posted by Killadeath View Post
    If Nintendo take this gimmick fully, we'll have are very own Pokemon. = D
    Score!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God income a console wars fight ._.

OT: I prefer PC

I don't like XBOX cause I don't like MS. And there're more games on PS3 than on Wii. So I choose PS3.

Deleted
    Myself I went with Ps3,
    Blu-ray Player, Easy comfortable Controller. Main con for PS3 is its price, but that already went down a couple of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS3 is the best one imo, so voted that. However, seeing as you got a kid, maybe the Wii is better for you/them.

Deleted
    How can so many people ignore OP's question? Really, take your time and read through the question before starting the rant.

How old is your kid? What kind of games does he generally play on his computer?

I wouldn't just say "Get the Wii because it's for kids" or "Get a Playstation triple / Xbox circle because the others suck" since that doesn't contribute anything to the thread really. I bought a Wii the winter it was released and I enjoyed it quite alot. Even the Wii Sports game is alot of fun if you're really going for it and not just tilt your wrist.

Or just tell him to go out.

Deleted
    ps1

the rest are fucking pc hybrids

Deleted
    I don't own either of the three consoles, yet I voted PS3. Why? Simply enough, it has the same or similar third party support as the 360 and is equipped with better hardware. The Wii can't contend on those terms.

The Wii does possess something the other two lack though: A genuine feeling that it is a console you can bring to a party.

15+ Year Old Account
    ps3, simply because free online play and it comes with Blu-Ray player.

Deleted
    PS3

Only reason I'd want a console instead of a PC is because of exclusive games, and the 360's library is just laughable

It depends on what kind of games your son plays. (you didnt mention age) If you're going for primarily rpgs, there are actually more coming out for the handheld systems anymore than on the tv consoles but of the three you named, I believe Xbox 360 has the most.

They all have their own versions of the motion control feature now but Wii's doesn't require you to buy an accessory to use it. Wii and PS3 both have the option to pay to download games from older systems. PS3 also functions as a blu-ray player if that matters to you.

A lot of games are released on multiple platforms nowadays with the exception of things like Mario/Zelda titles.

[QUOTE=Killadeath;12060448]Wii beats the Xbox & PS3 In sales.
    I find that games have really dictated the champion of these two systems, not the specs.
    Xbox has a superior CPU, while the PS3 has a superior GPU.
    In this generation currently, the Xbox has had It's 99.9% juice squished out, and the PS3 has like 97.9%=QUOTE]

Umm dude you got it wrong the xbox has a better Graphic card while the ps3 has better cpu hello 8 cores?!
    Any prize that's worth having usually requires a risk. No matter how big the risk don't ever think twice just do it!