Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by haydude View Post
    Trap technique works great. We put a tank on Shannox and a tank on Riplimb. Riplimb tank keeps him close to a prison trap, and as soon as the spear targeting graphic appears he traps him. Riplimb tank then runs away from the trap, both their debuffs fall off by the time the spear is returned, boss falls over and dies.
    We used a similar strat, except when the spear went off the riplimb tank put the prison trap between the boss and himself, so the dog just ran over to it, froze, and the debuff ticked off in that time.

The one time that wary thing came up from a flame trap before the spear the tank just held it until it fell off, then froze the dog and ran like bejeebers.

15+ Year Old Account
    We just downed this boss on 25-man. This is, in a nutshell, what we did.

We used three tanks for this. This way we actually did not even need any form of tank swapping, as mitigation could cause the stacks to fall off the MT on Shannox. Each tank was assigned one dedicated healer.

Riplimb was kited around and frozen as often as possible when the tank needed time to clear stacks off of himself.

We slowly brought the dogs down and then had most of the DPS switch to Shannox to work him down a bit. Once he was in his last 20% or so, we finished off both dogs and blew all our cooldowns to nuke Shannox.

We had about 8 people left alive since, sadly, I ended up getting stuck in an ice trap during the burn phase (tunnel visioned too much on health meters and not on surroundings), but this strategy seemed to work pretty well.

Once one of my guildies has the video he did of it, you can probably see it a bit more in detail than I'm explaining it. I will be certain to link it to this thread once it's up.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Valthios View Post
    We burned Rageface then brought Shannox to 35%, then burned Riplimb, then burned boss.
    Did this too.

Won't this enrage Shannox when you kill one of his dogs? Or do you have to kill both in order to enrage him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Won't this enrage Shannox when you kill one of his dogs? Or do you have to kill both in order to enrage him?
    We just tried this strat, wiped cause a trash mob, but it's easily healable with the one enrage effect.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    We just tried this strat, wiped cause a trash mob, but it's easily healable with the one enrage effect.
    So shannox does enrage or just rip limb?

yes they are taunt immune, however, my guild literally one shot it tonight, never did it on the ptr...just it is a stupidly easy mechanic. Tank swapping without taunt is just so damn difficult I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakaga View Post
    yes they are taunt immune, however, my guild literally one shot it tonight, never did it on the ptr...just it is a stupidly easy mechanic. Tank swapping without taunt is just so damn difficult I guess?
    Obviously you're amazing and most everybody sucks I guess, anyways back to reality. What's the yardage for Shannox and Rip limb enrage area

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Obviously you're amazing and most everybody sucks I guess, anyways back to reality. What's the yardage for Shannox and Rip limb enrage area
    Yes, I am, thank you.

Deleted
    Kill Rageface first, have 1 tank on Riplimb and 1 on Shannox. Tank on Riplimb is responsible for trapping at the right time, preferably right before spear throw. That way both tanks' stacks will drop. It seems the boss does not refresh stacks on his tank unless he has his spear equipped, so if the dog is traped and takes time to retrieve the spear its GG. Killing Rageface first makes everything very simple and easy, it's all up to the Riplimb tank from there on to reset both stacks.

Wiped for 30 min, then tried this strat and 2 shot it. Enrage phase is a joke. Spider and Molten Giant dude seemed easier though, we pretty much 1 shot the spider without having any idea what's going on.

Edit: Rageface will enrage the boss but the damage increase is manageable, honestly we barely noticed it. Rageface will not longer run around the room so overall damage intake might actually go down despite the enrage. Also rageface getting traped like a noob makes Riplimb immune to traps for 15 seconds, which is bad since you want Riplimb trapped during spear throw so stacks drop. Overall killing Rageface asap just seems the way to go.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-06-29 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Kill Rageface first, have 1 tank on Riplimb and 1 on Shannox. Tank on Riplimb is responsible for trapping at the right time, preferably right before spear throw. That way both tanks' stacks will drop. It seems the boss does not refresh stacks on his tank unless he has his spear equipped, so if the dog is traped and takes time to retrieve the spear its GG. Killing Rageface first makes everything very simple and easy, it's all up to the Riplimb tank from there on to reset both stacks.

Wiped for 30 min, then tried this strat and 2 shot it. Enrage phase is a joke. Spider and Milten Giant dude seemed easier though, we pretty much 1 shot the spider without having any idea what's going on.
    Thank you. That seems like a very viable strat. We'll use it tomorrow and I'll respond on how it turns out.

I'm actually eager to try out the solo tank method tomorrow. It sounds like fun, and the lolbigdips in 10 man will be a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post

Wiped for 30 min, then tried this strat and 2 shot it. Enrage phase is a joke. Spider and Molten Giant dude seemed easier though, we pretty much 1 shot the spider without having any idea what's going on.

Edit: Rageface will enrage the boss but the damage increase is manageable, honestly we barely noticed it. Rageface will not longer run around the room so overall damage intake might actually go down despite the enrage. Also rageface getting traped like a noob makes Riplimb immune to traps for 15 seconds, which is bad since you want Riplimb trapped during spear throw so stacks drop. Overall killing Rageface asap just seems the way to go.
    Thanks for the lovely intel
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakaga View Post
    Yes, I am, thank you.
    Gotta love it when people act like douchebags because of anonymity on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Notes from last night. Didn't get it cause we got sick of waiting for him to pat into the area we were gonna kill him at.

Riplimb/Shannox enrage distance is huge. We were using 80 yards, just in range of a healer placed in the middle for reference.
    When riplimb dies, Shannox gets 30% damage/speed increase. Isn't too bad, since debuffs fall off consisitantly at that range. As a holy priest, I could solo heal it still(10 man).
    Riplimb does a mini enrage, gets a speed increase, but it doesn't go in effect it seems until Riplimb gets within 10 yards of Shannox, so just move the boss slightly.

Some of this might have been mentioned earlier by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Valthios View Post
    We burned Rageface then brought Shannox to 35%, then burned Riplimb, then burned boss.
    We did this in 10's. No need to tank swap on this fight.

Our guild killed it last night (release night), and since there was a lot of confusion since they made the bosses untauntable, I figured I'd post our kill and add some narration. The tankspot video calls for juggling threat between two tanks, but in our kill we did it without tank swaps. Hope this helps =D It's my first narrated video too, so be kind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49exM3UtXec

Deleted
    Blizzard changes this fight on live. Shannox and Riplimb cannot be taunted. I just updated my Shannox guide at http://www.25man.com/firelands/shannox to reflect this and made a fool proof working strategy. Pretty much all the kills I've seen do it the same as this strategy.

lol we never switched tank and killed him 5th try.. ^^ the debuff from the boss tank just resets and the tank with the dog just runs over a trap and no debuffs ^^
    no clue why you would want to have 2 tankst play with agro table ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doee View Post
    Our guild killed it last night (release night), and since there was a lot of confusion since they made the bosses untauntable, I figured I'd post our kill and add some narration. The tankspot video calls for juggling threat between two tanks, but in our kill we did it without tank swaps. Hope this helps =D It's my first narrated video too, so be kind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49exM3UtXec
    Thanks for the vid, I think it'll be very helpful. Do you think a non-warrior tank could also manage, possibly with a lifegrip or just by running backwards himself? And on 10m, we can't have a third tank, you think this tactic will still be reliable enough as you did hint towards the usefullness of the 3rd tank. I believe the dogs can be slowed, should be enough I hope.