Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    So will using the veteran WoW key code from emails work to get free TBC also? How about anyone who finds original WoW without the battle chest (if it still exists), do they get free upgrade to TBC?
    Yes you can. Blizzard is realisng that selling a game + expansions for 100$ does not work any more. Mostly because RIFT has been the go to game for new MMO gamers in the past few months. We are at the point where BLizzard is realising how much damgage the negative public talk of 4.1 and 4.2 have hurt their game. Hopefully it will push em to make more of real content patches instead of the junk that 4.1 turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    To the people who don't understand the thing about the guild level and disbanding, etc. This is to prevent those jerk guild leaders from getting people in the guild to get it to 25, kick everyone out/disband, then sell the guild.
    Thank you for that. I also understand how frustrating it is to have a guild disbanded at all. When I said it was a stupid rule, I meant that if I put the time and energy into creating a guild (coming up with a good name is hard enough, imo) and getting it to that level, who cares my reason for disbanding it! It is (or after today was) mine.

I see it on the same level as I roll a new toon and get it above level 20, heck even to 85, and I decide to delete it. I don't have to provide a reason, but now blizzard says that I can't delete that toon, that I need to give it to someone else to play it. I understand the whole "it affects other players" vein on this discussion, it is just my viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    To the people who don't understand the thing about the guild level and disbanding, etc. This is to prevent those jerk guild leaders from getting people in the guild to get it to 25, kick everyone out/disband, then sell the guild.
    Uhmm how does this change anything regarding that issue? If you /disbanded a guild, you could not sell it anyway. (Duh)
    Now you just need to promote someone to GM and sell the guild like that. Or am I failing to see something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    There has been a 14 day free trial for years. If you don't like the game in 14 days, you never will. For months WoW was nothing more than an expensive MSN messenger.

Im just wondering if they will count trial accounts as active accounts. I can see it now "WoW has 25 million players" .... yeah but how many of those are trial accounts?
    DO we really need this discussion AGAIN? Blizzard ahve at one point said how many accounts there are total, and it was around 30million or so (at that point). Blizzard do not, will not, have not, probably will never include accounts which are not paid for. Hence the word ACTIVE in their account. INB4 retard remarks how chinese pay differently and dribbles everywhere.

Anywho, literally said last night that it is a bit crazy Blizzard still want people to pay for evry expac when they are now pretty redundant.
    Last edited by wartywarlock; 2011-06-29 at 10:49 AM.

Deleted
    Will the TBC changes have effect on accounts after​ the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Duniah View Post
    Quoting Boubille: "People started farming trash in the new Firelands Raid instance to increase their reputation with the Avengers of Hyjal and got a couple of new recipes out of it! We can assume that the following recipes all drop from Firelands Raid trash.", I have to say that killing trash mobs doesn't increase reputation, only killing bosses does...
    Killing trash does increase rep with Avengers of Hyjal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Yes you can. Blizzard is realisng that selling a game + expansions for 100$ does not work any more. Mostly because RIFT has been the go to game for new MMO gamers in the past few months. We are at the point where BLizzard is realising how much damgage the negative public talk of 4.1 and 4.2 have hurt their game. Hopefully it will push em to make more of real content patches instead of the junk that 4.1 turned out to be.
    actually i quit wow about 4 months back and went over to rift, then took a 2 week break due to personal reasons, and now am back to wow.
    in rift, if you level with friends at about the same rate, you will have enormous amounts of fun, but you fall behind by 10 levels and then you get your ass kicked by same level mobs, killing you and the fun.
    IMHO Rift is all about the social aspect of MMO, none of the solo crap you can get away with in WoW. Then again, the solo crap in WoW winds up much more fun than the solo crap in RIFT.

TLR 1.) i ramble 2.) im back to wow because of a lack of FUN solo play in RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by veyen View Post
    Unlimited Trials? WoW is hurting, didn't WAR implement this when their game was going downhill?
    No kidding. Talk about trying to pad their numbers as far as accounts goes. No way better than to include thousands of trial accounts that have long since been forgotten.

Thats kinda like counting dead people as registered voters.

Blizzard is slipping. Dead no way. Slipping - yea.

Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    DO we really need this discussion AGAIN? Blizzard ahve at one point said how many accounts there are total, and it was around 30million or so (at that point). Blizzard do not, will not, have not, probably will never include accounts which are not paid for. Hence the word ACTIVE in their account. INB4 retard remarks how chinese pay differently and dribbles everywhere.

Anywho, literally said last night that it is a bit crazy Blizzard still want people to pay for evry expac when they are now pretty redundant.
    So played endless trial account is not an acctive account ? Account that is created with free refer a friend key and played for 1 month is not an active account? Who are you trying to fool? Blizzard is trying to put a positive spin on things atm. These changes to endless trials and huge amount of key giveaways gives Blizzard a perfect tool to change their defenation of active accounts. Im not saying they will be saying the game now has 30 million actvie accounts - Just saying they will put a positive spin to it cause more news of hundred of thousands players leaving does alot of dmg for both players and investors.

We can only hope Bizzard will improve in their next few content patches - cause after all thats the only way they will really maintain a steady sub numbers. 4.1 was a joke of a content patch. 4.2 is a summer patch with minimum raiding content. Whats next ? Noone knows but since most BLizz devs are going for summer vacations in the next 2 months we can be pretty sure that it will not be coming out any time soon.

Typical of Blizzard wasting time on stuff which doesn't hurt anyone - don't touch the damn memento! It is the ultimate in a limited resource, you can't get any more - WHO CARES if someone sells it

Wow can't believe Blizz is struggling with subs, although I do wish they would allow the free accounts access to guilds, even if it is just limited access, I would love to have a free account where I can still log on and talk to my friends even if my main account runs out of time, either because I can't or dont feel like renewing the time, it doesnt mean I dont want to get on wow and talk to my friends and guildies. Also, nice that you get free tbc upgrades now, but again, just like everyone else it sounds to me like blizz is hurting for subs.

Maybe Blizz just feels like -growth- is the economic thing to do... You know, as in they want -even more- subs.

Shove that "WoW is dying" crap. WoW could lose more than half of its subs and still lead the market by a huge margin.

New players will get turned off while Activision Blizz attempts to profit off new players in by selling them Vanilla + BC + Wrath + Cata. Bundling expansion packs is a good move. I expect

Quote Originally Posted by cyan421 View Post
    free accounts to 20, hum, return of the twink?
    Last time I checked they cannot receive mail, buy items off the AH, or trade items with players. I guess you could do runs and make sure they get the drops but that is a lot of effort for a character who can do so little.

Now, if they get around to raising the trial cap to 30 or 40 it would make WOW a kill the time type game I can see getting back too
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    No kidding. Talk about trying to pad their numbers as far as accounts goes. No way better than to include thousands of trial accounts that have long since been forgotten.

Thats kinda like counting dead people as registered voters.

Blizzard is slipping. Dead no way. Slipping - yea.
    Hahaha, you think Blizzard includes trialaccounts.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Seems like a bad case of losing customers thanks to their shitty "bring the player not the class" motto. I would like to see the uptades active subscriptions numbers after Tera and Guild Wars 2 hits Europe and USA. GG, Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Hahaha, you think Blizzard includes trialaccounts.
    Since blizzard created their own definition of what they consider an account, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out they do count them.
    It's a perfect way to pad numbers and announce increased subs when in all actuality subs vs cancellations stayed the same or went down as they have recently announced.

It's a move big businesses do all the time.

So yea, I think blizzard will work those numbers in somehow through some fancy verbal jargon on what they consider an account.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    So yea, I think blizzard will work those numbers in somehow through some fancy verbal jargon on what they consider an account.
    Kind of like how you try to use poorly spelled jargon to say WoW is dying? If ever a case of a pot calling a kettle black existed...this would be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven’t yet ventured beyond the Dark Portal?
    New age of trollong by blizz.

---------- Post added 2011-06-29 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by courtjester311 View Post
    Thank you for that. I also understand how frustrating it is to have a guild disbanded at all. When I said it was a stupid rule, I meant that if I put the time and energy into creating a guild (coming up with a good name is hard enough, imo) and getting it to that level, who cares my reason for disbanding it! It is (or after today was) mine.

I see it on the same level as I roll a new toon and get it above level 20, heck even to 85, and I decide to delete it. I don't have to provide a reason, but now blizzard says that I can't delete that toon, that I need to give it to someone else to play it. I understand the whole "it affects other players" vein on this discussion, it is just my viewpoint.
    Sure. They dream about times then you will be not allowed to delete and even quit playing your toon! Idealy LogOut and Exit buttons will be removed and your biological body will be directly connected to network.
    It was a junky movie about it. "Matrix" I think
    Last edited by valiorik; 2011-06-29 at 02:27 PM.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

I get the whole "prevents butthurt GMs from disbanding lvl 25 guilds", but does it really? Can't they still just kick everyone from it? I mean, they ARE the GM. And now it just stops people with low level alts in a dead guild or something from dropping their guild if they need to for some reason. Now you have to sucker in some guy into joining your guild so you can pass the buck and high tail it.