Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They really should have just kept the DA graphic in until they developed a new one rather make it the same as stupid old PWS
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I hope they think of something sweet for the new DA animation!

Deleted
    It's the animation they have a problem with, not the 3D shield, so potentially we'll see the old shield back but just not the fancy way it applied to people.

Unhappy

I'm actually pretty sad and depressed about the spell effect change on Divine Aegis. What the hell is wrong and what the hell are they thinking? WoW is really starting to lose way too much to be fun anymore. I spent two weeks giving Rift a chance to come back to WoW with the attitude of "Rift is just too different, I like WoW the way it is" and find that they took away some of my favorite things... making WoW even too different anymore. I feel lost and betrayed. Sure, maybe it's just a spell animation/effect... but I loved it the way it was. Aion isn't WoW, Warhammer isn't WoW... Rift isn't WoW. WoW isn't even WoW anymore - it's just another knock off of World of Warcraft itself. A knock off that doesn't hold a candle to the REAL thing. Son, I am disappoint. :'(

My point is: I think Blizzard is forgetting everything that made this game sit higher on the totem pole than the other MMORPGs... WoW is just turning into every other MMORPG that we don't play because it's not like WoW.
    Last edited by Seralindrea; 2011-07-07 at 11:36 PM.

Priests dont deserve that treatment. Even when they remove perma form from resto druids at least it was reasonable, even if i still dont like it. But this excuse is the worst they ever made...
    If thing are starting to go this way for this game , im not seeing myself enjoy this game any longer.

This is just stupid.
    It was a great animation and not nearly as intusive as many many others.
    And the advice to activate “Emphasize my spell visuals” takes the cake - it reduces animations of boss abilities which makes it totally useless for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    To me it just looks like yet another "Let's pretend this was intentional so we don't look incompetent". Happens a lot to Priests lately!
    This. 100% agree.

The "working as intended" is stupid. It is clearly not. They said earlier that it was a bug. Now it's a "new cool design so you can watch videos post 4.2".

Deleted
    What in the world......

Blizzard's team is now officially retarded. If this change goes through i will either reroll or quit.

The reason is so dumb, i can't even begin to....

I like how 99% of you guys failed to see the Blue Post right on the Blue Tracker/front page explaining how it was a last minute change to stop spell effect clutter and that this is merely a placeholder until they can make something a bit less flashy looking/lag causing.

Stop yelling all this silly stuff about how dumb Blizzard is and let them make a suitable spell effect.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia View Post
    This. 100% agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia View Post

The "working as intended" is stupid. It is clearly not. They said earlier that it was a bug. Now it's a "new cool design so you can watch videos post 4.2".

They didn't say that ANY where. T_T They said it's a placeholder! I swear you people WANT to hate Blizz so badly that you change everything they say into something stupid.

"We changed Divine Aegis very late in the 4.2 patch cycle, so we used the temporary solution of using the Power Word: Shield impact, which is much less prominent."

The effect was obscuring the action for large groups of players guys. How is the reason "retarded" as you guys are saying? Its like the Shaman quake spell effect! Gnomes were completely engulfed inside it and small adds could hide within it unnoticed. Stuff like that has to be changed. Just calm your bodies and accept that the old effect, as cool as it is, should be changed.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-07-09 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I like how 99% of you guys failed to see the Blue Post right on the Blue Tracker/front page explaining how it was a last minute change to stop spell effect clutter and that this is merely a placeholder until they can make something a bit less flashy looking/lag causing.

Stop yelling all this silly stuff about how dumb Blizzard is and let them make a suitable spell effect.

They didn't say that ANY where. T_T They said it's a placeholder! I swear you people WANT to hate Blizz so badly that you change everything they say into something stupid.

"We changed Divine Aegis very late in the 4.2 patch cycle, so we used the temporary solution of using the Power Word: Shield impact, which is much less prominent."

The effect was obscuring the action for large groups of players guys. How is the reason "retarded" as you guys are saying? Its like the Shaman quake spell effect! Gnomes were completely engulfed inside it and small adds could hide within it unnoticed. Stuff like that has to be changed. Just calm your bodies and accept that the old effect, as cool as it is, should be changed.
    I just want the old one back. Not a new less flashy one, it obviously was a mistake from Blizzard and they are trying to cover their incompetence.
    With all these kicks in the teeth for priests lately this is another molar wich was round-house kicked out.

And no it shouldn't be changed at all, if it actually obscured your view then you have some problems with your vision.

Or are you one of those people who ALWAYS agree's with what Blizzard does no matter what?

Or perhaps just trolling...
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-07-09 at 02:19 AM.

It's been suggested on the official forums a dozen times in the last few days and I think it's a really good idea:

Swap the animations of DA and PW:bubble. We get to keep the amazing visual effects of DA, yet the (imaginary) visual clusterf*ck caused by it also remains "fixed".
    And in all honesty, PW:bubble is our superior absorption spell, it deserves the superior animation.

Deleted
    I actually got banned for a week for saying somebody was a troll :/

Anyhow, they say they will change it to a toned down effect of the old animation.

I expect this change to come in 2015.

Also i just have to say this: Dumbest change ever.

Gnomes were completely engulfed inside it and small adds could hide within it unnoticed.

Er...I've never had a problem with small models being covered by DA. And "small adds"? Uh, nameplates, hello?

Stuff like that has to be changed. Just calm your bodies and accept that the old effect, as cool as it is, should be changed.
    "Calm your bodies and accept my opinion as fact" ? It didn't need to be changed. It's been that way for as long as DA has existed, and nobody ever, ever complained about it, but now all of a sudden it's an issue? Wat?

I don't understand why blues say it was "distracting"...I was never distracted by it. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler tried playing a Disc priest, he sucked, so he decided to blame DA and say it distracted him from healing.
    On topic: I guess it doesn't matter too too much but I'm sure I'm not the only one that just loved the shinyness of the bubbles wtb DA back, never once did I see a post complaining about it, I have however, seen posts complaining about the Chakra spell effect; maybe they should remove that one
    [/CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Er...I've never had a problem with small models being covered by DA. And "small adds"? Uh, nameplates, hello?
    Its like the Shaman quake spell effect! Gnomes were completely engulfed inside it and small adds could hide within it unnoticed.
    He wasn't talking about DA for that part.

Deleted
    as far as animations obscuring the battle I can sympathise. In a 25man raid it can sometimes be more challanging to see a harmful ground effect under the mass of friendly ground effects (or effects such as death and decay). Once you get 2x healing rains, a HW:Sanc and a tree circle down and the usual D+D, conc etc it can be trickier to see that little patch of fire.
    I can't say DA shields ever kept me from seeing anything though, ever. Really ground effects are the problem not character animations.

I would like to see the 'emphasize my spell effects' next to an 'emphasize boss effects'. Complete with sliders would be even better.
    Or EVEN better would be a detailed list of effects (as you would find in most addons but detailed enough to scare blizzard from implementing it) that you can choose to show or hide, I don't care where D+D/concecration is. I do care where my PW:B is. I do care where healing rain is. I particularly care where the void zone is.

Either way, it's nice to know blizzard is considering the overall effect of having so much happening, it's a shame to see they picked the wrong spell to change though.

Deleted
    Well this is interesting, when I made a ticket to ask when the old animation was coming back the GM said it would come back next patch, but he also said something else:

Meaning that it was just a mistake all along and Blizzard is trying to cover up their incompetence.(Well ok everybody makes mistakes but lets call it incompetence)

Also the teamwork in that AB match was amazing!
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-07-19 at 07:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, lets just hope they didn't change anything about it then. I was up in arms the moment I read the blue post stating that DA was "distracting." I mean honestly?

The GMs never know what's going on in these situations. Over the years I've learned to never believe them.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    The GMs never know what's going on in these situations. Over the years I've learned to never believe them.
    oh so true..there is a rather large disconnect between the GM teams and the developer teams. half the time GM are as clueless about this game as we are
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft