Rogue - Kidney Shot and Shiv Questions

I am fairly new at rogue - just turned 85 about a month ago. Two consistent problems I seem to be having are:

1) How to know when a warrior enrages so I can apply shiv.
    2) How to know when a class has some kind of shield up that resists my kidney shot.

Are there general rules or things I can look out for so that I know the appropriate time to apply shiv and so that I won't waste a kidney shot and get stuck for another 20 seconds? Warriors seem to be my main problem - they get into this damage "zone" where I can't stun them and they dish out massive damage and I'm just not able to tell when it is happening until it's too late.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can use Power Auras Classic to set up buffs and stuff on the target, which will let you know when to Shiv and when not to Kidney(like in Icebound Fortitude for DKs). ~ Unless you're talking about Diminishing Returns, I think Gladius does that, but dunno if that's only arena frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You can use Power Auras Classic to set up buffs and stuff on the target, which will let you know when to Shiv and when not to Kidney(like in Icebound Fortitude for DKs). ~ Unless you're talking about Diminishing Returns, I think Gladius does that, but dunno if that's only arena frames.
    Thank you, very helpful. I was wondering about an add-on that would help since I've seen similar sorts in arena videos but never knew where to look. I'll try it out when I get home.

I wasn't talking about diminishing returns.

Well, one step would be to know what buffs/class can do what to counter you. As someone mentioned powa auras can let you know when certain classes have enrages, etc, but most of those PAYATTENTIONTOME buffs are fairly noticable.