Thread: Riplimb's aggro

15+ Year Old Account

Riplimb's aggro

We had our first goes on Shannox tonight, and while working out a strategy I noticed something really aggravating about Riplimb and his aggro mechanic.

He targets the person highest on threat. Untauntable. Absolutely no worries there. What I AM confused about is how I as a hunter (just me on Riplimb to start with, warrior tanking) manage to continuously pull threat on the doggy. I'm MD'ing on cooldown. I'm FD'ing on cooldown. And every single attempt had Omen screaming at me, and Riplimb running back and forth between me and the tank.

On one attempt, I died to Rageface. Got given a brez, and within 15-20sec I had pulled aggro.

The issue is not with our tank - he's a good tank, and have never had aggro issues with him before.

Is there a threat drop/dump mechanic in there somewhere? If so, when should I be MD'ing?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

You say that the issue isn't with your tank, but that's the only explanation (if the rest of what you say is true). There's no threat drop mechanic that I know of.

He's either a) not focus tanking Riplimb or b) not generating the amount of threat he should be.

Make sure that he is taking Riplimb through the Ice Block traps whenever possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could understand if he was not doing his job right, but what I do NOT understand is me as a hunter continuously pulling aggro against a tank whose threat generation is normally top notch, when I'm using MD and FD on every cooldown. I do not understand how I can die a minute into the fight, get brez'd, then pull aggro again very quickly.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    When you are brezed you retain all threat you had upon dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe threat actually drops on either Riplimb or Shannox. We noticed last evening that if a tank died and you battle rezzed them the add/boss went right back to the tank and their original threat was there. So I would recommend putting dps something else.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

in our first firelands raid we did bethilic or whatever and lord giant thing, downed them but had EXTREME difficulties on shannox due to the aggro mechanics on the dog, our RL just called it a night saying it was probably bugged.

im not saying it is... im saying we had trouble with this too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    When you are brezed you retain all threat you had upon dying.
    Confirmed. Boss and Riplimb DO NOT drop aggro just because you died. It is because to the last minute mechanic change where they are NOT TAUNTABLE. All aggro is retained and OMEN must be carefully observed to make sure you do not pull aggro.

If your warr tank was any good, he would be INTERVENING you to reduce your threat. But I suspect other foul play.. like a rogue ToTTing you or another hunter MDing you. Or your tank really sucks.

we simply burned down rageface since he has no aggro table while giving the tanks heaps of time to build threat on the other two dogs, then just tanked shannox with 1 stack of enrage from like 90% to 35% while dps'ing riplimb, then killing him and burning shannox. not sure if this strat is ideal for everyone but it worked well for us and avoided the problems of threat which even i as a rogue had been experiencing on riplimb/shannox.