Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

About fakecasting

So i want to begin practising fakecasting on my lock but i cannot find a suiitable key where to put my /stopcasting macro without messing my actual keybinded habilities.So i was wondering what if i keybinded the stopcasting with an instant? For instance Fel Flame. Is it a bad idea? Why?Another option would be including it in my mounting macro which is binded to an additional mouse button (ao it makes it a very easily reacheable bind). As you cannot mount in combat pressing the mounting macro would just stop the cast.

Ive always just jumped or moved, people seem to use their interrupts still.

i always put /stopcasting in front of anything i feel will be a priority, and if you don't like using that many macros, get macaroon for your bar addon.

Deleted
    I also interupt spellcasting by moving, pressing both mouse buttons simultaneously to be exact. When I was PvPing on Guild Wars, where fake casting plays an important role against mesmers and rangers, I interupted my cast by pressing the left Shift key with my little finger. Shift alone can't be keybound on WoW, but caps lock, which is right above it, can be. Mouse button is good too, whatever you just feel most comfortable with. The mount macro sounds good to me!

I just move. Shouldnt have to use a /stopcasting macro just to fakecast

Deleted
    moving or jumping works just fine

Quote Originally Posted by souvlaki View Post
    i cannot find a suiitable key where to put my /stopcasting macro
    Spacebar...

incoming elitist rage about moving to stop casting, i just use both mouse buttons or just w to move forward, or even d to strafe

15+ Year Old Account
    Move or jump, or as a blizzard loading screen tool tip says: Hit the escape key.

Deleted
    About moving, I also have a shaman, so if I rely on moving I would not be able to fakecast while SWG. Escape key is another option but i cannot reach to it as fast as other options (i could train me to do it though)

15+ Year Old Account
    No offense but SWG is a 3-minute CD and it sounds like your Shaman is an alt.

Do you really want an extra keybind for an irregular situation for your alt?

I'd just move or jump.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

I'd just move or jump.
    No offense taken. But if you read my OP, i don't want an extra keybind, i want to use an already used keybind to add a /stopcasting option (no offense). And I want it to be the most versatile option for any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

I'd just move or jump.
    A key to stop casting suddenly became very important though now that shamans can cast lightning bolt on the move.

Deleted
    I just strafe a bit, or move, or jump.

10+ Year Old Account
    i jump, cast an instant or use demonic circle teleport.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pintodean View Post
    Ive always just jumped or moved, people seem to use their interrupts still.
    spacebar or strafe ftw, yo. its what i do too.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Do what that other guy said add stopcast macro to a easy to reach button that u dont reg spam this way u cast than hit ur button to stop if u need to .

People have to learn that both fire mage and shaman can run while casting now, that includes jumping btw. So yes, A macro is needed for some classes.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2011-07-03 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    You generally don't need a macro for this, you just move by a milimeter. I wouldn't suggest jumping though because that makes you unable to do anything until you land back and it is also obvious that you fake things.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing some people who are posting don't know the mechanic behind SWG.

Try putting it on asdfg or zxcvb easy to reach buttons unless you're all keybound on those already. Also your mouse can be a viable option depending on how many buttons you have on it, and if prior keybinds exist.