Buying a new computer

Looking to buy a new computer. Not really looking for anything too special, all I really want is for it to be able to run WoW well and have Windows 7. My price range is 300-500 dollars. I really don't know much at all about computers especially when it comes to buying them so i'm sorry if my details are light but yeah like I said i'm not looking for anything too special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you already own windows 7? If not thats half your budget gone on software already.... You'd probably be better off at your price point, buying a Pre-Made PC from Walmart or Best Buy etc...

If you do then check out Fuzzy's "Sweet Spot Build" thread for the $500 build :-)

---------- Post added 2011-06-29 at 10:21 PM ----------

$500 Build
    Case: Thermaltake V3 Black $39.99
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA-380D 380W $44.99
    Motherboard: AsRock H61M-VS $59.99
    Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 $124.99
    CPU Cooler: Stock - Free
    RAM: G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) $34.99
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB $44.99
    Optical Disc Drive: Sony Optiarc SATA DVD/CD Burner $19.99
    Graphics Card: Galaxy GTS 450 $124.99
    Total: 519.92 USD

See this :-)

I'm not really looking to build a new pc myself. (My ignorance of such things would probobly ruin it.) Chances are I'm just gonna buy a premade one from walmart. I was just hoping someone on here knew of a better deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilrog View Post
    I'm not really looking to build a new pc myself. (My ignorance of such things would probobly ruin it.) Chances are I'm just gonna buy a premade one from walmart. I was just hoping someone on here knew of a better deal.
    Ah :-) Sorry wrong side of the Atlantic :-)

Deleted
    Many online retailers of computer parts will offer to build the computer for you if you pay them.

Looking to buy a new computer. Not really looking for anything too special, all I really want is for it to be able to run WoW well and have Windows 7. My price range is 300-500 dollars. I really don't know much at all about computers especially when it comes to buying them so i'm sorry if my details are light but yeah like I said i'm not looking for anything too special.
    You will not be able to run WoW well on that kind of budget if you want to raid. It might be passable for solo questing though.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

You sure about that? I'm sitting on a dated computer from 2002 that runs WoW fine right now. I figured any storebought around that price range would be an improvement at this point.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You sure about that? I'm sitting on a dated computer from 2002 that runs WoW fine right now. I figured any storebought around that price range would be an improvement at this point.
    Be surprised dude. The manufactured garbage that HP and company sling has horrible power supplies and if you're lucky a video card that can play Farmville. Save up the money and buy something worth while.

that runs WoW fine
    Certainly not on anything other than low.
    "well" being defined as high/ultra with at least 30-40 FPS in a 25raid/packed city setting.

Purchasing a Prebuilt PC has its downs. Most prebuilts offer you a crap Graphics card but good CPU, Or vice-versa. However with a budget of 300-500 you will not get a good prebuilt, Decent yes. But fantastic? Not really. Best advice is to save up a bit more.