Possible to play Starcraft 2 off USB hard drive?

Hello~

My current situation at home(where I play my games at) is a really really slow internet connection. The updates even if it's under 100mb takes me a while to download. Add to that the constant updates from blizzard and the ability for my copy of starcraft 2 to get corrupted... it just doesn't work. So basically every time my starcraft 2 gets corrupted, I have to re-download about 7-8gigs worth of the game+patches(Takes about 5 days worth of non-stop downloading) and that just doesn't work.

My work place has a faster connection but I can't exactly bring my big ol' tower here so I'm wondering if it's possible to play starcraft 2 off of a USB hard drive?

If it's possible, how would I go about installing it on my computer and would any USB drive work? I'd like some tips and recommendations about which USB drive and how to install it so I can run it. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Make sure your home comp and your work comp uses the same OS.

OR

Install it using your work comp. Or else you risk running into compatibility issues.

2. Play

At least my external work when i play some old NFS game on my school laptop.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

My home computer is vista 32bit and work is win XP.

So pretty much install it on the USB drive from work, once it's all patched up, bring the HD home, plug it in and play? Do most USB drives have fast enough access/transfer rates to run games off USB 2.0?

It should be able to. I run WoW, LoL, and MW2 off of my external hard drive.

Edit:
    Just copy the installation directory from wherever you originally installed it to your external.
    Alternatively, install to the external directly.
    Plug the external into wherever you want to play.
    Press the .exe and it'll patch, play, whatever.
    Last edited by Kroo; 2011-06-30 at 02:15 AM.

That is awesome news. Thanks so much for the info guys!

yea i installed WoW on vista 64 bit on an external and can play it on XP 32 bit